Traveller Slashes Vendors With Kirpan

BiggChan

My personal view is if the content of the vendors remarks/actions were insulting or dereogatory to Sikh faith, Sikhi roop, Gurbani or any act of beadbi, then his actions were just. Just a shanme that Sikh's are always first to criticise their own without knowing the actual circumstances. Had this been an adherent to the Jewish or Islamic faith, his fellow co-religionists would be rallying around him.

So we should attempt to kill anyone that we think has done baisti to our faith as opposed to using the Kirpan for it's purpose which was physical defense in the case of violent confrontation. Does Miri-Piri mean anything to you? The Talibinisation of our kaum continues, must be kuljug. Why bother taking account other religions, I hold Sikhs to a higher standard than blind rallying.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories (well, most of the time anyway) but could this have been a deliberate "operation" to attach negativity to the kirpan, i.e. scare the average man on the street into asking for the kirpan to be banned in public?

Possible but not probable, given how some people are approving of his behavior on this board, in all likelihood he was a Sikh who was armed with his Kirpan but not in control of his krodh, dangerous mix, and a reason why we're supposed to have such vices in control before entering Guru's fauj.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories (well, most of the time anyway) but could this have been a deliberate "operation" to attach negativity to the kirpan, i.e. scare the average man on the street into asking for the kirpan to be banned in public?

Thats pretty plausible ! RSS has been for long trying to get kirpans and other kakkars banned . They worked against kirpans in Canada also . I swear I have seen with my very own eyes on Canadian hindu advocacy website that they were pushing canada govt to ban kirpans and they associated it with terrorism ..

since when have we started believing this Indian press
?

To be fair...(and you know I don't normally say good things about the Indians)....the article is actually quite positive in alluding to the fact that the Sikh gentleman was in the right and the hooligans wrong. To me, it seems like a very fair news article....and its also quite heartwarming to note how all the (hindu) eyewitnesses to the incident back up the view that the Sikh was the good guy and the hindu hooligans the bad guys. However I'm not getting carried away. Its probably more to do with the fact that the incident occurred in West Bengal......and the people of West Bengal are famously fair minded and intelligent compared to the rest of India.