Ataam Raas organisers SELL recording rights?

KhalsaSingh

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davinder Singh, yes u have a point. But you tell me suming, r they really doing so much bad? They spread keertan through means that the sangat will enjoy. Not everyone loves listening to raag. They arent all about money mate. I know Bhai Harjinder Singh and have spent time with him. He has a lot of nimratta. Dunno really bout the other keertani to be honest with you but hey... if u dont know JACK about them, who r we to slander them?

Times have move forward... not sayin its gud they have but they have and i know for a fact that over 75% of sangat who comes to Atam Ras keertan absolutely love it and it does enspire them to keep listening to GurBani Shabad Keertan. We are celebrating 400 years of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Dont be a prude Singh. They have really raised awareness of these celebrations and have DEFINITELY brought more sangat to the Gurdwara. Tell me suming... how have u raised awareness, brought people into Gurdwara and enlightened their souls?

You do your own seva, and dont slander keertani who have so much more jeevan than us. Bhul chuk maaf karna.

Davinder Singh, yes u have a point. But you tell me suming, r they really doing so much bad? They spread keertan through means that the sangat will enjoy. Not everyone loves listening to raag. They arent all about money mate. I know Bhai Harjinder Singh and have spent time with him. He has a lot of nimratta. Dunno really bout the other keertani to be honest with you but hey... if u dont know JACK about them, who r we to slander them?

Times have move forward... not sayin its gud they have but they have and i know for a fact that over 75% of sangat who comes to Atam Ras keertan absolutely love it and it does enspire them to keep listening to GurBani Shabad Keertan. We are celebrating 400 years of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Dont be a prude Singh. They have really raised awareness of these celebrations and have DEFINITELY brought more sangat to the Gurdwara. Tell me suming... how have u raised awareness, brought people into Gurdwara and enlightened their souls?

You do your own seva, and dont slander keertani who have so much more jeevan than us. Bhul chuk maaf karna.

are they? it seems to be predicated and based on whos doing the kirtan and whos coming, names and faces, which not only encourage homai, but such a base for a kirtan program is not gurmat.

and no they r not all about money which is true, however what is true is that if they r selling recording rig

hts and selling sikhi as if it is a business then that is wrong, and the official representatives hav not responded to this thread yet to answer the questions posed several weeks ago. infact they induljed in a personal attack and badly avoided the questions as is evident from the initial post.

no one is questioning if the sangat loved the kirtan or not! ur diverting the topic, we were questioning if programs based on what was discussed in the 1st post and by davinder singh were right or wrong.

raising awareness is only good as long as sikhi is not misrepresented, for example i have a suspicion that basic maryada is not being maintained in particular the sevadars organising this event and sitting on the stage are not yet sikhs (as the very basic first thing that makes one a sikh i.e. the first thing guroo sahib asks of his sikhs, not to organise kirtan programs but to take amrit and be baptised as a sikh i.e. have the oppertunity to be recognised as a sikh in the eyes of guroo jee.) without

basic maryada being upheld in these events any parchar being done is ultimatly false and falling on deaf ears, its is also misreprestentative of sikhi i.e. having a non sikh on stage possibly preaching to the sangat when they themselves have not followed the first basic thing guroo sahib asks of his sikh.

oh and heres some fotos from the 30th August (Mondays) Atam Ras programme in Wolverhampton... click on the link below....!

http://www.sikhifm.net/PHOTOS/atamras/atamras_ss1/

Fateh Ji,

I have to agree with AmaN on this one. I was at the Atam Ras programme in Wolverhampton last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The fact that there were not dozens of people recording the same thing meant I could see the Ragi's as the view was not obstructed by camera's and people jumping up and down every few minutes.

Having been to a fair few programmes where the front end of the hall by the stage is full of cameras and people operating them, I found this experience thoroughly enjoyable.

I look forward to going again tonight :wub:

Fateh Ji.

oh and heres some fotos from the 30th August (Mondays) Atam Ras programme in Wolverhampton... click on the link below....!

http://www.sikhifm.net/PHOTOS/atamras/atamras_ss1/

Fateh Ji,

I have to agree with AmaN on this one. I was at the Atam Ras programme in Wolverhampton last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The fact that there were not dozens of people recording the same thing meant I could see the Ragi's as the view was not obstructed by camera's and people jumping up and down every few minutes.

Having been to a fair few programmes where the front end of the hall by the stage is full of cameras and people operating them, I found this experience thoroughly enjoyable.

I look forward to going again tonight :wub:

Fateh Ji.

[font=Gurbani

WebThick]vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!![/font][/font]

Bhenji when you go tonight please try and keep your focus on Guru ji rather than the Keertani. I have nothing against people putting up cameras and M.D players etc.. cause all it means is that more people will have recording of that keertan therefore causing a ripple effect with more people being able to enjoy the keertan. I personaly believe that all keertan shoudl eb done on the floor infornt of Guru maharaj. Sometimes people in the sangat sit facing towards the keertani and away from Guru ji. Don't forget that it's Gurus darabar that is why we are there to have darshan of our living Guru " jaag dee joyt " Guru maharaj.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i dont think im diverting the issue. Ure talking about Gurdwaras and keertan and they r both key elements in the getting together of sangat.

I dont think neone is really focusing on the keertani more... to whom do the sangat bow down to when they come into divaan hall? GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji! Its not a concert man - u dont have people with photos of em waiting for the keertani to sign autographs (bit extreme i know but its an example). I jus think of it this way... the keertani bring in the sangat and in my opinion KEERTAN has been the key starting point in many peoples path to Sikhi. They fall inlove with the keertan (not the keertani) and they get more n more into it and its a starting point ESPECIALLY for youth. We are gifted in this world with Sangeet.. i have never heard or met neone who doesnt love music. Now its like this... if u r listening to bani at home, yes it is soothing but i think to actually sit in the presence and listen to the same bani live with Guru Ji actually in the same room, is something else. It is similar to a lot of things in life and therefore its similar to the keertani that are down too.. the live sound and buzz u get with the sangat is suming else. And if sangat enjoy being in their presence listening and watching them do keertan and at the same time also singing Gurbani along with them and repeating Maharajs name... then we should let it happen.

And as i said to u before about the tv stations with the copyright... ure wrong coz its not even that strict. People dont get chucked out for using them. They are asked politely not to record and will be given the proper better quality recordings in the very near future. Now audio recordings.. its broa

dcasted live on digital radio... u can record from digital radio! No ones stopping ya. T-series n the rest of these companies which mass produce Gurbani CD's are spreading the Word using commercial means... buts its still spreading the word and YES they profit from them but in the same way they are advancing because they are now producing DVD's with extras and putting videos online for people all over the world. They shouldnt be profitting but i think the positive points about companies distributing keertan in this way outweigh the negative points.

Once again, bhul chuk maaf karna ji.

i dont think im diverting the issue. Ure talking about Gurdwaras and keertan and they r both key elements in the getting together of sangat.

I dont think neone is really focusing on the keertani more... to whom do the sangat bow down to when they come into divaan hall? GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji! Its not a concert man - u dont have people with photos of em waiting for the keertani to sign autographs (bit extreme i know but its an example). I jus think of it this way... the keertani bring in the sangat and in my opinion KEERTAN has been the key starting point in many peoples path to Sikhi. They fall inlove with the keertan (not the keertani) and they get more n more into it and its a starting point ESPECIALLY for youth. We are gifted in this world with Sangeet.. i have never heard or met neone who doesnt love music. Now its like this... if u r listening to bani at home, yes it is soothing but i think to actually sit in the presence and listen to the same bani live with Guru Ji actually in the same room, is something else. It is similar to a lot of things in life and therefore its similar to the keertani that are down too.. the live sound and buzz u get with the sangat is suming else. And if sangat enjoy being in their presence listening and watching them do keertan and at the same time also singing Gurbani along with them and repeating Maharajs name... then we should let it happen.

And as i said to u before about the tv stations with the copyr

ight... ure wrong coz its not even that strict. People dont get chucked out for using them. They are asked politely not to record and will be given the proper better quality recordings in the very near future. Now audio recordings.. its broadcasted live on digital radio... u can record from digital radio! No ones stopping ya. T-series n the rest of these companies which mass produce Gurbani CD's are spreading the Word using commercial means... buts its still spreading the word and YES they profit from them but in the same way they are advancing because they are now producing DVD's with extras and putting videos online for people all over the world. They shouldnt be profitting but i think the positive points about companies distributing keertan in this way outweigh the negative points.

i asuming ur talking to me?

no im not talking about gurdwaras and keertan, i was talking about event that r based fundamentally predicated and promoted on whos coming or performing at the event. read my 1st post this is quite clear.

i realise u dont think anyone is focusing on the kirtanee but that again has nothing to do with what i inititally raised either. but just to entertain that point its interesting how much sangat there is when a famous ragi jatha is here compared with some kid doing kirtan.

actually there was an instance in californa when the famous ragi came out of his limo was signing autographs for his adoring fans so yeah!

tv stns, hmm i asked in the initial post if they have sold recoring rights to alpha punjab so u cannot say im wrong as i dont think ur a representative of the organisers to say that.

the rest of wot u hav said hasnt in any way addressed anything i have asked

I dont think neone is really focusing on the keertani more... to whom do the sangat bow down to when they come into divaan hall? GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji! Its not a concert man - u dont have people with photos of em waiting for the keertani to sign autographs (bit extreme i know but its an example). I jus think of it this way... the keertani bring in the sangat and in my opinion KEERTAN has been the key starting point in many peoples path to Sikhi. They fall inlove with the keertan (not the keertani) and they get more n more into it and its a starting point ESPECIALLY for youth. We are gifted in this world with Sangeet.. i have never heard or met neone who doesnt love music. Now its like this... if u r listening to bani at home, yes it is soothing but i think to actually sit in the presence and listen to the same bani live with Guru Ji actually in the same room, is something else. It is similar to a lot of things in life and therefore its similar to the keertani that are down too.. the live sound and buzz u get with the sangat is suming else. And if sangat enjoy b

eing in their presence listening and watching them do keertan and at the same time also singing Gurbani along with them and repeating Maharajs name... then we should let it happen.

And as i said to u before about the tv stations with the copyright... ure wrong coz its not even that strict. People dont get chucked out for using them. They are asked politely not to record and will be given the proper better quality recordings in the very near future. Now audio recordings.. its broadcasted live on digital radio... u can record from digital radio! No ones stopping ya. T-series n the rest of these companies which mass produce Gurbani CD's are spreading the Word using commercial means... buts its still spreading the word and YES they profit from them but in the same way they are advancing because they are now producing DVD's with extras and putting videos online for people all over the world. They shouldnt be profitting but i think the positive points about companies distributing keertan in this way outweigh the negative points.

i asuming ur talking to me?

no im not talking about gurdwaras and keertan, i was talking about event that r based fundamentally predicated and promoted on whos coming or performing at the event. read my 1st post this is quite clear.

i realise u dont think anyone is focusing on the kirtanee but that again has nothing to do with what i inititally raised either. but just to entertain that point its interesting how much sangat there is when a famous ragi jatha is here compared with some kid doing kirtan.

actually there was an instance in californa when the famous ragi came out of his limo was signing autographs for his adoring fans so yeah!

tv stns, hmm i asked in the initial post if they have sold recoring rights to alpha punjab so u cannot say im wrong as i dont think ur a representative of the organisers to say that.

the rest of wot u hav said hasnt in any way addressed anything i have asked

Im one of the organisers of 3 of the main Atam Ras Keertan darbaars here in Wolverhampton and i know a lil bout wots going on so dont u question where i stand in this matter. You dont really know jack Yes, Alpha TV Etc punjabi channel has given maya to ragi keertani to come to the UK for these smagams but the no copyright has been infringed. I run a website Sikhifm.com and the audio and video from these events will be available in a few days time.. now how cud i or even Charanpreet do that if zee networks had the copyright? Yes the keertani have been given maya to come here but if Alpha was a free tv station do u think they wuda paid the keertani? Its onli coz they have paying subscribers that they shud pay the keertani. I thank these raagi who do do a lot in terms of Gurmat Parchaar n i think there isnt enuff money in the world to thank them for this. They dont ask for it.. they r given it.

As for u awaiting Charanpreets reply... DUH! OBVIOUSLY he is with the Atam Ras Keertan and u purposely have started this topic to have digs at him for not replying. Trust me, i aint best buds with him but i think wots right is right n im with him on this one. Whether neone else is or not.. dont matter. U voiced ure opinion. U wanted him to reply u shuda PM'd him personally not try to slander him for not replying to u when u know hes with Atam Ras at the moment. Bhul chuk maaf.