Day Bhangra Gigs And How Shere Punjab Stopped Them

"a Sikh group in Birmingham, unhappy with Sikh girls going to daytimers and dancing with Pakistani boys, would stand outside clubs filming those going in; the footage would be played inside local temples to warn them of what was happening"

Imagine this happening today.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/apr/10/strictly-bhangra-daytimers-british-asians

It would be gr8 if it could happen today, at least it would deter them. but not daytime gigs nomore, they have night time clubs. i remember going to a one my young days, but back then we went in to see what was going on, and go back home, there was no pakistani boys at the two I went to, unless i didnt notice them or went to the wrong one. nowadays they have alcohol, and drugs, and all sorts and they dont go chori chori nomore, I feel the generation of nowadays is more open and dont hide much. I didnt even know about Shere punjab or saw any of them at the gigs.

But I do remember taking some pics myself of people going in, but that was only because I wanted to be a policewoman or detective after I left college lolz, so me and my friend used to practise. And we never got see the photos as in those days the cameras were rubbish.

But seriously, wish that would happen today, then it would cut down the grooming and conversions.

"a Sikh group in Birmingham, unhappy with Sikh girls going to daytimers and dancing with Pakistani boys, would stand outside clubs filming those going in; the footage would be played inside local temples to warn them of what was happening"

Imagine this happening today.

http://www.guardian....-british-asians

interesting stuff "Hammertime007", u remember me n u discussed shere panjab on another thread under my old username of "KopSingh"? Yea man, that sarfraz manzoor is from luton, jus like me, i actually met him few months back in our L & D hospital funny enough.

I cant help but think that if boy channa is correct that daytimer gigs did indeed stop coz of Shere Panjab, then SP have done us all proud, even though im a massive bhangrahead, who if i was a teenager in those days, probably wudda either been part of SP or dancing away inside. But also interestingly in those days isnt it funny sikh/muslim girls all were on the same level, in terms of there parents were of the same strictness, yet now, it seems our girls can get away with everything, yet muslims r still stuck in that old strictness, which is good for them. But havin sed that, muslim girls nowadays, r becomin just as loose as any other girl (Judging by luton & brum). Even in those days muslim girls were dancing away, as the janani in the article stated. interestin stuff.

Oh by the way i thought i'd add this, duno if u guys think its irrelevant, but ill post it anyways, it talks bowt the explosion of bhangra and the daytimers, n talks 2 a girl 2 on teh subject.

Fair enough discuss our girls but what about our boys?

It seems to have become 'normal' for our boys to go clubbing etc. If our girls&guys stuck together as siblings most of our issues like these would be solved.

its normal for boys 2 go clubbing even with their parents knowing, coz a boy aint gonna get his drink spiked, n get raped later on, nor is he gona get blackmailed/pregnant n taken 2 pakiland. also he wont hav 2 run away frm home either. Girls hold the honour/izzat of the family, whether they like it or not, dont ask y, coz i dont kno myself, nor do i make the rules. cheers "singhni".

interesting stuff "Hammertime007", u remember me n u discussed shere panjab on another thread under my old username of "KopSingh"? Yea man, that sarfraz manzoor is from luton, jus like me, i actually met him few months back in our L & D hospital funny enough.

I cant help but think that if boy channa is correct that daytimer gigs did indeed stop coz of Shere Panjab, then SP have done us all proud, even though im a massive bhangrahead, who if i was a teenager in those days, probably wudda either been part of SP or dancing away inside. But also interestingly in those days isnt it funny sikh/muslim girls all were on the same level, in terms of there parents were of the same strictness, yet now, it seems our girls can get away with everything, yet muslims r still stuck in that old strictness, which is good for them. But havin sed that, muslim girls nowadays, r becomin just as loose as any other girl (Judging by luton & brum). Even in those days muslim girls were dancing away, as the janani in the article stated. interestin stuff.

Oh by the way i thought i'd add this, duno if u guys think its irrelevant, but ill post it anyways, it talks bowt the explosion of bhangra and the daytimers, n talks 2 a girl 2 on teh subject.

Muzzie girls are at it read this ...............but our punjabi youth dont have day timers anymore too much azzadi

http://menmedia.co.u...oze_and_bhangra

A guy can be spiked/raped/blackmailed. Muslim girls are just involved in the conversions as the muslim guys. Don't be fooled to think rape/drink spiking/blackmail only can happen to a girl. I get that a familyz issat is on the girls head. But these things can/have happened to guys too. If our guys focused more on strengthening relations with their sisters than pub/club most of this would be avoided as girl wouldn't seek attention outside the family home&guy wouldn't waste valuable time in a club/pub instead hed use that time to bond with his sister.

Sikhs guys shouldn't be going to clubs either. Fair is fair. The arguments about rape, spiking of drinks, etc., for females is all well and good but if guys set an example maybe these shenanigans might not occur? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Although I've heard of some guys saying "We only go to keep an eye on our girls so they don't get involved in anything dodgy". Yeah right. :biggrin2:

its normal for boys 2 go clubbing even with their parents knowing,

According to what culture and religion? Sikhi doesn't approve of it and neither does Khalsa Panth. You must be backward punjabi. Even straight punjabi tells their sons to stay away from these places. So these backward punjabi boys make up an elobarate lie to their parents.....like they are going to be studying for exams till 2 am in the morning. Hide clubbing clothing in bag....slap hands with their four eyed buddy and drive off in their parents car...thinking they are g's cuz they rocking fake high brand clothing labels.....ur massi stitched that gucci on nicely.

It goes something like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exE5Q6epu8