What Made Sikhs Such Great Soldiers

yubacitysingh

basicully why don't sikhs have the same heart same motivation same hunger same drive they did 200 years ago

imagine if sikhs had that drive again when it comes to sports buisness army sikhs would take over

I'd say the "taming" of men and the emergence of order and civilised society has a lot to contribute to this particular issue. In this day and age, men are almost made to feel ashamed of their masculinity as if its something that should be bred out of us. I guess its done to ensure that there aren't any strong men to challenge the status quo and oppose the frankly horrific direction mankind is heading towards.

most people here live in england canada america those are our country's, it has nothing to do about not having a country

Those arent Sikh countries are they though? Or ruled by Sikhs? Or governed by Sikh principles?

It may have been experimented but it certainly was not the norm even back then. When the Brits took over, they had originally wanted to introduce helmets to the newly formed Sikh regiments which the Sikh soldiers did not approve of so the proposal was dropped. Sikh soldiers were the only soldiers of the British army who were exempt from wearing helmets. As you can see from the existing helmets from the time of Ranjit Singh's army, those helmets have extravagant designs with gold which shows it's original owner must have been an aristocrat Sirdar. The size of those helmets also shows that they were made in such a way so as to fit right on top of the head. The Dastar was tied around not surprisingly because a dastar would have reinforced the helmet with added protection. This picture shows Hari Singh Nalwa wearing a helmet with a turban tied around it http://www.esikhs.co...gh_nalwa_13.jpg I don't know how old this picture is but I am showing it to show you (roughly) what I mean.

The Cuirassier regiment consisted of about 700 men and they all wore helmets. They were heavy cavalry so they had to wear full armour to protect them in the gritty fighting that they were accustomed too. The Osprey book on the Sikh Army has a very good image of a Khalsa Cuirassier, unforunately I cant find an image online.

basicully why don't sikhs have the same heart same motivation same hunger same drive they did 200 years ago

imagine if sikhs had that drive again when it comes to sports buisness army sikhs would take over

Well I am reading this thread and I don't get your point properly.Sikhs do have motivation to move up and make money that's why we see The biggest craze of going outside India in Punjab.Sikhs all over the world have lot of wealth .The only factor is these days sikhs keep their religion on backburner which they didn't do 200 years ago.

As far sports and army are concerned I agree sikhs don't have spark because sports is very risky ,chance of success is very low

and army is not a well paid job

In today's post anglocolonial world, money speaks. Money and resources is power. Sikhs know that so they try to skew their own lives to achieve something of a 'victory'. 200 years ago we were a nation with a state and all the culture and practices that go with it. Like the English/Germans/Japanese/Turks/Yanks are today. But we are not anymore. Go figure.

Well I am reading this thread and I don't get your point properly.Sikhs do have motivation to move up and make money that's why we see The biggest craze of going outside India in Punjab.Sikhs all over the world have lot of wealth .The only factor is these days sikhs keep their religion on backburner which they didn't do 200 years ago.

As far sports and army are concerned I agree sikhs don't have spark because sports is very risky ,chance of success is very low

and army is not a well paid job

to make it clearn

why dont sikhs have the motivation and drive they did 200 years ago

sikhs are extremely successfull economically but generation after generation were losing that motivation, look at punjab and the drug problem their while rest of india is pushing to become superpower

why don't sikhs have the same fire in them and why after each generation are they losing it

uk sikhs get bullied by pakis

america sikhs get bulled after 9/11

sikhs in athletics struggle and its not cause of the risk cause you can do well in school and athletics its all about motivation, but instead sikhs make excuses like its to risky stick to academics which proves their losing that fire

sikhs would run through walls to get what they want, today sikhs are losing that and have bin for couple generations

main reason - lack of faith in SGGS and Gurbani - -therefore failure in everything the sikhs do...and also

"jab eh gehee bipran kee reet taa ma na karoo en ke purteet"

Gurbani abyasss and naam abyaaass are the key ladies and gentlemen - period! - heck that as the reason why were what we were- due to so much faith in SGGS

Those arent Sikh countries are they though? Or ruled by Sikhs? Or governed by Sikh principles?

The Cuirassier regiment consisted of about 700 men and they all wore helmets. They were heavy cavalry so they had to wear full armour to protect them in the gritty fighting that they were accustomed too. The Osprey book on the Sikh Army has a very good image of a Khalsa Cuirassier, unforunately I cant find an image online.

those country's are sikh country's and many others countrys, uk canada america are home to sikhs and others hence it is our country along with others

these are country's that provide sikhs freedom and opportunity's

those country's are sikh country's and many others countrys, uk canada america are home to sikhs and others hence it is our country along with others

these are country's that provide sikhs freedom and opportunity's

Not quite the same as it was 200 years ago though is it?

????

wht do you mean

A Punjabi country with Sikh rulers and a Sikh military, where Sikhi has mixed with the Punjabi culture back then is a lot different to how Sikhs exist in the West today.

If you have your own country you can act how you want as a community. Exist in someone else's country and you have to tow the line. Sikhs fought hard as they had allegiance to our Guru Jis and the Khalsa. Nowadays the Khalsa has no political, economic, military or social goals. So you cant expect Sikhs to act the same as they once were if they are in a completely different set of circumstances.