Dancing

Guest fool

I know a lot of gursikhs think it's ok. Dancing nowadays is seen as excersice.

Exercise takes many forms and each person will prefer something to suit them. The higher point of dancing to get fit is to get fit, not to dance. dancing is the vessel, but the fitness is the food in the vessel.

well doesnt ALOT of the bhangra moves initialy com frm gatka/shastar vidya?

No, it comes from the harvesting of the crops, the movements of the bhangra dance reflecting the movement of the labourer harvesting crops.

So dancing is evil, watching tv is evil, walking and enjoying it is evil...<banned word filter activated> are we suppose to whip our selves also...

I can understand your frustration but thats true. According to gursikhi everything beside naam simran is evil. Now thats the ideal case.

You can follow as much you can. if you want to dance and you can't control you can dance a bit

I can understand your frustration but thats true. According to gursikhi everything beside naam simran is evil. Now thats the ideal case.

You can follow as much you can. if you want to dance and you can't control you can dance a bit

But no, i'm sorry i fail to believe that. Sikhisim is a very progressive and modern religion, there is no hocus pocus.

Let me put it this way....Guru Gobind Singh ji, if he thought plays, dramas etc ( analagous to television) were "evil" he would not have written nataks.

These "Gursikhs" you mention are driving Sikhisim back to the stoneage whilst it had developed as a modern and progressive religion. Life comes once, and i'm sure as hell that Guru sahib wants you to enjoy it...now that does not at all imply drink alchohol and cut your hair, it means that a Sikh is able to live in society without these preconceived notions of "higher then though". Which is exactly the path that forumers are travellilng down.

Let me put it this way....Guru Gobind Singh ji, if he thought plays, dramas etc ( analagous to television) were "evil" he would not have written nataks.

Dont make that mistake, of taking Gurbani too literally, Sri Dasam Bani contains a lot of mysterious and deeply profound teachings. The natak that Maharaj wrote is Bachitr, simply wonderful.

It isnt written to be acted out on a stage, but to be acted out through living. The living of a Sikh.

Dont make that mistake, of taking Gurbani too literally, Sri Dasam Bani contains a lot of mysterious and deeply profound teachings. The natak that Maharaj wrote is Bachitr, simply wonderful.

It isnt written to be acted out on a stage, but to be acted out through living. The living of a Sikh.

You clearly missed the point.

Bachittar Natak has a very deep meaning. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj is very intelligent and disclosed Naam in many ways. Some take the title Bachittar Natak very literal and say Satguru was writing a drama and its not true events in Maharaj's life; Maharaj is just trying to teach. Speaking to Gurmukhs, they tell us first to learn the meanings of Shabads from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj from Gurmukhs and then move to learning Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj from Gurmukhs. In Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj we are taught over and over that this world is a play and and Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is the director of this play. When Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj titled his past life as Bachittar Natak it is not to say its a false drama, but it is the drama of the creator that took place. Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj placed Maharaj on this universe as himself and played out the world drama, where Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj sent down Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj as himself to spread Gurmat.

We want to enjoy life by dancing, chlling with friends, attending parties. But we see doing paat as a chore and find no enjoyment out of it. Three times a day we have to sit down and do paat. But have we asked Guru Sahib what real enjoyment in life is? Here is a challenge, find a shabad from Gurbani that says dancing, chilling with friends, attending parties is enjoyment and I'll stop writing here. Satguru has said there is only one enjoyment and that is doing paat all day and everyday for the rest of your life. Many of you will say this is fanatical and run away from it. But tell me when you love someone to the point of going mad, then you sing their praises (doing paat) night and day and find nothing else important. Here comes the next part, when you love someone this much then you're ready to follow every direction they give you with every breath. Ever wonder why Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj said rehat is more dear to me than the SIkh? Rehat is more dear to Satguru because his (Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj) beloved gave him these instructions to follow.

We all have criteria for what we want in a spouse. But have you ever asked, looked at rehat Maryada and said this is what Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj want from us because we are his soul bride. We will never accept a person as a spouse because they don't fit what we want in a spouse. So will Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj unite with him a soul bride that doesn't even love him; if you loved Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, then you would follow his instructions and actually enjoy doing paat and enjoy following rehat maryada.

But no we defy his teachings and say i want to enjoy life by dancing and doing what i find enjoyment in. Well if this is the case, then your Bachittar Natak will be to come and go in the cycle of birth and death.

Bachittar Natak has a very deep meaning. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj is very intelligent and disclosed Naam in many ways. Some take the title Bachittar Natak very literal and say Satguru was writing a drama and its not true events in Maharaj's life; Maharaj is just trying to teach. Speaking to Gurmukhs, they tell us first to learn the meanings of Shabads from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj from Gurmukhs and then move to learning Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj from Gurmukhs. In Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj we are taught over and over that this world is a play and and Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is the director of this play. When Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj titled his past life as Bachittar Natak it is not to say its a false drama, but it is the drama of the creator that took place. Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj placed Maharaj on this universe as himself and played out the world drama, where Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj sent down Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj as himself to spread Gurmat.

We want to enjoy life by dancing, chlling with friends, attending parties. But we see doing paat as a chore and find no enjoyment out of it. Three times a day we have to sit down and do paat. But have we asked Guru Sahib what real enjoyment in life is? Here is a challenge, find a shabad from Gurbani that says dancing, chilling with friends, attending parties is enjoyment and I'll stop writing here. Satguru has said there is only one enjoyment and that is doing paat all day and everyday for the rest of your life. Many of you will say this is fanatical and run away from it. But tell me when you love someone to the point of going mad, then you sing their praises (doing paat) night and day and find nothing else important. Here comes the next part, when you love someone this much then you're ready to follow every direction they give you with every breath. Ever wonder why Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj said rehat is more dear to me than the SIkh? Rehat is more dear to Satguru because his (Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj) beloved gave him these instructions to follow.

We all have criteria for what we want in a spouse. But have you ever asked, looked at rehat Maryada and said this is what Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj want from us because we are his soul bride. We will never accept a person as a spouse because they don't fit what we want in a spouse. So will Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj unite with him a soul bride that doesn't even love him; if you loved Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj, then you would follow his instructions and actually enjoy doing paat and enjoy following rehat maryada.

But no we defy his teachings and say i want to enjoy life by dancing and doing what i find enjoyment in. Well if this is the case, then your Bachittar Natak will be to come and go in the cycle of birth and death.

So why did you learn english? Basic premise, your parents your self felt the need to enjoy (keyword enjoy) economic profit. Please life is not black and white, and neither is guru sahib.