Grooming Program Cancelled!

Waheguru ji,

My deepest sorrow goes out to the brave family that put themselves through this ordeal again and recorded their story for the knowledge of the Sikh Community (and wider if it was subtitled or in English). The pain of having to be interviewed for a second time and relive the horror after a police investigation must have been very traumatic when they realized that the programme would now not be aired especially when it had been so widely advertised - This is a warning to all these Mickey Mouse outfits that make money out of religion by fooling the Sadh Sangat you will pay for it dearly at Waheguru's court.

I fully support Sikh Awareness Society the continuing Seva by following Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Nanak dev ji sahib ji maharaj message.

Gurfateh jio

The work of SAS is great.

This was looking to be the biggest program of the year.

ALL organisations/jatheh/groups/schools of thoughts were pumping the prog.

We would of had more viewers then BIG BROTHER LIVE!!

Sangat Tv, you really flopped it this time.

In my view Sangat Trust are a bunch of old prabhandaks who don't really have any vision, they just survive each day as it comes.

Sikh Channel might be controlled by one man but you've got a better chance of relevant current issues being discussed on that platform coupled with a higher quality of broadcast. I personally think Mohan Singh skills have been wasted on Sangat TV and the Sangat TVs poor broadcasts never gave justice to SAS issues.

The Sikh Community need to see these kinds of shows and I believe it would get better exposure on Sikh Channel rather than Sangat TV. Just my view and before I get the accusation, I don't work for Sikh Channel. :bored: ..

THE PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE THAT CANCELLED THIS, SMELLY PAKI LOVERS

Really intelligent response.......

Cowardice towards this issue from our own people is disgusting. All's well as long as we have money and a Mercedes. Conservatism is killing our community.

wow.. This is really strange step taken by sikh based channel. They are clearly not capable of running a channel. They don't know the basics of journalism; which is speak, tell and spread truth. If they give some odd leagality excuse then that is major crap as we all know that western society defends rights of news presenter and journalist to extreme level.

Hurt them where it hurts more; which is to pull out all support. Mass txt your friends, families and so on. Highlight the issue that sikhi based tv channel can't back sikhs. Contact their normal long term advertisement customers and have them pull out their ads. This is the only way such business will listen seriously.

On the contrary. They clearly do know how to run a tv channel.

Having viewed the said interview with the mum on you tube there is no doubt whatsoever that ofcom would have come down on sangat tv very hard had they broadcast it. Lets assume, for one moment, that the shoe was on the other foot. Say if it was a Sikh guy and a muslim girl. Do you really think any of us would be happy if the msulim channel broadcast a provocative interview with the girls mum in which she describes all Sikhs in derogotory terms and says things alluding to the fact that all sikhs are evil with bad intentions ?

There's no need for the communalism. The man was a peado preying on underage girls. Any underage girl. It didn't matter to him which. As long as it was easy to groom her. He found it easy to groom a sikh girl. That should make us take a good look at ourselves rather than broadcast provocative interviews in which we pin the blame on everyone but ourselves.

If anyone doubts that the inherent dirty minded preying on young girls nature is also present in our people....Then I suggest you pay a visit to Southall at 3pm each weekday outside any secondary school. There you'll see plenty of sikh men in their 20's and 30's trying to impress the schoolgirls enough for them to go for a ride in their car.

For a serious quality 'journalism' piece that would be beyond criticism, I suggest SAS do an interview with the girl herself rather than the pixilated mum. Let the girl state, in her own words what he done and what she done. Let her describe herself the part she played in her own downfall.

There's no need for the communalism. The man was a peado preying on underage girls. Any underage girl. It didn't matter to him which. As long as it was easy to groom her. He found it easy to groom a sikh girl. That should make us take a good look at ourselves rather than broadcast provocative interviews in which we pin the blame on everyone but ourselves.

Whilst I understand and even agree with your sentiment regarding us needing to have a good look at ourselves, and the things we might do that makes it easier for such things to happen, I can tell you for a fact that Pakistanis have been traveling from East London to Southall for YEARS, in order to chat up young, naive and specifically Sikh girls, who they deem to be 'easy'.

If Sikh guys are doing what you mentioned in your post around schools - can I suggest some of you locals grow some tuttay and have a stern word with the culprits and tell them to stick to 'haan di kuris' if they must insist on trying to chat girls up.

Really intelligent response.......

Cowardice towards this issue from our own people is disgusting. All's well as long as we have money and a Mercedes. Conservatism is killing our community.

conservatism is killing our community brother?....more like politcally correct liberal hippie flower power views are killing our people...conservatism is the light at the end of the tunnel..

Sikh Awareness Society - well done for your efforts.

sangat tv are pathetic.

they started this whole anti dastar day fire, claiming that "it is not the role of a sikh media channel to promote events of this nature", yet they played a very active role during the uk rioting last summer - double standards.

sangat tv allowed muslim prayers to be aired in sikh homes

sangat tv allowed a muslim to call sikhi false, and allowed muslims to tell sikhs to say the shahada (decleration of islamic faith) which they were reciting on air. not only this but sangat tv played this repeatedly to hundreds of throusands of homes across the uk.

sangat tv did not promote the 1984 majara last year whereas sikhtv and sikhchannel did (sikh channel especially)

sangat tv are in constant (non friendly) competition with sikh channel... its pathetic. they are pathetic. sangats money is wasted on sangat tv.

hopefully the footage will leak out on the net or sikh channel will have the balls to air a real program on a real ongoing problem.

once again well done SAS... although this is a huge knock back please do not stop your efforts in the work you do. do your best, along with aardas and gurbani and leave the rest in guru jis hands. as long as you try your best, you will have no regrets.