Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

same!

It has not turned any of us into Bible bashers! I even have 5 Punjabi cousins who were sent to Catholic School, no issues!

HeatSikhingMissile Jee was a non Sikh before he took Amrit. Even Bhai Lehna Jee was a devi Worshiper and celebrated hindu holidays before He met Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee and became a GurSikh and later became Sri Guru Angad Dev Jee.

So atleast I can understand where HSM Jee is coming from. But I don't understand about all the others here for whom the old Punjabi saying goes ਦੇਸੀ ਟੱਟੂ ਖੁਰਾਸਾਨੀ ਦੁਲੱਤੇ

How about the logic- The internet was made by Christians, it's manmat to use computers

Surely you could have come up with something better than that! internet is not a religious tool, Christmas on the other hand is a religious holiday associated with Christianity/Euro Paganism much like Mawlid/Janamastmi.

Just read my other posts in this thread.Why should I cry when my brothers went to meet their waheguru?We are humans and it does make us sad that they went so early but in reality we should not be sad.We should rejoice that our brothers have ended the 84 joon cycle and are with parmeshvar.

Where have I said I am celebrating Christmas?Just because I got a tree you think I' celebrate christmas?Read my post again couple of times.Just because I said we should learn about baba Issa you think Im ignoring the sahibzadey?I go to the gurduwara the most in December like at least twice a week compared to any other month of the year because of the whole 1704 saka.

I am a Sikh and celebrate all sikh holidays.

I don't even know what to say to a Sikh who feels 'happy' at the Shaheedi of the Sahibzadas and celebrates christmas during that same time because Jesus had some good qualities about him.

Living in the Uk there appears to be more interest to Pagan past than christianity nowdays anyways geez!

Similarly today in Iran, there appears to be more interest amongst Iranians to their Zoroastrian past than Islam, does that mean that the small Sikh community living in Iran should start celebrating holidays associated with Zoroastrianism?

HeatSikhingMissile Jee was a non Sikh before he took Amrit. Even Bhai Lehna Jee was a devi Worshiper and celebrated hindu holidays before He met Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee and became a GurSikh and later became Sri Guru Angad Dev Jee.

So atleast I can understand where HSM Jee is coming from. But I don't understand about all the others here for whom the old Punjabi saying goes ਦੇਸੀ ਟੱਟੂ ਖੁਰਾਸਾਨੀ ਦੁਲੱਤੇ

yep singha! Im in me 30s grew up in an ENglish Majority area. The Schools back then did not cater for Multiculturalism much.

Similarly today in Iran, there appears to be more interest amongst Iranians to their Zoroastrian past than Islam, does that mean that the small Sikh community living in Iran should start celebrating holidays associated with Zoroastrianism?

getcha geez!

What town city you from Johnny?

I used to think community wise. The reality that unfolds is nothing like how we would like to believe it. Things have changed massively some good others bad.

Now living in an area of high Pakistanis Banglas Indians. Back then 26 27 years ago diff ballgame. Diff races whites black chinese irish Browns were thrown together. race was probably a bigger thing than religion in the late 80s.

If i was that same 8 year old where I am Id be more religiously concious and less adventerous.

before i get picked up for a contradiction

London back in the 80s had some very sharp lines, you wwent into one town it would be Asian, another would be white, another black, go into another it would be mixed with less fuss ( until 90s)

Move in one area out to another in the same city it was like a diff world. Kids with a positive upbringing would not loose their essence. You had your Jeets and Inders taking part in xmas celebs for a laugh get a pressie thats it! No religion or historic value attached to it.