Scandalous From Bbc Asian Network!

Guest KopSingh

And as for nihals current program on forced conversion my 2 pence on the matter is that it goes on but less so in the west move so in Pakistan and other muslim occupied lands. There are daily incidents in Pakistani's sindh province and very often in North west frontier province.

im not sure how u got that conclusion, they always talk bowt islamic related stuff, but thats coz they r the "in-thing" right now, they r always in the news for sumthin or other. But also whenever educated non-muslims ring up the show, claiming inequality of women in islam, forced conversions, prophet muhammed was a paedo, mass murderer, rapist etc, nihal never allows the person time 2 justify why they said it, and never allows them time 2 back it up with refernces n quotes, hes SO PC (politically correct) wen it comes 2 muslims, its cringeworthy. almost as if, the've got him on payroll. But wen ppl come on n call khalistanis extremists, or slander bhindrawale, dumb gujaratis callin our gurus hindu, he allows it.

It's because they're the "in-thing" that the AN goes to town on them and their faith, lol!

The reason Nihal doesn't allow open and unhindered criticism of Islam - which might cause outright riots - is because he'll get taken off the airways and done by Ofcom (or whatever the radio equivalent is if there is one)! Read between the lines and just look at their sinister agenda. Fair enough, Islam is in the news and has been in the news for the past decade or so, but if Sikhi got the amount of negative attention that the AN gives to Muslims, none of us would stand for it.

The central issue is this: I'm not against debating religion and faith IF done in the right way. The platform the AN presents to people is NOT the right way and the people involved have their own agenda. We don't know the history and background of a caller. He or she could be a troublemaker looking for a reaction, i.e. like certain Hindus phoning up and saying Sikhs are Hindus, etc. Once it's been said it's done - you can't take it back. It's reactionary, headline grabbing nonsense designed to placate the odd white guy listening by saying "We're all right guv'nor. We ain't all a mad bunch of mullahs. Please be our mate!". :biggrin2:

Seriously though, I don't like using the following term because it's a bit offensive but the AN debates are all about coconuts bending over backwards trying to please their masters, whilst simulatenously looking down on their fellow bretheren for being so uncouth. Think of it as the Malcolm X 'House Negro / Field Negro' situation. Everyone of them to a man would sell their faith and their culture down the river for a bit of acceptance. Sad but true.

Just listened to the program and I dont really have any issues with it. I think nihal handled it quite well....

To those who have listened to the program what are your views?

I'll listen to it later on.... :lol2:

No but to be fair my points are general rather than specific instances. It all adds up eventually.

Guest KopSingh

Just listened to the program and I dont really have any issues with it. I think nihal handled it quite well....

To those who have listened to the program what are your views?

this thread is about his comment regarding sikhi and his response to my TXT, not the conversion stuff. stick 2 topic please

How many people here listen to his programme or the Asian Network on a regular basis? How many have an opinion on what is discussed regardless of whether it has anything to do with Sikhi or not? How many people have text/emailed/phoned in an opinion as a Sikh on whatever random topic may be being discussed?

See I ask all those questions as it's easy to jump up and down when something like this happens but then when a response is sent into the station, it is either ignored or taken in the wrong context. It has been said too many times on this forum itself that we as a panth need to get a lot more savvy in regards to how we deal, interact and communicate with the world, especially the media.

If anyone does listen to the station on a regular basis then maybe you should voice an opinion on regular subjects that are being discussed and start getting yourself recognised as a regular contributer, that way when a topic/comment related to Sikhi comes up naturally your comments will hold a lot more weight (as an example Jasminder comes to mind but for all the wrong reasons).

I remember listening to a discussion in which Navreet Singh (Coventry) made some points from a Sikhi point of view, the confidence and conviction with which Navreet Singh made his points had such an impression that Nihal stated that he'd like to have Navreet Singh as a guest on his show.

It's kind of obvious from the points made by various members of this forum that there may be a bias/sensationalisation of topics/comments, it's time to start getting clever and use this platform to our advantage rather than being told we don't know our own religion by a radio presenter.