What Sangat Tv Needs To Do Next

Singhstah

Got home from my local gurdwara at about 2:00 am last night to find everyone (non-sikhs) going absolutely crazy for sangat tv! the amount of praise sikhs are getting for what they did in southall and sangat tv's coverage of birmingham and southall is amazing. At about 2:00 am last night there were about 9 new tweets every second mentioning sangat tv. I was very pleased when the southall presenter took note of this and started talking in English about who sikhs are and not to mistake us for others.

I think Sangat TV now needs to be VERY quick to produce good English speaking shows on Sikhi. Please get presenters and panels fluent in English and knowledgable in Sikhi, preferably youth and please get some in full bana also, and just talk about Sikhi and sikh spirituality, but gear it to a non Sikh audience. Shows like aatam gyaan and Discovery are the PERFECT types of shows Sangat needs to show right now. Please plan this very carefully and be fast to get this programming up, preferably by this evening! They will stop watching Sangat Tv soon. It shouldn't be too hard to get a few knowledgable, english speaking youth together to talk abit about Sikhi.

Please be quick, even on twitter now people are sayiing they are watching, but obviously haven't got a clue whats going on.

edit:also should try to show videos of white and black sikhs.

I have tried to phone sangat tv but they are not picking up (understandably), if anyone from sangat tv is reading this please please take these suggestions on board. If anyone has contact with sangat tv please pass this on.

Thanks, another pat on the back to Sangat Tv, Upinder Randhawa, the Southall presenter whose name I have forgotten, and all the crew on the road last night.

Sangat TV's unique selling point to me seems to be that great coverage of being live at the scene of incidents and current events before any mainstream broadcaster. That has huge marketting potential. But I would like to add some caution to the presenters you got to check our the regulations and laws what you can broadcast because you mite air an incident unintentionally which could cause alot of problems. So you need to read up on the legal stuff and get a proper editor to decide what can go out on air and what cant.

Spread Sikhi in the age of darkness! :happyretard:

i just went on Sangat Tv online and there's like 550 people watching it as we speak.

Singhstah jee, your ideas is spot on...if Sangat TV can get more Gursikh to do parchar in English...that will be amazing!

Its very good that they're playing Sikhi Camp & Khalsa Camp trailers...they're very inspring and more importantly in English.

Please try to put on Discovery & all the old Transformations etc

The view online were dropping but have picked up again since the English content.

Please don't keep repeating the same content over and over though

We should have community leaders from all races and religions having discussions regarding how we can reduce the tensions against the black community in birmingham right now. That should be the number one priority. We dont want things to get out of hand, only through dialogue can the elders rein in the wayward feral youth of these street yobs and mobs.