Sign in to follow this  
Guest gupt

Drinking Somebodys Jutha.. By Mistake..

Guest gupt

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh.. By Mistake I took a sip out of my daughter's pop.. it was a an innocent mistake ... I amritdhari and my daughter who is six not.. what should I do.. she have not eaten meat .. but she eat cookies and candys with egs in them.. .. What to Do .. PLZ.. I am SO SO SO SORRY....

Guest hello

first of all you need to calm down. she's your daughter for god's sake, imo u have done no mistake. neways most family do amrit di gurrti / or give chula to the baby when born so that the amritdhari parents can eat jhooth of the kids.

if you feel so strongly about this do ardaas, seriously dnt make a joke of urself and go pesh for this lol.

I would tend to agree with hello, she is your flesh and blood so calm down. If you really feel you need to do something then do ardaas, ask for forgiveness and move on.

Go to the Punj Pyare and get your children to take chula. Many Sikhs are getting lost in family relations and don't understand the Khalsa Panth does not associate with this lower thinking of............she's your flesh and blood.........

Punj Pyare are understanding and are not hate mongers. There are people and Amritdharis out there who tell you..............you missed your nitnem...don't worry about it.....its just a ritual.......

Seriously? OMG , I guess you don´t even understand Sikhi ! All on this planet is "Jutha" that our Guru ji´s tried to explain the Brahmins etc.. Water is Jutha because there are fish in it - Air is Jutha because we all breath it ! There isn´t something with Jutha! The hell ,you got a brain from Waheguru use it! And don´t follow ritualistic things! God damn she is your daughter! Which direcition our Sikhi has gone... I am so sad...

• Like 3

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh.. By Mistake I took a sip out of my daughter's pop.. it was a an innocent mistake ... I amritdhari and my daughter who is six not.. what should I do.. she have not eaten meat .. but she eat cookies and candys with egs in them.. .. What to Do .. PLZ.. I am SO SO SO SORRY....

First of all, you shouldn't make this into a big deal. Just do ardas and move on.

But Only Five is right, you should get your children to take Chula and why are you allowing your daughter to eat egg? There are plenty of cookies and candies without egg. If you're a strict vegetarian, then you should bring your children up in the same way. That's your daughters decision to make when she is older whether she wants to continue being a strict vegetarian. Although she wouldn't if you bring her up with morals and values.

Guest Sigh

Mindless ritual. How very sad that this is what sikhism is turning in to. Why not just start calling yourself a Hindu and get it over with.

Going on from the post above by Shadow, joot aside, as an Amritdhari, surely the OP should impress on their children not to eat any foodstuffs containing eggs or other ingredients not permitted for people who've taken amrit? If the children decide to continue (or abandon) this when they grow older that's their choice, but at least put some structure into place?

Although I wouldn't say people who do eat eggs, meat, etc., don't have morals and values, lol. Not that I do eat any of that stuff, but there's many strict vegetarians who are also lacking in the morals and values department. :biggrin2:

http://www.sikhanswers.com/rehat-maryada-code-of-conduct/why-are-some-sikhs-strict-about-who-prepares-the-food-they-eat/

It is true it makes an effect on your jeevan from those you eat from.

Also, if you made an accident, then it is okay. You shouldn't have to go do pesh or anything like that. Amrit isn't broken just like that, remember it's you giving up your head to the Guru. If you on purpose withdraw your head from Guru Sahib then you should go pesh for forgiveness I think (don't quote me on this, but it seems to be logical).

You made a mistake, acknowledge it and move on. Don't let it phase your journey as we all do make mistakes at times.

Going on from the post above by Shadow, joot aside, as an Amritdhari, surely the OP should impress on their children not to eat any foodstuffs containing eggs or other ingredients not permitted for people who've taken amrit? If the children decide to continue (or abandon) this when they grow older that's their choice, but at least put some structure into place?

Although I wouldn't say people who do eat eggs, meat, etc., don't have morals and values, lol. Not that I do eat any of that stuff, but there's many strict vegetarians who are also lacking in the morals and values department. :biggrin2:

Meat eaters still have compassion but we need to understand all living creatures matter since they feel pain and have the desire to live just as us. So, eating meat is immoral because you're putting your desires before another's pain. Plus as a sikh we're supposed to remove our bad karma.

Meat eaters still have compassion but we need to understand all living creatures matter since they feel pain and have the desire to live just as us. So, eating meat is immoral because you're putting your desires before another's pain. Plus as a sikh we're supposed to remove our bad karma.

I do agree with you. I was just making the point that some people who don't eat meat also possess these negative traits.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji says those who argue about meat are fools and Guru Granth Sahib Ji also says that the poor ganna that we excrete juice from (sugar cane) also feels pain.

Sikhs don't eat meat because we don't have to. Plain and simple and because of the effect it has on our jeevan. Plants are living beings as well but are better to eat than animals. With that said agricultural malpractices are also a big sin and are just as bad as eating meat. In Punjab these pesticides have destroyed the ecosystem and rid the beautiful Punjab of its greenery and rich and fertile land.

Einstein said:

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

I'm surprised you're turning this into an argument. The OP believes meat is wrong and I'm giving my opinion why I believe it is immoral. Do you believe Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh was a fool to argue over meat too. We can eat vegetation because it does not feel pain. Even though there may be some bad karma but it is not as worse as animals who feel extreme pain as humans.

sIh pjUqI bkrI mrdI hoeI hV hV hsI] seeh pajoothee bakaree maradhee hoee harr harr hasee|| A goat was caught by a lion and while about to die, it gave out a laugh. sIhu puCY ivsmwdu hoie iequ Aausir ikqu rhis rhsI] seehu pushhai visamaadh hoe eith aousar kith rehas rehasee|| The surprised lion asked why it was so happy at such a moment (of its death). ibnau kryNdI bkrI puqR Aswfy kIcin KsI] bino karae(n)adhee bakaree puthr asaaddae keechan khasee|| Humbly the goat replied that the testicals of our male progeny are crushed in order to castrate them. Ak DqUrw KwiDAW kuih kuih Kl auKil ivxsI] ak dhhathooraa khaadhhiaaa(n) kuhi kuhi khal oukhal vinasee|| We eat only wild plants of arid regions yet our skin is peeled and pounded. mwsu Kwin gl viF kY hwlu iqnwVw kauxu hovsI] maas khaan gal vadt kai haal thinaarraa koun hovasee|| I think about the plight of those (like you) who cut the throat of others and eat their flesh. grbu grIbI dyh Kyh Kwju AKwju Akwju krsI] garab gareebee dhaeh khaeh khaaj akhaaj akaaj karasee|| The body of both of the proud and the humble will become dust ultimately, but, even then the body of the arrogant (lion) is inedible and that of the humble (goat) attains the status of edible. jig AwieAw sB koie mrsI ]17] jag aaeiaa sabh koe marasee ||17|| All who came to this world have to die ultimately.(17)

If you understood that shabad about those who argue about meat are fools, you would understand it is referring to the word Meat, not meat itself because guru sahib is talking about pandits who behave extremely by covering their ears whenever they hear the word meat. That's why the shabad says 'MAAS MAAS', twice not once because it is referring to the WORD. Just like har har means the name, not the person.

Other than that, I still have complete respect for everyone, even if they eat meat. But many are beginning to realise eating meat is wrong.

Anyway, I'm not saying any more, that's my opinion.

• Like 1