Sikhs in th City

khalsa mero roop

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh...

People are asking where are the bibbann with dastars on the program?, why is this and why is that, why the manmukh's displayed , where is ultimate or the near enough picture we all want to see. :lol: One Veer points out above the BBC must be disgusted with itself..I say we all are to blame , not the BBC or anyone. There is 500000 plus strong Sikh community in the UK, mostly economic strong but not sikhe strong and all we can get is the influence of one Sikhe programme every 4- 5 years on TV late at 11:30 P.M. I remember the 300th Anniverary programmes in 1999 were also at ridiculous times.

In comparison to us the muslims are doing a fab job, there programmes are aired at the crunch 8:00 pm type of time and are quality.

For the question of the real Gursikhs and Bibban with dastars where are they, the only answer is that you'll catch them at a smagam but nowhere else, sorry. This our sorry state of affairs , in the last 50 plus years the community has grown to over 500000 and we haven;t even produced at least 5 excellent speakers who would represent Sikhe on media such as T.V. This is true and I apologize if I have offended anyone and it does hurt, I am also in here to be blamed.

Desparate situations require desparate measures, but the only measure we do are is to write on web forums and then forget it , including myself. Sure there are people who are doing panthic things and they rightly should be but it's all in small groups etc, no none group gets along with anot

her, well I Haven't seen one yet, still looking so I can join them.......................

sall is right- there was a serious lack of singhnia on there

it was a bit biased

i'm guessing that jevan deol is going to be needing cosmetic surgery in the not too distant future rolleyes.gif he's not even good at his job let alone his stupid views on sikhi. any historian with any IQ can see sikhi has flourished throughout the centuries of ethnic cleansing and attempts by societies and cultures to destroy it but like these idiots jevan makes the mistake of forgetting you can destroy buildings and people but not the divine message.

People are asking where are the bibbann with dastars on the program?, why is this and why is that, why the manmukh's displayed , where is ultimate or the near enough picture we all want to see. :lol: One Veer points out above the BBC must be disgusted with itself..I say we all are to blame , not the BBC or anyone. There is 500000 plus strong Sikh community in the UK, mostly economic strong but not sikhe strong and all we can get is the influence of one Sikhe programme every 4- 5 years on TV late at 11:30 P.M. I remember the 300th Anniverary programmes in 1999 were also at ridiculous times.

In comparison to us the muslims are doing a fab job, there programmes are aired at the crunch 8:00 pm type of time and are quality.

For the question of the real Gursikhs and Bibban with dastars where are they, the only answer is that you'll catch them at a smagam but nowhere else, sorry. This our sorry state of affairs , in the last 50 plus years the community has grown to over 500000 and we haven;t even produced at least 5 excellent speakers who would represent Sikhe on media such as T.V. This is true and I apologize if I have offended anyone and it does hurt, I am also in here to be blamed.

Desparate situations require desparate measures, but

the only measure we do are is to write on web forums and then forget it , including myself. Sure there are people who are doing panthic things and they rightly should be but it's all in small groups etc, no none group gets along with another, well I Haven't seen one yet, still looking so I can join them.......................

Well said Khalsaji. Considering our presence in the UK over the last 50 years, we should be a lot further than we actually are at this point. Watching a mainstream documentary made by the BBC just put's it into perspective. I too felt it was a wasted opportunity to really get some real good exposure.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 2 weeks later...
That clean shaved historian sed sikhi gonna change in west :wub:

ullu da patha :lol: LOL.gif

Friend that Ullu that pathaa as you called him is getting off his backside and getting valuable Sikh manuscripts restored and translated....................his name is Jeevan Singh Deol............and for you to dismiss him because he is a Mona is wrong....... no.gif

..........and guess what Sikhi has changed in the West...........many of us have not got the Punjabi and Indian ball and chain which we seem to confuse with the message of the Guru.......... :e:

.......I sat respect to Dr Jeevan Sin

gh Deol who is one of our most brightest and leading Sikh Historians......... :(