Breaking Down?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Nope, smartsingh24 Ji, Bhai Gudas Sahib states "Kal Taaran Gur Nanak Aya", signifying that Guru Nanak Sahib came to ferry the world across in the age of Kalyaga...aka. the present age.

On the subject of feeling down...I have had the opposite. I came to this country in the time where seeing a Sikh was as rare as seeing a giraffe in Sears...there very few Sikhs in Sikhs Roop, and this is in New Jersey, and mostly confined to Gurudwaras. However, as time has went on, Sikhs have become more and more visible and slowly, Sikh organizations have come forth to protect the Sikh community. This is all signs of the community coming up and progressing. In the short term, yes, there will be many setbacks involving egos and anger, but nevertheless the community IS progressing.

Heck, Canada has a Gursikh in the Parliment !!! Stay in Chardi-Kalaa!!!

a generalisation lacks a degree of accuracy

Yeah, I guess it is wrong to generalize... It's true that there is a lot of strong Sikhi in our generation. Sometimes I think things are getting better, but nevertheless, they're still on the verge of ending/breaking, and I feel like there's gonna be a new beginning

That's just what I've been feeling recently though. I think lots of people understand or feel a similar way but people just don't talk about it

Lots of people have been mentioning big changes happening in the near future to the Khalsa Panth. I guess we should just be prepared for anything - good or bad - because we know that IN THE END, everything Guru Sahib does is for the better. All bad will lead to good.

hmmm..

ParnaamShaheedaNu.I totally agree with what you said.. everything is different, well alot of things are different, nowadays we put importance on things that we did not before would it be in religious-cultural or political life. Actually to my beleifs i think its because we questioned things less then we do now. Our own age-life has amade an tremendous change not only the society. This feeling of 'breaking down' is different to each person, as everyone is unique and values, perceptions, feelings, personalities are different from one another.

One major difference that i noted is that, back then (70-90) although people were sikh only in appearence, but they didnt attend raen sbaaees and other programms to SOCIALIZE and look for girls-boys as it is now.

On camps and smagams, an higher emphasis is put on ENTERTAINMENT and SOCIAL ACTIVITIES then the keertan and banee laha itself.

To me it feels like a down moment, a silent moment, a tender moment bofore a major storm. And its scary. Its like soemthing is missing, there is something that i cant catch, or put my finger on. Some might be really enjoying this type of society-life... others might not.. its different for each one of us.

one word- UNITY

am i the only person that gets on with everyone? (don't i love myself) rolleyes.gif

u gotta mix-it-up with everyone everywhere and the best way i find to do that is by not pushing your views in peoples faces which is a habit of a lot of apnae these days.

i try to show my views on my site or through action but dont discuss them with people unless they ask me.

try not 2 be judgmental even when others are and so be tolerant. this is best way 2 keep the unity between different caste, colour, jatha, religion and all the rest.

live and let live unless they somehow trying to hinder the Panth hit.gif

in which case bash their butts & kick their shins! ah... works for me :c: probably because i got size 11 shoes :lol:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

the only thing im ever anticipating these days is sant jees return. and i believe it to be within the next 2-3 years so i dont agree with things breaking down in a few years. but things will definately start changing and ending.....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

How bout you stop waiting for 'Sant Ji' and you start the revolution.

Maybe if we all started our own small revolution, we could all change things, and that would be our present to Sant Ji.

Waiting for "Sant Ji's return" is like the Jews waiting for a Messiah.

It ain't happenin'.

If your upset with things, put yourself in a position to change things.

Let me tell you something, Sikhs were ALWAYS like this.

They were not more 'chardi kala Sikhs' than there are now.

What happened before is that a young Sikh (like me and you) decided he wanted to become the messiah and change the things he hated. He changed them, for the better in certain cases, and for the worse in others.

Sikhs ALWAYS fought with each other, ALWAYS dis

agreed, ALWAYS agreed.

Let me also tell you something else, this is not present with just Sikhs...but entire HUMANITY.

You dont like it? Work to change it!

Thats what Sikhi is about!

If we all work to change a little minor thing, one of us will come on top to change a big thing! or all our minor things will combine and cause a revolutionary change.

I think we can do it...its much better than sitting around waiting for a messiah..

the question is...Are you up to the challenge?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

oh my gosh..

start ure own revolution do this do that..

FIRST, go do the bhagti sant je did

then well see if u can do that, then go ahead, go make revolutions

do bhgati like sant je first

and please, unless u do paat 24/7 like baba thakur singh je, dont talk

and also

u say man its wrong to do that for sant je

respect him and say hes shaheed

sant je himself said in a recorded speech to listen to watever baba je says

wateever baba je says

sant je said this

and we all know wat baba je clearly said

now please tell me

u calling baba je a liar???

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

it seems in the past all was innocence and love for keertan, then pretty soon it became about show, (politics & control) etc so lost something, change will come again and again when the show gives way to pure love and love again gives way for show... may hap some anticipation in is sangats communal heart awaiting such turn of events of which you have become aware