Niddar Singh Nihang Is A..

Astral

Akali Phula Singh ji left Maharaja Ranjit Singh ji because the dogras clouded this King's mind.

opposition to Maharaja Ranjit Singh came because Akalis favoured traditional battle tactics, whereas Maharaja wanted a variety of tactics. I have never heard of Akali ji leaving Maharaja Ranjit Singh though, where have you heard this?

Keeping in mind that Akali ji died in battle in NWFP fighting against Maharaja's enemies, do you think it may be true or false?

Sikhs had given a bloody nose to British army in anglo sikh wars. Their heroism was unparalleled.

British acknowledged that and Major Cuunigham resigned from British services

to write sikh history.

It was buying out of treacherous non-sikh generals that turned sikh victory into

defeat. Shah Mohameed writes

Shah Mohamedda ik sarkar bajon

Faujan jit ke ant nu hariyan ne

Sihah Mohammedd says without Ranjit Singh

Sikh army's victory was converted into defeat.

And do not forget that whole brit army unit that invaded afghanistan was wiped out by

afghans. Only one doctor came back alive to tell that all are dead.

http://www.newworlde.../British_Empire

The First Anglo-Afghan War led to one of the most disastrous defeats of the Victorian military, when an entire British army was wiped out by Russian-supplied Afghan Pashtun tribesmen during the 1842 retreat from Kabul

Brother like i mentioned before...the pathans on their home turf are formidable and impossible to beat...the terrain and secret hideouts and hidden trails within the mountain ranges allows the pathans to outmonouver their enemies even if they are outgunned and out numbered....on open flat land..the british would of slaughtered the pathans...on open flat land the khalsa fauj absolutely slaughtered the pathans..but we never trekked passed the khyber pass into afghanistan..because a desolute barren wasteland is not worth loosing countless soldiers over....

That is interesting, i read somewhere that the american governor who was serving under sarkar-e-khalsa refused to help the Sikh troops against the rebels of the hazara, instead he said he would only take orders from the British agent abbott. And as everyone knows now that town abottabad was where bin laden was found and was named after james abbott. These foreigners in the army of the Khalsa eventually betrayed the Sikh government when the first anglo-sikh war broke out they either fled back to Europe or switched sides to help the British. The British administation used the same tactics of divide and conquer that worked so well in other parts of their empire. Even to this day they adopt this strategy in conflicts they enter into. First create the strife between various groups then go in.

Not entirely true. In Amarpal Singh Sidhu's book on the First Anglo Sikh War he says that many European, mostly French, died at the Battle of Ferozeshah. When the traitorous generals ordered the army to evacuate the camp even though the British had been beaten back, a couple of hundred Sikhs and European diehards stayed behind to fight over 25000 British Indian troops.

Not entirely true. In Amarpal Singh Sidhu's book on the First Anglo Sikh War he says that many European, mostly French, died at the Battle of Ferozeshah. When the traitorous generals ordered the army to evacuate the camp even though the British had been beaten back, a couple of hundred Sikhs and European diehards stayed behind to fight over 25000 British Indian troops.

Yeah no doubt some europeans sided with the sikhs and died side by side...mostly because of their anti british views..especially the french who hate and detest the british more than anyone else in the world..it is understandable and very believable to think the french fought bravely in the anglosikh wars and died fighting british imperialism

Indeed the French generals did serve the Sikh empire bravely and loyally though some fled back to Europe after the first anglo-sikh war having married local punjabi women and taking their offsping back.

FLAG_Sikh_Empire.gif

The French red, white and blue tricolour even served as the flag of the Sikh empire I believe.

Indeed the French generals did serve the Sikh empire bravely and loyally though some fled back to Europe after the first anglo-sikh war having married local punjabi women and taking their offsping back. The French red, white and blue tricolour even served as the flag of the Sikh empire I believe.

sorry brother they married kashmiri women lol..not punjabi.....it was their preference because of their fair beauatiful looks....which is usually attributed to mountanious women :D sorry had to pull you up on that ...and also they didnt take their offspring and native women back with them...you see they had two families...the first the family they left behind in europe..and the second the families they had in their region of employment...when they left the punjab after it was conquered..they returned to the families they left behind in europe...ive got a few sources of this..i will try and pull them out..if i find them

sorry brother they married kashmiri women lol..not punjabi.....it was their preference because of their fair beauatiful looks....which is usually attributed to mountanious women :D sorry had to pull you up on that ...and also they didnt take their offspring and native women back with them...you see they had two families...the first the family they left behind in europe..and the second the families they had in their region of employment...when they left the punjab after it was conquered..they returned to the families they left behind in europe...ive got a few sources of this..i will try and pull them out..if i find them

Your wrong there brother, The French general Claude Auguste Court After Maharaja Sher Singh's assassination in September 1843, he fled to Ferozpur, in British territory, and, ultimately securing his discharge from the Sikh army, proceeded with his Punjabi wife and the children to France in 1844. He purchased an estate in the countryside and a residence in the city of Paris where he lived until his death in 1880

Indeed the French generals did serve the Sikh empire bravely and loyally though some fled back to Europe after the first anglo-sikh war having married local punjabi women and taking their offsping back.

FLAG_Sikh_Empire.gif

The French red, white and blue tricolour even served as the flag of the Sikh empire I believe.

I dont think we went as far as adopting the Tricolore lol! Bare in mind that this flag was a symbol of Republicanism so it is unlikely that any Monarchy would adopt it. I think it was the Gurkha Regiment in the Fauj-i-Khas (elite royal division) that were the ones who used the Tricolore as they also said all commands in French and wore European style hats due to their commanding officer holding a Lt Colonel rank in Napoleon's Army so he wanted to relive old memories presumably!

As for the Gurkhas, how many of you have heard of Balbhadra Kunwar ?

I dont think we went as far as adopting the Tricolore lol! Bare in mind that this flag was a symbol of Republicanism so it is unlikely that any Monarchy would adopt it. I think it was the Gurkha Regiment in the Fauj-i-Khas (elite royal division) that were the ones who used the Tricolore as they also said all commands in French and wore European style hats due to their commanding officer holding a Lt Colonel rank in Napoleon's Army so he wanted to relive old memories presumably!

As for the Gurkhas, how many of you have heard of Balbhadra Kunwar ?

I have little knowledge on Gurka regiment of the Sikh army, can you shed some light on their contribution and this kunwar guy?

Ajj kal deh Nihangs aint Sikh - true SIKHS are Singhs like Satwant Singh Beant Singh Jinda Sukha Dilavar Singh - these nihangs are just Hindus in my view

Southall Youth, you have picked the best of the best in your pick of Sikhs. However, I think it's unfair to compare the Sikh Nihangs to Hindus who dresses like Sikhs, like the Hindu Niddar dresses like a Sikh. Come on, that's not fair on the Sikh Nihangs.

It's probably like the opening poster, Astral says, there were probably some cults set up here and there where some chaps tried to set up their own Hindu/Durga religion but thought would it would be nice to bring the Sikh Uniform into their Hindu religious sect, that's all Niddar has done. Many people dress differently to the religion they believe in, like Niddar. Niddar is a Hindu who choses to dress like a Sikh, it's a free country!

If a window cleaner wore a Doctors Uniform, you wouldn't recognise him as a Doctor would you? To be honest I feel a bit sorry for Niddar. I just wish he wouldn't dress like a Sikh while living the life of a Hindu. It's unfair on Sikhs and Hindus! I'm sure it's not just the SIkhs that are hurt by Niddar's disrepect for the Sikh Bana, I think some Hindus must find his approach disturbing too .