What Are The Obstacles That Stand In The Way Of Khalistan

yubacitysingh

The fact that 90% of Sikhs dont even want or agree with khalistan at this moment in time is the biggest obstacle.

To accomplish Khalistan it will take at least a hundred years and the Sikh community will have to start virtually from scratch. We can expect to have to work for it ourselves as nonone will stick their neck out and hand it to us.

Sikhs will firstly have to stop publically declaring that they want Khalistan, as it will be too obvious and the anti-Khalistan forces will continue to undermine it as they have been doing for the past 30 years.

Sikhs will need to become more powerful, in every sense. Firstly, parchaar, in order to increase the number of practicing Sikhs worldwide and within the state to build up the numerical support and mass behind it. Secondly, the formation of more Sikh institutions that are cash rich. Institutions include, schools, hospitals, law firms etc.. all of which will make up the task force for implementing a panthic agenda.

Sikhs will have to form some kind of unified umberella body that encourages cooperation between all jathebandian and organisations on issues of common interest for the panth. Divisions and different points of view within the community are fine, however, the panth must be united against external threats and on issues that affect the whole panth, rather than individuals or certain bodies.

Only alot of political campaigning worldwide, and especially in the cities and villages of Punjab, will serve to awaken interest amongst the population. Khalistan can only happen if there is strong support for it amongst the Sikhs in Punjab, and that can only happen if they can see the benefit of it and how it may improve their day to day life and experience.

I would go a step further and suggest that Khalistan must appeal to the non-Sikhs in Punjab as well, because without their support, efforts will be sabotaged. They must feel involved in the process and feel that they are benefiting and gaining from it. Perhaps the word 'Khalistan' now also needs to be changed. Unfortunately, the brand name Khalistan is now purely associated with extremism, religious bigotry and terrorism far more than it is associated with freedom, liberation, tolerance and democracy. Hence it is an old-fashioned word which has had is day, and now a new name must be found. Perhaps one which has less religious connotations, and is below the radar, so to speak.

I believe that Khalistan can only become a reality if a political party representing Sikhs campaigning for self-rule pushes hard for it. I do not believe that Sikhs should entrust a Sant or religious leader with this responsibility. Certainly a militant leader, would be disastrous for the Sikhs in this day and age. Sikhs are not strong enough to fight and capture Punjab through military means, and I cannot imagine this ever being the case. Any kind of violent conflict, guerilla war etc would result in the entire community getting hammered and setting us back another 50 years. We must not fall into that trap again, despite the provocation that we face, as it will not bode well for us.

Sikhs must also get better at persuading other nations, including India, why Khalistan would be a good idea and would benefit them. For example as a buffer state against Pakistan/Afghanistan, or something similar to this. The wider global community needs to feel safer and agreeable to the creation of a new state, in that it will bring more stablility to the region/curb terrorism/or even provide an opportunity for foreign business interests to take root in there etc.

Finally, the creation of Sikh raj, might happen purely through opportunism. The day might come, when India, Pakistan, China, and other great world superpowers crumble away just like the great Mughal Raj and Soviet Union crumbled away. In that event, Sikhs may be able to take advantage of their weakened state, just like we did in the 17th Century. However, that involves preparing in the above mentioned ways so that we are ready as a community to make the most of that opportunity when it arrives, rather than being slow off the mark.

In summary, I believe that Sikhs should make themselves stronger spiritually, politically, financially, militarily. However, they should do this under the rader and not make it too obvious that Sikhs are preparing to set up a new state. Sikhs need to raise awareness amongst the population and be able to convince Sikhs, non-Sikhs and other nations that it is a great and beneficial idea. Sikhs should be patient, non-violent and peaceful, and prepare themselves for a great opportunity when their neighbours are in a weakened state and then grasp it with both hands and establish Khalsa Raj.

gurufateh g i dont think Khalsataan is that difficult Sikhs need one thing and that is the Guru

that is the main problem

nothing has changed since the times of Guru Arjun Dev ji

punjab has never had a shortage of sants and yogis and babas so y did the gov saheeded Guru Arjun Dev Ji?

the reason for this is that they were threated because Guru Sahib spoke the truth and made people fearless of death and defreders of dharam

the gov was afraid of Gurbani because truth is like the sun

everyone loves the sun because it shows people whats goin on but chor (theives) dont like the sun because it makes their crimes visable

the same way Gurbani is a sun

it makes people transcend life and death and has every shakti

Guru Nanak Dev Jis jot , the true form of the Guru is Gurbani and when a person merges with the shabad they become the image of the Guru

nanak gur te gur hoia

mahraj sed khalsa is the bani gurbani is the soul and when the body merges with the soul banda rabbi roop ho janda

gurbani in the kaljug has the power with the beautiful messege to kill ones mind and make it dig inside so the soul which is Gods form comes out

so the dehli government has the same problem today that they had duuring guru sahibs time

they are scared of the messege of bani so

the soulution

fake babay

fight over small things

make people treat guru sahib as a murti

bring mindless rituals and bharam in the kaum

and get the god centered minds trapped in the fold of maya

think about it God holds everything in his hand

guru gobind singh would say guru bees biswai sangat ikees biswai

if i count for 20 my sangat counts for 21

but remember the sangat is gursagat so with out the guru if guru is worth 20 n sangat 21 than 21-20 is just one

so we need our guru nothing else at all

sikhs have ripped out the roots of the julam sarkar b4 and we can do it again we just need to be sikhs

but what are we

our bibia are doing eyebrows wearing earings and slandering the daughters of others

while our men are stuck in ego

our thinking is mine mine mine

intead of panth panth panth

ppl ask y youth r straying from sikhi

maybe if they were shown love instead of ego n we r better thn u attitude

maybe if they were understood n shown the path instead of made fun of by elders who want to see another prsns kid fail

maybe if we considered the panth our family ....... may b than if we can merge with the guru and our hearts can become vishaal again .........that is when khalastan will b easier than taking candy from a baby

At least Pedrorizzo knows what he's on about.

Everyone else just trots out the same old lines about how great Khalistan will be without actually having the sense to figure out how to do it.

I agree 100%...Khalistan zindabad cries only do so much..their needs to be more thought and planning on how we are going to achieve raj..

Pedrorizo...how does the Republic of Punjab sound?...a united pakistan punjab and india punjab including haryana and himachal pradesh...even though sikhs will be a large minority in this state...i feel punjabis..be they muslims, christians etc are alot more sympathetic and friendly towards sikhs than non punjabis are within the sub continent...the sikhs will be strong and secure in a united punjab...and it will be a vast imrpovement over in comparison to our current situation..

I agree 100%...Khalistan zindabad cries only do so much..their needs to be more thought and planning on how we are going to achieve raj..

Pedrorizo...how does the Republic of Punjab sound?...a united pakistan punjab and india punjab including haryana and himachal pradesh...even though sikhs will be a large minority in this state...i feel punjabis..be they muslims, christians etc are alot more sympathetic and friendly towards sikhs than non punjabis are within the sub continent...the sikhs will be strong and secure in a united punjab...and it will be a vast imrpovement over in comparison to our current situation..

Yeh its definitely a possiblity. However, you have to bare in mind that Muslims in particular are very proud of Pakistan and wont let it go easily. The key would be to find ways to split them away from the rest of the Pakistanis. This might be difficult in the present day but you never know what might happen in the future. After all, Pakistan is a fragile state at the moment. There are also regional rivalries.. eg the punjabis dont like the pathans, pathans dont like punjabis, kashmiris dont get on with the Scindis etc, so these rivalries could all be open to exploitation.

Within Punjab at the moment, the biggest obstacle is posed by the Punjabi Hindus. They have a natural affiliation towards Hindustan and wont let that go easily. They showed their loyalties during the Punjabi suba struggle when large populations of them declared their language as Hindi over Punjabi, resulting in the formation of Haryana and HP.

Despite the above, as you have mentioned, a multi-religious Punjab is a good, viable and sensible option and more realistic than the formation of a separate Sikh state.

i believe BE DO HAVE

Sikhs have to be the people they need to be to have khalistan, sikhs need to be saint soldiers

so we dowhat is needed to have khalistan being saint soldiers they will inspire sikhs to come together and others to support also they will be able to run a gurdwara which sikhs are horrible at doing today

well have khalistan

sikhs need to inspire youth in punjab away from drugs and inspire sikhs to drop their egos and come together with a common cause

We've just seen what the biggest obstacle to the creation of Khalistan is, when even those whose support Khalistan are willing to water down the ideal into an 'Punjabi' state instead of a Sikh state. So where does Khalsa Raj come into this 'Punjabi' state? Or are you also going to go the way that liberal Sikhs go and state that Khalsa just means the 'pure' and even Hindus and Muslims can be called Khalsa if they are good people!

When people who support a cause are willing to move away from the ideal and consider other ideas then that cause is already dead. It's funny how some Sikhs are so willing to forget the lessons of history and think that Punjabi Muslims will act better than they have acted throughout their history and be sympathetic to a Sikh state. Have you forgotten what happened in 1947? How they attacked and massacred Sikhs without any provocation.

Khalistan was envisaged as a state where the Sikhs would be free to practice their religion and their properties and lives would be secure, just as the same is true for Muslims in Pakistan and Hindus in India.

I suggest that those who write about a fanciful 'Punjabi' state consider how committed they really are to the Sikh cause.

Religous countries fail. Proven time and time again. Do any of you know any Sikhs who actually lived under Kharkoo rule in the 80s? Why not ask them how they felt then.

If Sikhs want a Sikh country then Brazil is offering land to oppressed minorities. If however you believe that Punjab is the Sikh homeland and therefore want to create a modern version of Maharajah Ranjit Singh's Punjabi Empire then Khalistan is the only option.

Having said that, Khalistan has an image problem. Most xtians, hindus and muslims wont want to live in a country run by Sikhs. We have to make the point that the country will have no caste, sex discrimination, strong social justice and opportunity and not be about banning razors or praying all the time. The image of Khalistan, Free Punjab, Independant Punjab, East Punjab Republic or whatever you want to call it needs to reflect the kind of country we want, not what our enemies think our country will be like.