Manpreet Badal & The People'S Party Of Punjab

Singh559

i had a chance to dialogue with him few months back. I think he has a strong stance against corruption and for good domestic policies.

But he avoided all questions with regarding to justice 1984. Dehdhari worship in Panjab. holy City status for Amritsar, Turban issue( was around the time of Chardhigarh dastaar incident) etc etc

I think he's the best we got from a rotten batch right now. I can see him being a Manmohan Singh type character, not wanting anything for Sikhs but a good all round politician.

You gotta love the people of Punjab don't ya ? Their answer to the corruption of nepotism in Punjabi politics.....the way one family rules over generations as if they are the royal family is..........to make another separate part by.....yet another member of the same family !!

You know I was discussing the state of Punjab with my wife just a few weeks ago. I said to her "you know whats wrong with Punjab today don't you?.......There's not quite enough Badals in power and in politics. If only there was one more Badal we could vote for then I can see a bright future for Punjab"

You gotta love the people of Punjab don't ya ? Their answer to the corruption of nepotism in Punjabi politics.....the way one family rules over generations as if they are the royal family is..........to make another separate part by.....yet another member of the same family !!

You know I was discussing the state of Punjab with my wife just a few weeks ago. I said to her "you know whats wrong with Punjab today don't you?.......There's not quite enough Badals in power and in politics. If only there was one more Badal we could vote for then I can see a bright future for Punjab"

I can see where you're coming from and I'd agree if given the situation Manpreet was in didn't happen. If they wanted to do something like this they could have merged together and once Manpreet was about to fix the debt issue of Punjab they could have turned SAD(B) into a powerhouse in the next campaign election.

They kicked him out for the sole reason that sukhbir badal only knows how to run his business through thuggery, he is a horrible public speaker, isn't by any means an intellectual and can't appeal to the general public. For this reason he was a threat to them in the future. Once Parkash died they knew Manpreet could have been a major player in taking over therefore they kicked him out.

I've heard many good things even when he was in his position. An average pind wala wearing a dhothi could go into his office and tell his story and he would try to help you.

I understand that he wants to do all of these things and is promising that he will do it all, but are the steps that he is going to take?

When we have a provincial election coming up here in Ontario, Canada.. basicaly the same thing as whats gonna happen in Punjab. All the parties here are campaigning for votes but on each issue they have their platform. This is where we are going to invest X amount of money, these are the programs we are going to introduce, this is what we are going to cut, this is how we are going to bring in corporation into our province, this is how we are going to help small bussinesses etc.

I have yet to see any planning of that type from Manpreet Badal. If he has given such platforms publicly someone please send me a link for it :)

ballin'

This is probably what we feared about PPP.

Manpreet said the PPP was likely to announce its organisational team by next month. About the possibility of an alliance with the CPI and CPM, he said he had got know about their (tie-up) offer during his foreign tour. “We will try to decide the issue over the next fortnight,” he said.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110826/punjab.htm#6

• 2 weeks later...

PPP chief Manpreet backs Sehajdharis too

Amritsar: Former Finance Minister and PPP supremo Manpreet Badal today advocated voting rights for the Sehajdhari Sikhs in the SGPC elections.Addressing a press conference at the party office here today, Manpreet said: "The Sehajdharis also believe in the Sikh religion and should be given the right to exercise franchise in the SGPC elections."

On the possibility of forging an alliance with the SAD (Longowal), he said no one from the party had approached them till now. He clarified that an alliance with the Left parties was on the cards and deliberations were on over a common minimum programme (CMP) for the coming assembly elections. He said the picture would become clear within a fortnight. On the CM's statement that the SGPC elections were like a "semi-final", Manpreet said his party was against participating in the SGPC elections as it was a religious body and the sanctity of the body could only be maintained if political parties did not meddle in the day-to-day affairs of the religious body. The PPP president claimed that the coming assembly elections would throw up surprising results as the people were fed up with corruption. He said the common man had to make numerous rounds of government offices to get work done and no file moved unless the "palms of officials were greased". Later, addressing a rally, Manpreet said Punjab needed a strong government and he was trying to acquaint himself with the problems faced by the people in the state.

Let's not be naive, this is Pujab Politics are most of us are born and raised in the West. We can't begin to think of the backwardness of these politicians. They would sell there own mother to get into power. You will only know what they will do when they actually come into power, and it is then that they show there true colors.

In India especially they will tell you what you want to hear when you want to hear it because they are desperate for votes and need them to come from whatever place possible.

If you were to challenge this Manpreet character on issues, gauranteed he will shut you down and walk away. Most of the places he has visited in the west are just people who are tired of Badal Sr., manpreet is not much of a of an alternative.

He knows how to do public speaking and touch the emotional chordes of people, there so far is no substance in his talk.

Most people who vote in Punjab are brainless anyways, especially the jats and low caste, who have a huge bank vote. They will never vote for what is right, only for what suits them. If people are so fed up with Badal Sr., why do they keep voting him in? Makes you think doesn't it. They are just brainless and corrupt people and they want a similar leader. People are still voting in Badal Sr.........why?Mostly because they don't use there brain when voting, it is all whatever someone tells them, they make them feel good and win votes, doesn't mean they are a good leader.

Do you really think Manpreet will be any different? Time will only tell.......I have my doubts

Let's not be naive, this is Pujab Politics are most of us are born and raised in the West. We can't begin to think of the backwardness of these politicians. They would sell there own mother to get into power. You will only know what they will do when they actually come into power, and it is then that they show there true colors.

In India especially they will tell you what you want to hear when you want to hear it because they are desperate for votes and need them to come from whatever place possible.

If you were to challenge this Manpreet character on issues, gauranteed he will shut you down and walk away. Most of the places he has visited in the west are just people who are tired of Badal Sr., manpreet is not much of a of an alternative.

He knows how to do public speaking and touch the emotional chordes of people, there so far is no substance in his talk.

Most people who vote in Punjab are brainless anyways, especially the jats and low caste, who have a huge bank vote. They will never vote for what is right, only for what suits them. If people are so fed up with Badal Sr., why do they keep voting him in? Makes you think doesn't it. They are just brainless and corrupt people and they want a similar leader. People are still voting in Badal Sr.........why?Mostly because they don't use there brain when voting, it is all whatever someone tells them, they make them feel good and win votes, doesn't mean they are a good leader.

Do you really think Manpreet will be any different? Time will only tell.......I have my doubts

Of course people in punjab are easily duped. It's an agricultural people, not educated doctors living in villages. Also, you need to stop dividing people by using terms like "caste" "low caste"... there is no such thing as "caste" or "low caste" in Sikhi. We are all equals. There are however various tribes that share a common cultural background.

Also in punjab votes are bought. It's a very corrupt land, corrupted by hindustan. Intentionally engineered to be like this. We've all seen what happens when a noble leader rises who looks for Punjabi Sikh interests above all... he gets labelled terrorist and attacked. Until separate state is formed, it will always be like this. One day India will go the way of the former Yugoslavia. It's a matter of when, not if.