For First Time : Sikh Superhero Graphic Novel

Anhad, as the name implies, is a Superhero who has come to Earth to eradicate evil by all possible means, with the teachings of the Holy Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He was found in a village Kotli an imaginative place. Growing up to be tall and handsome, young Anhad becomes a fantastically gifted master of the Sikh martial art of Gatka, which he learned from his Father Amrik Singh. Our hero's life story then takes many turns as Anhad struggles through tragic incidents, tough times and tests, until one day when 17 year old Anhad becomes a Superhero.

Book%2Bcover.jpg

Visit http://www.anhadthesuperhero.blogspot.com to know the the "REASON" behind this book!!

Author -Akashdeep S Batth

Illustrator -Ranjeet Singh Rana

Foreword by -Prof. Rohit Chatrath

Stay tuned for more updates!!

© 2011 by Akashdeep S.Batth. All rights reserved.

• Like 2
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure I won't be the only one thinking this but Anhad Ji needs a beard. It would be really cool if he develops and grows older and in later issues grows his beard. That would be cool.

We are nothing sir, our guru, Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji is all superior, Anhad is a true follower of Guru maharaj, its not that people bow down their head infront of him as per story, Rest sir I think

WGKK WGKF, Veerji its just the title of the book, it is Anhad Singh s/o Amrik Singh as per the story.

Great uprala brother wish you all the success. May I suggest that you also start making comics on Sikh history. We have so many great Sikh warriors in our history that they were no less then super heroes. That is what amar chitra katha comics did.

• Like 1

I'm sure I won't be the only one thinking this but Anhad Ji needs a beard. It would be really cool if he develops and grows older and in later issues grows his beard. That would be cool.

WGKK WGKF,

Ofcourse veerji, no doubt he will have beard in the sequel to this. In this part Anhad is 17 yrs so being a cartoon character the beard made him mature,,, but in the next part he will be having beard for sure.

WGKK WGKF,

Veerji its just the title of the book, it is Anhad Singh s/o Amrik Singh as per the story.

Ignore some of the responses here or at the very least don't mind them completely. There's a reason some people are in quality control. :)

WGKK WGKF,

Ofcourse veerji, no doubt he will have beard in the sequel to this. In this part Anhad is 17 yrs so being a cartoon character the beard made him mature,,, but in the next part he will be having beard for sure.

Brilliant news. I really wish you luck with this.

You must appreciate my original point though. I'm sure someone else would've pointed it out but in less....softer terms.

It would be great if the growing of the beard came with some kind of personal realisation / internal character growth so that it actually means something to the titular character. In my humble opinion this would give the character of Anhad a lot more depth.

Like I said good luck with it all.

Finally Anhad got released today at Punjab Press Club, Jallandhar. I was really very exhausted by the rapid fire questions :D

:)

From left to right: S. Amandeep Singh Basra, S.Satpal Singh Basra, Prof. Rohit chatrath, Akashdeep S Batth, S. Rajdeep singh Basra.

— at Punjab Press Club, Jallandhar, India.

Visit http://anhadthesuperhero.blogspot.com/p/book-is-released-officially.html for more info.

Sikhs are not superheroes, gurbani narrates that we cannot do anything at all, and that God is the only doer. Guru Nanak Dev Ji calls himself the lowest of the low and refers to himself as lowly animals, as a slave etc.

All we can ever be are slaves to Truth, to God. Nothing belongs to us, no power, no nothing- for we are Nothing. I know you wrote that your book is not intended to be a work of religious fiction, however the protagonist is wearing a pagh and is named Anhad...

Kudos for trying to kill the sardar jokes though... And sorry for being such a killjoy! lol