another lame kirpan argument

atl singh

when i was at high school i took amrit and obviously had to wear my kard to school, but no one ever knew i carried it apart from a few close friends, one singh got caught and the school made him weld the blade into the mian so it couldnt be retracted, so the singh wore that over his shirt but had another kard underneath lol

u must learn how to adapt to every situation, although you should respect the law of the land you must also stay within your own rehit, when you wear a gatra the kirpan has a tendency to move about too much, and you will see it under your clothes, but if u wear a kamarkas and keep ur shastars in there no one will ever know, u can keep a shastar in ur dumala/dastar too

a kirpan/kard is for your own rakshah and other peoples, if its on ur necklace it isnt really going to help anyone, ull probably have to take the necklace off first and its still too small and butter knifes are sharper then it, next we will have people sewing lil tiny kachere onto their necklaces no.gif

if all else fails, move to the uk, the police and everyone here is more then happy to allow sikhs to wear their kirpans :TH:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think of it like this (not sure you'll take a moonas opinion), but....

there are 5 kakaars, not 4. moghuls hunted sikhs because of ther identity. now with the 21st century, sikhs are still hounded. in france, germany, belgium, india, certain states in the US.

but just ask yourself this (or answer my question) ...

chaatrik ji, of those who went throught the unspeakable sufferings of being dismembered alive, scalped alive, broken on wheels, sawed alive. but never wavered in their faith and remained steadfast to the cause of sikhism to the last hair of their body and to their last breath. of how many gave up their sikhi just to be accepted in society?

in the same thing applies to your case now. the kirpaan case. guru ji said, if your going to be a khalsa ji (and i am sure we all will, even me, yes its shocking because i dont look like a khalsa ji right now), anyway guru ji said there were 5 kakaars.

a khalsa ji with no kirpaan is like a sheep without its wool, a lion without his roar.

a child thinks of his toys pehla than his studies (well how many of thought of your studies pehla when your playstation, or pc was in front of you?). in the same way, we think our life/possesions will last forever. but do you think of the consequences of when we die and what maharaj will do to us pehla.

guru ji said keep rehat (and for those who are going to take amrit and those who are amritdhari, make a good job in keeping maharaj proud).

as a khalsa ji yourself, do you think guru ji would be happy that someone would leave his/her kirpaan at home. when others rather died pehla?

what should you do?

Ardas that everything is ok in futu

re.

or simply move to another country. the singhs of toronto, leicester, southall, vancouver, they'll welcome you. and so will their laws, but of course, its time consuming moving everything to one place, then looking for a house. but you'll pull through. whatever the outcome.

bhol chukke muaff

Guest mehtab
think of it like this (not sure you'll take a moonas opinion), but....

there are 5 kakaars, not 4. moghuls hunted sikhs because of ther identity. now with the 21st century, sikhs are still hounded. in france, germany, belgium, india, certain states in the US.

but just ask yourself this (or answer my question) ...

chaatrik ji, of those who went throught the unspeakable sufferings of being dismembered alive, scalped alive, broken on wheels, sawed alive. but never wavered in their faith and remained steadfast to the cause of sikhism to the last hair of their body and to their last breath. of how many gave up their sikhi just to be accepted in society?

in the same thing applies to your case now. the kirpaan case. guru ji said, if your going to be a khalsa ji (and i am sure we all will, even me, yes its shocking because i dont look like a khalsa ji right now), anyway guru ji said there were 5 kakaars.

a khalsa ji with no kirpaan is like a sheep without its wool, a lion without his roar.

a child thinks of his toys pehla than his studies (well how many of thought of your studies pehla when your playstation, or pc was in front of you?). in the same way, we think our life/possesions will last forever. but do you think of the consequences of when we die and what maharaj will do to us pehla.

guru ji said keep rehat (and for those who are going to take amrit and those who are amritdhari, make a good job in keeping m

aharaj proud).

as a khalsa ji yourself, do you think guru ji would be happy that someone would leave his/her kirpaan at home. when others rather died pehla?

what should you do?

Ardas that everything is ok in future.

or simply move to another country. the singhs of toronto, leicester, southall, vancouver, they'll welcome you. and so will their laws, but of course, its time consuming moving everything to one place, then looking for a house. but you'll pull through. whatever the outcome.

bhol chukke muaff

Nice post! And when are you gonna start keeping the rehit?

all in good time ji, when maharaj da hukam is i keep rehat and become a khalsa ji.

remember, taking amrit is a big thing. its not something that you can say in a second. some are brave enough to take khand ki phaul, others like myself just dont have the courage. koi na, maharaj will tell me (and he will tell me when i finally decide to become a khalsa ji).

remember, taking amrit is not just giving up meat and drink etc, nor is just saying a bit of satnam waheguru and the mool mantra each day. it requires more than that.

point is, if your a khalsa ji, follow rehat 110%. dont get up 10am and do no paath if your a khalsa ji. get up when maharaj told you to get up, amritvela.

because out of those who took khande ki phaul, how many gave it up to live in society during the moghul times?

when mohuls put bans on sikhs, did they renounce amrit, did they leave their kirpaans at home and walk around the streets of india, unable to defend themselves if the worst came to worst?

ok, i am editing this post in a response done by singh. what i meant was, sikhs were being hunted becuase they were a threat to islam. ok me and you know thats false, guru ji said respect all faiths. but try telling it to some moghul at the time. but just so they were not hounded, did singhs and singhanis renounce amrit?

well, did they?

bhol chukke

muaff

when mohuls put bans on sikhs, did they renounce amrit, did they leave their kirpaans at home and walk around the streets of india, unable to defend themselves if the worst came to worst?
Carrying kirpan during that time was common and everybody carried it.. There wasn't ban on kirpan at that time and that ERA can't be compare with present time...

On this thread, i would say.. Use the logic, study the situation, think about the possible outcomes and then decide. Parents do not have fault in this.. All they are trying to do is to protect their kids and im pretty much sure in future we will act like them too. So it's definately not their fault.. Agree with them and work out the situation..

how would u use it in any type of situation as in techniques...??? 

KKaur pahenjee.. Welcome to the forum welcomeani.gif

I also do not know how to use the kirpan in the situation where i need it.. but im pretty much sure that i will use it in free desi style.. hoping it will work :wub:

all in good time ji, when maharaj da hukam is i keep rehat and become a khalsa ji.

remember, taking amrit is a big thing. its not something that you can say in a second. some are brave enough to take khand ki phaul, others like myself just dont have the courage. koi na, maharaj will tell me (and he will tell me when i finally decide to become a khalsa ji).

remember, taking amrit is not just giving up meat and drink etc, nor is just saying a bit of satnam waheguru and the mool mantra each day. it requires more than that.

point is, if your a khalsa ji, follow rehat 110%. dont get up 10am and do no paath if your a khalsa ji. get up when maharaj told you to get up, amritvela.

because out of those who took khande ki phaul, how many gave it up to live in society during the moghul times?

ok, i am editing this post in a response done by singh. what i meant was, sikhs were being hunted becuase they were a threat

to islam. ok me and you know thats false, guru ji said respect all faiths. but try telling it to some moghul at the time. but just so they were not hounded, did singhs and singhanis renounce amrit?

well, did they?

bhol chukke muaff

Bhaio Sahib - you siad 'jado hukam hove ga'

Hukam ta HEGA E

Guru ji's HUKAm is THERE, is jus about following it - HUkam is no excuse - it's UDHAM, we have to get up of our bums and work on it and do ardaas!

okay now I feel like a hypocrite as I can't even wake up Amritvela :wub:

Point being - HUKAM is there, e can not sayu theres not a hukam!

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

'jado hukam hove ga'
basically yes, but when maharaj does that hukam on me. hes done it on you guys. i guess i am waiting.
Guru ji's HUKAm is THERE, is jus about following it

depending on my karam, i will do, one day.

mr singh, surly you know that what we do is under maharaj ka hukam. you eat because maharaj has done a hukam for you to eat. remember, we dont do anything by ourselves. what can we possibly do by ourselves?

theres a hukam. but as i say it depends on ones karam. one follows hukam quicker than others, simply because of karam.

'jado hukam hove ga'

basically yes, but when maharaj does that hukam on me. hes done it on you guys. i guess i am waiting.

Guru ji's HUKAm is THERE, is jus about following it
depending on my karam, i will do, one day.

mr singh, surly you know that what we do is under maharaj ka hukam. you eat because maharaj has done a hukam for you to eat. remember, we dont do anything by ourselves. what can we possibly do by ourselves?

theres a hukam. but as i say it depends on ones karam. one follows hukam quicker than others, simply because of karam.

nahi veer ji.

The food is there out of Sancham karm - good karms from previous lives - it's UDHAM Karm that's going to get u to eat the food.

You won't say 'whne Guru does HUkam I will eat' or 'When Guru Gives Hukam I will study'

It's about UDHAM

KARM, when we get our bum of the chair and WORK on it.

Alexander the Great made UDHAm karm to find Amrit - he wanted to become immortal, his SANCHAM KARM - previous live's karm didn't allow him to find it!

you and I' have sancham karm -. it' about Udham now - it's about us doing Ardaas to Guru to give us Udham, adn try our ebst on keeping rehit.

personally I tihnk it's a pathetic excuse to say 'jado hukam hovega'

the Hukam is already there brother! it's about doign UDHAM and doign ardaas and working for it :wub:

oh btw I got that from '16 days with Baba Maan Singh ji' :D (abut Sancham and Udham Karm)

bhull chukk maaf

please forgive me if I have said anything offensive or against Gurmat

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

point is, my udham karm is saying dont because i dont feel like it. i even had a dream someone told me to wait, not ready.

out of pyaar does this happen. besides, no-one wants to be something they dont want to be. put it this way jio, i just dont want to take amrit.

i will take amrit (hopefully), but just not yet.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

In response to KKaur's question I would have to say that if you live in Toronto then you could go to dixie gurdwara where they teach a girls gatka/ self defense class, i've been and they have taught us how to do some knife work( self defense). Its a really good class, it takes place every sunday at 6:00pm- 8:00pm. If not i'm sure if you joined a gatka class in your local area or took any self- defense classes they could be of great help.