Time To Tell The World That Sikhs Are The Bravest Of The Brave.

JSinghnz

Singh559 Paji i think one point we need to consider before getting too offended by a film is to consider the maxim that in today's day and age there is no such thing as "bad publicity". For example, we all know that after 9/11 converts to Islam have increased in the last 10 plus years straight after 9/11. Similarly, let's say a film has a non-Amritdhari hero ... even the resonance a character that becomes popular in the public's perception can help portray a positive image of Sikhs (in a secular way) and can increase the chances that a small minority of folks might actually look into true Sikhi in even more detail to realise the real truth of Sikhi. I'm of the opinion that the more "Sikh portrayed" lead heroes nowadays the better (as opposed to comic characters of the past) ... but yes let's absolutely remain vigilant that SGPC have input whenever a Sikh lead character is portrayed to avoid reinforcing negative stereotypes particularly related to alcohol and reinforcement of caste labels but also all behaviour non-befitting of anyone wearing a Dastar.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh !!

I'm writing down some points, which I feel is not right for the movie "Battle of Saragarhi"

1) The 21 sikhs who originally took part in the battle of saragarhi were not like those who have been chosen for a role in this movie. You see the physique of the actors, its improper. I mean look at their tummy. they look more like the men from punjab police. THIS IS A COMPROMISE ACCORDING TO ME. Hollywood directors always take care of these things. Small things, large meaning.

2) We all know that a Sikh director can better understand the Sikh feelings etc. Also the dialogues and the screenplay can be best if all would have been done by a Sikh writer, because we are all familiar with it. Result of this drawback is "Son of sardar" which you can easily make out from the trailer, and I am afraid if the mistake happens here too. No offence, but just a view.

I feel that the bollywood film-makers make movies on Punjabi culture or Sikhi related, not for some good cause, but for money.

Reason:

We all know that sardar's are famous for their look and works in south and all other parts of India ( except punjab) because punjabi's are aware of this fact, I mean its common here. So, the major part of the audience is from south, west and the east who think that punjabi's and sardars are just meant for jokes and other funny stuff..... they all have this thing in there mind and so they go for watching a movie. They watch and the producer's earn. Film makers make movie for the rest of INDIA not for Sardar's, but instead they use our image, exploit it.

I had hopes from the "Son of sardar" but trailer disappointed me a lot.

Anyways, I still have hopes from this movie...........despite of the points.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh !!

I feel that the bollywood film-makers make movies on Punjabi culture or Sikhi related, not for some good cause, but for money.

Reason:

We all know that sardar's are famous for their look and works in south and all other parts of India ( except punjab) because punjabi's are aware of this fact, I mean its common here. So, the major part of the audience is from south, west and the east who think that punjabi's and sardars are just meant for jokes and other funny stuff..... they all have this thing in there mind and so they go for watching a movie. They watch and the producer's earn. Film makers make movie for the rest of INDIA not for Sardar's, but instead they use our image, exploit it.

I had hopes from the "Son of sardar" but trailer disappointed me a lot.

Anyways, I still have hopes from this movie...........despite of the points.

Agreed. They do it for the money, but I think Sikhs are the ones coming out in large numbers to watch the film. Singh is King movie highlighted a new formula. Put a famous Bollywood actor in a dastaar, make him the hero of the film (rather than the clown), then sit back and watch Sikhs pay good money to see a movie about "Singhs". Unfortunately, I have yet to see an authentic sardar, or an accurate representation of our religion in these films. They mostly just perpetuate negative stereotypes.