Some Thoughts on My situation

singher23

This Richard Dawkins guy is against creationism and is very pro science. From what I understand Sikhi doesn't contradict evolution. His attacks are mainly on Abrahamic faiths not on dharmic ones.

At the end of the day ask yourself, who created the universe? It had to come from somewhere.

Explain these things to your father.

Here is another book I found online a while ago and had another veerji check it out briefly and said he thought its pretty good.

I feel I've read this a long, long time ago and It's awesome rereading this again.

I skipped to the creation chapter and it's absolutely beautiful! A must read.

Singher23, I was trying to think of a reply as I was lost for words to what to say, but this book is a must read for your dad.

This Richard Dawkins guy is against creationism and is very pro science. From what I understand Sikhi doesn't contradict evolution. His attacks are mainly on Abrahamic faiths not on dharmic ones.

At the end of the day ask yourself, who created the universe? It had to come from somewhere.

Explain these things to your father.

Richard Dawkins is an Atheist, he does not believe in a concept of GOD. Sikh religion has a belief of a God like being, the creator of the universe. Where Richard Dawkins would question, did God create us or did we create God.

WJKK WJKF veer ji,

I used to never get along with my dad as he used to be a very heavy drinker, even to the point where he was drinking during the week and even at work. I was so happy to go away to Uni because it meant being away from him. My mum similar to yours was quite religious so she used to be my support. My dad always used to be againt me growing my Dhara which i had thought of doing on a few occassions but never really went through with it because of his disapproval.

Anyways to cut a long story short the best way to win someone over is by leading a lifestyle that would inspire the other person to look at you and think i was that (Gursikhi) lifestyle. One day Maharaj done so much kirpa i just thought enough is enough, I came into sikhi Siroop and changed everything (The way i speak, eat, things i watch and listen to). Time went on and Maharaj kirpa my dad himself looked at me and felt ashamed himself. Without me arguing or even saying anything to him he started to change himself. Now he has been clean from drink for 3 years, stopped eating meat and is even frowing his dhara... WAHEGURU !!!!

So all in all what i am trying to say is the best way to help change someone is to change yourself and set an example through your own actions !!!! ... Maharaj will definetly answer your Ardas !!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf Khalsa Ji !!!!

Waheguru !!!!!!!

Thank you to all who have replied and sent me PM's. I have been doing loads of paat and that has calmed me down immensely, and hopefully soon I will be able to give my father a call or visit him and tell him the truth about how I feel about this. But he has to follow his own path in the end and who knows which way that goes. It's all Maharaaj's hukam in the end