Christian interrupt Sikh Funeral in the US

Yasmin

There was another incident happed here in Calgary about 2 or 3 years ago. I remember Christians comeing up too some people during a Sikh Youth Week at the university of calgary. They didn't come up to me though. Anyways, they started asked apne some questions about Sikhi and started comaring it with Christiantiy, then they said that their religion was better and all that other stuff. I just told the people to get lost and to never show their faces again...hehe. I didn't see them after that day.

certain people may say otherwise but truthfully sikhi is not missionary

unlike other religions we're not in a race to convert by encouragement or compulsion

sikhi is the only religion that has allowed members of other faiths to contribute to Holy scriptures. whatever faith you are; you are encouraged to have a better relationship with God and not hurt fellow beings in the Universe

As for the christians; my mum keeps getting jehovas witnesses knocking on our door wanting to speak to her - after over 50 visits i decided enough is enough as my mum had told them 50 times that while she respects them and Jesus, she was a firm believer of her own faith. They refused to listen all 50 times and warranted a talking to by me.

I said "clearly you don't take no for an answer? you do know you are standing on my property? i could ring the police..." i proceeded to show them a few shastars i have on display and stated "it'll take at least 30 minuites for an ambulance to get here while it'll take half the time for you to bleed to death"

after an uncomfortable silence they left never to return

obviously it was an empty threat as i did not mean a word i was saying but the gesture of goodwill was there

they aint even come back to anyone on the road!

guess i'm off their christmas card list

oh well i wont be getting those magasines about how mrs sonia kapoor has converted to christianity and become mrs sonia cooper

still... respect to jesus- i have to admit he was great in his movie

still i rate the guy as a bhagat though what a quarbani

Islam is not 'based' on the need to convert as many people as possible.

I definately agree with you sister !!

A true muslim or christian or true hindu would never plans schemes to seek converts..

and deep singh said it right.. It's old news and the family was half punjabi christians..

Yasmin my friend, just out of curiosity, why do you visit a Sikh website?

My best friend is Sikh and I thought it only respectful of me to learn about her religion and customs so that I do not act in ignorance to your beleifs and so that if need be I can be there to support her when she needs it. :wub: I did not come here to preach about Islam but if I see someone saying something wrong I will correct them it is only fair of me to do so.

Guest balwinderkaur

i love and admire the spirit with which you've come to join our forum with dear sister yasmin. Hopefully, you get to learn something from us although i would suggest....if you really wanna learn what sikhism is all about, read our LIVING,BREATHING GURUSAHIB...the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee(there are official online translations of it)....all of sikhism is embodied in it. :lol: Do feel free to share your thoughts in our other threads as well yasmin sis. :(