Scandalous From Bbc Asian Network!

Guest KopSingh

Guest KopSingh

Nihal is belittling Sikhi on a regular basis. There has been many threads on this guy over the years. He is a person who obviously doesn't want to learn about Sikhi or tell viewers about SIkhi as the Guru's taught it. With such people, you can say whatever to them and they will not listen to the voice of reason. He has an agenda and he will not move away from it. The only way he will stop is if the UK sangat makes him pay out of his pockets and BBC is sued for belittling Sikhi. Even if you think that the case will not be won, still take them to court because it will make them think twice next time before belittling Sikhi. We Sikhs are weak at keeping the pressure on these giddars, make them sweat and sooner or later they will stop. Without unity we are weak, so put our difference aside and focus on the common goals.

U kno the WORST thing about this, is that his sikh co-worker (narinder i think her name is) agreed with him, and ultimatley read my txt wrong, also 2 minutes later after they read my txt, another sikh txted in, agreeing with nihal, so it seem like no one actually paid attention to my txt, rather they jus sucked up 2 nihal, our community has too many pappus and gaddars

also he he didnt say sikhi is a part of any religion ,jus that it was like a mixture and picked up ideas from other religions. almost like as if our gurus were some infomation scrounging mugs! and stole stuff from other prophets

Show respect when you are writing about our Gurus. It is good that you raise voice against

our enemies but that does not give you any right to use words like,"almost like as if our gurus were some infomation scrounging mugs! and stole stuff from other prophets

Guest KopSingh

Show respect when you are writing about our Gurus. It is good that you raise voice against

our enemies but that does not give you any right to use words like,"almost like as if our gurus were some infomation scrounging mugs! and stole stuff from other prophets

r u for real that u found that offensive? im not callin them that literally.

gods sakes! oh wait ive done it again.

The "funny" thing is they are much, much harsher on Islam than they are on Sikhi. His show is always knocking Muslims! The makers of the show may justify it by saying "Britain is facing issues that are originating from certain sections of the Islamic community" but the way they stitch them up at every possible turn is just wrong.

You know me I'm not the greatest fan of Islam, but it's as if Nihal and his cohorts want every Muslim who is listening to phone-up and say "I'm very sorry for the actions of my fellow Muslims. PLEASE love us!!!" :biggrin2: I think they deliberately get the kind of Muslim guests who will argue the "Islamic corner" who are on the fringes of the mainstream and are bound to say controversial things --- exactly what the makers of the show want!

Strangely enough not much introspective analysis of Hinduism and it's followers goes on, apart from the fluffy, unimportant pieces on whether Hindus should be cremated on firewood in England. Yeah, let's give them a Sony radio award for that particular piece of hard-hitting journalism!

Guest KopSingh

The "funny" thing is they are much, much harsher on Islam than they are on Sikhi

im not sure how u got that conclusion, they always talk bowt islamic related stuff, but thats coz they r the "in-thing" right now, they r always in the news for sumthin or other. But also whenever educated non-muslims ring up the show, claiming inequality of women in islam, forced conversions, prophet muhammed was a paedo, mass murderer, rapist etc, nihal never allows the person time 2 justify why they said it, and never allows them time 2 back it up with refernces n quotes, hes SO PC (politically correct) wen it comes 2 muslims, its cringeworthy. almost as if, the've got him on payroll. But wen ppl come on n call khalistanis extremists, or slander bhindrawale, dumb gujaratis callin our gurus hindu, he allows it.

Thats the problem with west london singh he often bats for the other (muslim) side and his Sikh loyalty and credential's become very doubtful indeed. Its good to provide a balanced point of view but when you neglect the harm that people do to your own Sikh community and you do not say anything to those who try to undermine the Sikhs then whose community do you exactly belong to?

Sikh loyalties and credential are you joking? Your ability to turn a simple debate into a mockery is what should be highlighted here. People like you run our gurdwara with very introspective views of community. Always "they" and "us" last time i checked guru ji resides in all! West London Singh isnt neglecting the harm Nihal has done i agree with most of his points. A randomer who doesnt know of sikhi wouldnt be left with a bad example of it from the show but it seem Nihal is as misinformed as much of his audience...we should try and educate BBC asian network and Nihal thats the right way to go!

Sikh loyalties and credential are you joking? Your ability to turn a simple debate into a mockery is what should be highlighted here. People like you run our gurdwara with very introspective views of community. Always "they" and "us" last time i checked guru ji resides in all! West London Singh isnt neglecting the harm Nihal has done i agree with most of his points. A randomer who doesnt know of sikhi wouldnt be left with a bad example of it from the show but it seem Nihal is as misinformed as much of his audience...we should try and educate BBC asian network and Nihal thats the right way to go!

You show your foolishness by not reading my posts when I stated nihaal has form here regarding Sikhs. If this was a one off incident no one would care much. But it seems a common theme when he talks about Sikhs in his programs he tends to put his foot in it and doesn't reflect the views of Sikhs but rather gives his own assumptions on the matter in hand.

And I have no desire to run a Gurdwara management committee dont know what planet your on