Amitabh Bachchan’S Invitation To Leicester Event Causes Outrage In Uk Sikh Community.

This is an amzing opportunity to raise the profile and much more awareness of this issue within the media, at the very least the local Leicester media. Lets not get bogged down with Amitabh Bachan, but try and use this opportunity to educate, educate, educate. But lets not fall into the trap of holding a protest which starts peaceful but turns aggressive in anyway, as thats all Keith Vaz will need to turn the situation against the Sikh community within the local media.

Lets ensure that the protest is more like a vigil (lots of candals) and lets do naam japna like in the Dudley protest. We are currently working on getting Amnesty International down to the event, they wont come if there is even a hint that it may turn into an aggressive protest. Getting them down will improve the chances of it hitting the mainstream media. Letters will also be written to all the MPs within Leicestershire and other faith leaders and bodies, again lets educate.

We are currently working with the local newspaper and news channels to get them down at the protest, therefore we need to ensure that we properly media manage the protest on the day. It needs to come across more as an awareness campaign more then a protest, best way to generate greater sympathy. Play the victims on the day and not the aggressors.

What do you want us to become sheep? and cry out for sympathy? We are lions and lions roar.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sikhs have always fought injustice and the treatment of minorities from 1947 - present only shows that sikh grievances against the indian government are justified. If I was the pm and as per your sce

What Bachchan did was to incite the ordinary person to join the government organised mobs. We all know the star power of indian actors. This actor had thousands of people outside the hospital when he

This is an amzing opportunity to raise the profile and much more awareness of this issue within the media, at the very least the local Leicester media. Lets not get bogged down with Amitabh Bachan, b

Posted Images

What do you want us to become sheep? and cry out for sympathy? We are lions and lions roar.

Don't take this personal veer. This is a general comment.

It's best the lions who cover the faces stay at home on the day so that a sustainable campaign can be carried out. We've witnessed many of the lions who take it to another level run home after these protests and leave others to pick up the pieces.

This should be a series of serious transparent campaigns to raise awareness for those willing to show their faces and put their necks on the line. Our morchas need to be sustainable. It's about being a clever lion!

Great comment from Kaljugi

Lions are also occasionally outsmarted by the jackal. Aman made very valid points. Learn to pick and choose your battles.

• Like 1

Keith Vaz has a bit of dodgy past himself. Google 'The Hinduja Brothers Keith Vaz' and you'll realise why. I'd be rather careful before we start placing trust in him to help Sikhs in this cause. I could be wrong, but he usually moves towards where there is prestige and power, and I'd think he's likely to defend Bachchan than speak against him.

Kieth vaz shouldnt be trusted at all, he supports violent political thugs like the UAF (BOGUS SO CALLED UNITE AGIANST FACISM) The uaf have been conatcted about attacks on Sikhs in Oldbury by Muslims, but they laughed.

Vaz also denies any racial element to the grooming of girls by Pakistani men.

As for Batchan he is the same Scum, he was close to the ghandis he had power, due his populairty, Tully writes he raised slogans in october 84, so i am all for this protest against Scum like Bachan and Vaz.

It's so very important we remain peaceful and as said above focus on education alone!

I'm certain at some point the organisers will try to say that amitabh Bachan is not coming so as to get us to stop the protest...but as guests have paid as much as £100 each...he'll def coming!

• Like 1

**The Protest IS Going Ahead**

This is a Peaceful Protest to Educate the public about Amitabh Bachchan and the November 1984 National Genocide.

Keith Vaz along with Amitabh Bachchan’s family and fans will be attending the Platinum Suite on Saturday. The Leicester police have informed Seva84 that Amitabh will not attend as he claims he will be ill on the day.

A meeting was called earlier today where it was agreed that the peaceful protest will still go ahead on the following grounds:

-The event in question... will still be going ahead with the presence of Amitabh’s family members and fans from all across the UK.

-MP Keith Vaz needs to be made aware that the Sikh community will protest the visit of any perpetrator of the 1984 Genocide against Sikhs (even if they have not been brought to trial yet)

-As the press will be present, this is an excellent opportunity to highlight Amitab’s role in 1984 to his fans, the public and the media that will be present.

Protest details will be posted on www.facebook.com/seva1984

Protocol for Peaceful Protest 16 June 2012

Sikhs are requested to start gathering at the Platinum Suite, Cobden Street, Leicester LE1 2LB at 5.00pm – 7.30pm

All Sikhs attending are requested to note the following Protocol:

-Sikhs must respect and participate in the Naam Simiran, Mool Mantra, Chaupai Sahib Jaap that is intended to take place on the day, so that the Khalsa Panth receives blessings from Guru Ji.

- Intimidation, swearing or violent behaviour will NOT be tolerated. Do not come looking intimidating i.e., do not wear hoodies or any face coverings. No swearing will be permitted. Smart dresscode is preffered.

- Sikhs must show restraint and conduct themselves respectfully when addressing members of the public, the police or any attendees of the event. Do not engage in any arguments, direct difficult persons to the sevadars present at the protest.

-Sikh and non-Sikh media will be present for us to voice our concerns to the wider Community - we do not want to show the wider community we are violent, rather we would like to educate them on November 1984 in an articulate way.

- Support those Sevadaars who will be taking a lead on the day

We will get our message across through leaflets and placards. We want this protest to be remembered as “the protest that highlighted Amitabh Bachchan’s contribution to the November 1984 National Genocide”. We would also like MP Keith Vaz to also realise the distress his invitation to Amitabh has caused to the British Sikh community.

FINALLY, REMEMBER, you will be representing the roop of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj.

600688_424596550914565_1538357077_n.jpg

"Smart dress code is mandatory". Don't have "preferred" because some will prefer not to dress smartly.

I assume it is to avoid the attire of those protesters who come with hoodies and face coverings.

As the event is likely to be a "stylish" and "posh" occasion perhaps a smart outlook would not be such a bad idea, but I wouldn't get too hung up on the point.

My trainers cost me more than my smart shoes...

i dont think smart necessarily means expensive.

True however that if your dressed in joggers and trainers more likely to be classed as the "working feral class"

All about perception and people will be intrigued by seeing well dressed protestors.

so sikhs killed the prime minister is that not a crime which these bodyguards need to be punished for? if some hindues killed a sikh leader surely all sikhs would incite their fellow to kill hindus..

It was a crime and they were punished but there were reasons behind their killing of a tyrant. Are you posting in all the forums about hitlers death and saddams death?

No for unlike you we wouldnt call for the death of all hindus but for people to be tried for their crimes. The singhs who recently killed that <banned word filter activated> from a dera handed themselves in to the police, whereas the masses who killed sikhs still go about there lives and try and forget. Lets you know who the lions though

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• They've been trying to find any excuse to enact a law like this, it's already being called out that the murder of David Amess's death had nothing to do with online abuse, just when you think the Tories couldn't reach a new low they try and pull some crap like this and use the death of an MP as an excuse.
    • Bhai ji I don't think there is anything like a 'fail proof concept' in business. Random stuff (like say Covid for example) can take some businesses out suddenly, and conversely they can be a life saver to others (i.e. PPE manufacturers, online suppliers who get stuff to you in lock downs being in extra demand).  The best way to survive I guess is to have diverse income streams so if one dries up, the others still bring in the bacon. The business environment can be very fluid, and sometimes even a little thing can cause a massive difference.  Example: One cafe I know was doing okay, but then they hired this really pretty, friendly women as a waitress. Business shot up big time because of her for a year or two. Then she had kids and moved away, the business decreased. lol   
    • I miss my best pal. I was desolate when he passed away for quite a while (a few years!). Time (I found) does heal and attenuate the intensity of pain.  The busier you keep yourself, and thus from thinking about it, the better. You can't be stuck in constant grieving mode. The grief is heavily psychological, and you have to use a variety of tricks to focus elsewhere. Training helps. Keeping busy (as mentioned previously) helps. Hobbies help. Supportive friends who don't indulge you in excessive emotionality help. If you're going to mope about it for years, then you're not doing yourself any favours. You have to want to get over it, and not indulge in excessive emotionality after a while.  Even then, something will happen that brings them back to mind. But you have to keep moving. When the sun's out I always remember him, and what we'd get up to. I go past a place we used to go to (like a restaurant) and up he pops in my mind. But he's gone somewhere else now, and I'm here, and I have to deal with my own issues now. You have to be tough minded.  Try CBD btw.  
    • that sau sakhi tale is based on Guru Gobind Sigh's bachan after Singh was carried off battlefield unconcious and  injured by Musley and they cut his kesh and tried to convert him: bytrying to feed him  Halal Meat (please note those who think nothing of eating meat in 'halal friendly' eateries ) , doing sunat (circumcision) , reading shahada and even marrying/offering a muslim woman to him. Because he did not take the last option up Guru ji said he was NOT a muslim and could do pesh and rejoin his sikh bretheren.
    • https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/18/pm-urged-to-enact-davids-law-against-social-media-abuse-after-amesss-death   Potentially an attack on our online freedoms. IF, this includes forums such as these, I will be very reluctant to post again   PM urged to enact ‘David’s law’ against social media abuse after Amess’s death Calls for crackdown on threats to public figures and an end to online anonymity   A notice keeps David Amess’s seat in the Commons free. Photograph: Jessica Taylor/AP   Jessica Elgot Chief political correspondent @jessicaelgot Mon 18 Oct 2021 19.59 BST             Boris Johnson is facing calls to enact “David’s law” to crack down on social media abuse of public figures and end online anonymity in the wake of the killing of Sir David Amess. Dozens of MPs paid tribute in the House of Commons on Monday to the veteran Conservative backbencher who was stabbed to death on Friday, shedding tears, sharing uproarious anecdotes and venting anger over his death.   While police are investigating whether there are any links to Islamist extremism and have not connected the killing to the targeting of MPs online, allies of Amess said he had voiced growing concern about threats and toxicity within public discourse as they demanded a crackdown. Campaigners have warned, however, that ending online anonymity could put whistleblowers and pro-democracy campaigners in authoritarian regimes at risk. Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, told the Commons that “civility in politics matters” but “we must not lose sight of the fact that David’s killing was an [alleged] act of terror on the streets of our country”. Mark Francois, who described Amess as one of his closest friends and his political mentor, vowed he would dedicate his time in parliament to overhauling the rules governing social media. Francois told the Commons he was “minded to drag Mark Zuckerberg [CEO of Facebook] and Jack Dorsey [CEO of Twitter] to the bar of the house … if necessary kicking and screaming so they can look us all in the eye and account for their actions or rather their inactions that make them even richer than they already are”. He said MPs should radically toughen up the pending online harms bill to prevent trolls and other abusers hiding behind pseudonyms. “In the last few years David had become increasingly concerned about what he called the toxic environment in which MPs, particularly female MPs, were having to operate in,” Francois said. “He was appalled by what he called the vile misogynistic abuse which female MPs had to endure online and he told me very recently that he wanted something done about it.”   A man understood to be Ali Harbi Ali is filmed on CCTV walking down a north London street last Friday. Photograph: Sky News Francois, the MP for Rayleigh and Wickford, which neighbours Amess’s Southend West constituency, added: “I suggest that if we want to ensure that our colleague didn’t die in vain, we collectively all of us pick up the baton, regardless of our party and take the forthcoming online harms bill and toughen it up markedly. “Let’s put, if I may be so presumptuous, David’s law on to the statute book, the essence of which would be that while people in public life must remain open to legitimate criticism, they can no longer be vilified or their families subject to the most horrendous abuse, especially from people who hide behind a cloak of anonymity with the connivance of the social media companies for profit.” Bernard Jenkin said MPs should also examine themselves when discussing civility in politics, a nod to some of the disturbing language used during Brexit debates. “Which of us has never felt fallen prey to feelings of contempt or lack of respect or unkindness towards those who oppose us? Which of us can honestly say we cannot do better?” He said kindness should be added to the seven principles of public life. “Henceforth, let kindness be known as the David Amess principle of public life.” Amess, an MP for 38 of his 69 years, was stabbed to death while holding his constituency surgery in an Essex church. Ali Harbi Ali, 25, was arrested at the scene and continues to be detained under terrorism laws. The government intends to pass an online safety bill introducing new obligations on social media companies to regulate illegal and harmful material – though there has been significant controversy over how that can be defined. Compliance will be monitored by Ofcom and the bill is expected to start its passage after pre-legislative scrutiny set to report back in early December. Paying tribute to “one of the nicest, kindest and most gentle individuals ever to grace these benches”, Johnson said Amess’s killing struck at the heart of the ordinary democratic work of MPs. “That Sir David spent almost 40 years in this house but not one day in ministerial office tells everything about where his priorities lay,” he said. “He was not a man in awe of this chamber, nor a man who sought patronage or advancement. He simply wanted to serve the people of Essex, first in Basildon, then in Southend. And it was in the act of serving his constituents that he was so cruelly killed.” Starmer said: “Even as a political opponent he was a man and a politician we could all learn much from. I use that phrase – ‘political opponent’ – very deliberately. Because David held his beliefs passionately but gently. I believe that not only can we learn from that but that we have a duty to do so. Civility in politics matters.” Starmer spoke to the parents of Jo Cox, the Labour MP murdered by a far-right terrorist in 2016, on Friday, he said. “I knew they would be reliving that terrible day. They said to me they were thinking of David’s family and how their lives would be changed forever,” he said. Cox’s widower, Brendan Cox, also said it was a moment to reflect on political discourse and a “day-to-day brutality with which our political debate is conducted, from increasingly regular death threats to online abuse”. The police team convened after his wife’s murder to investigate threats against MPs found 582 reports of malicious communications and handled 46 cases of harassment between 2016 and 2020, he said. Nine cases were classified as terrorism-related.

Important Information

Terms of Use