Rehraas Sahib At Harminder Sahib

ghatak

I understand its panthic masla..we are looking at things form parampara stand point and like to preserve it. .that is fine

But having no ras from shorten rehras sahib..i m sorry to say singh that's your perception, whatever your perception is that's what it appears or get or thats what you become. If someone wants to get ras from full rehras or small rehras only (be it small or long or even one line one word) they will..!!

I agree with you 100 per cent. I only stated how I personally felt regarding Sri Rehras Sahib. In hindsight I should have made it clear that for me personally a longer version is more rasdayak. I won't be using Sikhsangat.com anymore but before leaving I do want to make it clear that I have the utmost respect for Sri Harmander Sahib/ Sri Akal Takht Sahib. I hope my apology will be accepted.

Waheguru.

I recite full Rehrass Sahib and will carry on doing so because I feel it's better to read more bani and I also believe that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Sri Dasam Granth and Sri Sarbloh Granth should be together but different levels. Just my views/input. :p

I agree with you 100 per cent. I only stated how I personally felt regarding Sri Rehras Sahib. In hindsight I should have made it clear that for me personally a longer version is more rasdayak. I won't be using Sikhsangat.com anymore but before leaving I do want to make it clear that I have the utmost respect for Sri Harmander Sahib/ Sri Akal Takht Sahib. I hope my apology will be accepted.

Waheguru.

BHAI SAHIB JI DONT LEAVE,

WE NEED GOOD PEOPLE HERE.

Saw this interesting quote on facebook..I thought i share:

Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhinderawale, narrates that:

When Kartar Singh Kalaswalia [a disciple of Babu Teja Singh] became a Graṅthī at Harimandir Sahib, he along with others made the decision to cut down verses of the Rahirās. The version that was created by the Panch Khalsa Bhasauria should only be read. Only 25 stanzas of the Chaupaī Sāhib should be read. They did this and began to recite the Anaṅd Sāhib, then Mundavaṇī, and started to read the Ardās without the three closing compositions of the Rahirās. Due to this half the Rahirās is still recited at the Harimandir Sahib.

(PhD Kamalroop Singh)

• 6 months later...

"Ghatak" Ji,

You still have not answered the question regarding what makes the particular Rehraas Sahib "sampooran". Just because you say so or the Taksal says so?

Taksalis state Rehras at Sri Darbar Sahib is incomplete, Nihangs state Taksali Rehraas is incomplete. I can turn around state they both are incomplete - where does it stop?

Is the Sodar Banee in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji also incomplete (not-Sampooran) ?

You also claim the Damdami Taksal is "Shiromani", how so? Can you provide any reference of it's "Shiromani-ness".

Can you provide any mention of name "Damdami Taksal" in any literature or historical text before the 20th century?

What gives them the right to force their version of any Banee on the entire Panth? Didn't they try this in the 1980's by force. Look what happened - it backfired big time.

It is easy to call everyone else who does not agree with you a "nindak". We need to learn to step away from these samperdais and jathas and look at the bigger picture not just what suits you and your group.

taksaals rehraas is written in bhai mani singh jis gutka. When do nihangs say taksal rehraas is incomplete. Thats a lie ask a jathedaar if there rehraas is incomplete it just has more dohraas and rakhiya de shabad.