Married A Girl From India

superduper

The advice given here has been quite good, maybe you should give out advice for women looking for husband's in India. We need to keep a look out for women as well as men, I for one wouldnt want a decent girl from UK marrying a dodgy guy from India.....

Some ladies might think we were being very unfair to our sisters back home. But the topic was started by a guy who is looking for advice in regards to his particular situation.

But yes, many of the same things apply for our sisters overseas looking for a husband back home.

Some ladies might think we were being very unfair to our sisters back home. But the topic was started by a guy who is looking for advice in regards to his particular situation.

But yes, many of the same things apply for our sisters overseas looking for a husband back home.

The big question is why UK or Canadian Guys want to marry Girls from Punjab and UK or Canadian women want to marry men from India.The people that are grown up in similar environment share so much so why to choose choose partner from different environment?

The big question is why UK or Canadian Guys want to marry Girls from Punjab and UK or Canadian women want to marry men from India.The people that are grown up in similar environment share so much so why to choose choose partner from different environment?

Its our parents, I think (certainly in the case of males). Some of our folks still think they'll get an obedient bahoo from Panjab who'll not only look after their son, but also do seva of her in-laws too. So they flock to India to find not only a wife for their son but a carer for themselves in their old age. I could be wrong but that's how it was a few years back.

• 4 weeks later...

Be true to yourself, and don't worry about and torment yourself. Naturally, peoples attitude and behavior will change according to the new environment.

Most people try to adjust accordingly, so have a frank conversation and most importantly - ones again "Be true to yourself and your and your marriage"

Rest all should fall in place - not necessary that things will fall in place in everyone's liking. Life is too short, enjoy the present moments of precious life.

Let us be honest with each other. Question is how many girls/boys have done this for the last 10 years? I shall give you my example. I got into a relationship with someone whose family I do not completely know. After six months talking to eachother I went to India to see her and her family. I had people said bad things about the girl, say bad things about their family and etc.. Because this was against my family's will they had people take pictures of me with her in Amritsar. Then they passed on the pictures and the video to the sarpanch of her village. My family and the sarpanch have tried to disconnect me from her. When I was to go to India I was threatened that I will get beaten up or be killed, or arrested my the Punjab Police and etc. After a week I came back safe and sound. I feel that Guru Jee was holding my finger, Guru Jee went to India with me and safely brought me back. I feel that no person is responsible for my connection with her. Only Guru Jee has found this relationship. Because of all the fears the family of the girl wants me to have a court marriage instead of a Anand Karj. I said to myself sometimes God gives you a challange and if you want something you will go with Guru Jee Guidance. I am confindent that I will have an Anand Karaj. How I asked mysefl? I am only one they are many. So I came up with a plan that to me will work on my side but it will take time. I am hoping I will be married this winter so She can joing me within six months. Her Family having so many difficulties they are looking out for my safety. I don't know how the law works in India. In her family there is only her, her mother who is not so well and she has a 6 year old half sister. We are going to adopt her and raise her in the foreign land. This is was something that came to my mind when I started to know the person. Even now I am being given threatened by my friends, no so much family because they gave up. But I said to myself when I go agin Guru Jee will be with me to protect me.

wjkk wjkf,

well u shouldn't reacj at any conclusion, could be becoz she is not settled well here, or its not what she expected to be like..i mean, there's a craze of foreign countries in punjab but when they see it themselves they dont like it, it takes a while for them to settle here....the basic thing as everybody said, talk to her.

wjkk wjkf

Its our parents, I think (certainly in the case of males). Some of our folks still think they'll get an obedient bahoo from Panjab who'll not only look after their son, but also do seva of her in-laws too. So they flock to India to find not only a wife for their son but a carer for themselves in their old age. I could be wrong but that's how it was a few years back.

Well obviously those parents don't have daughters born in the UK, as there all wrong un's,disobedient and have no family values. However the ones who do think like that well it's a given they have a one in a million daughter who is a very good obiedent, caring, family orientated girl.

I'm not saying you think like this but those parents who do are not very clued up about Punjab as it's not like the 50's/60's anymore. It don't matter where your born it's the person you are.