Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

According to jaspreet1 this tree is anti-Gurmat and anyone who made this is a hypocrite!

THERE IS NO WAY TO BE CREATIVE AND IMPLEMENT SIKHI INTO THE HOLIDAY SEASON YOU HAVE TO CRY AND BE MAD TO BE A SIKH THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU GO TO SACHKHAND

attachicon.gif377129_10150534442734919_1161615840_n.jpg

All i see is Kirpans in that photo. There is no Christmas tree. Here is a photo of a Christmas tree. Do you see the difference.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OIBgqzyVuYQ/STfzNZYDfPI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/98-B9EfwZGY/s200/christmas+tree.jpg

All i see is Kirpans in that photo. There is no Christmas tree. Here is a photo of a Christmas tree. Do you see the difference.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OIBgqzyVuYQ/STfzNZYDfPI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/98-B9EfwZGY/s200/christmas+tree.jpg

The original poster who made this used to post on this website. It's clearly a Sikh way to depict a Christmas tree, but instead with a Sikh-twist. The point is you can paint Christmas in a Sikh brush just like I've been saying. His intention was to depict a Christmas tree with Kirpans. Quit trying to be sly, you know what you see - it's a kirpan tree decorated with a ornaments and a star on top like Christmas trees.

Stuff like this is what I was referring to (if you even read) my previous posts.

The original poster who made this used to post on this website. It's clearly a Sikh way to depict a Christmas tree, but instead with a Sikh-twist. The point is you can paint Christmas in a Sikh brush just like I've been saying. His intention was to depict a Christmas tree with Kirpans. Quit trying to be sly, you know what you see - it's a kirpan tree decorated with a ornaments and a star on top like Christmas trees.

Stuff like this is what I was referring to (if you even read) my previous posts.

I would like to stress the word tree, tree and tree. A Christian would be offended if you said that picture represented a Christmas tree. They have a very specific tree that is there Christmas tree.

I don't know about you, but I am done discussing this topic. You can stick to your view and I will stick to what I have been told by elders in the Sikh community. I have said my peace and i believe you have done the same.

Why don't we all piss off including me and jaspreet and realize in grand scheme of things everything stems from nanak nirgun parbhram-vahiguroo so i am going to celebrate each every cultural celebration out there.

Now sharia panthis can sue me or give me fatwas i don't give a flying kite--bring it on especially knowning and feeling satguru is with me along with everyone else that everything is indeed coming from same satguru parbhram satguru nanak nirgun roop everything comes from nanak nirgun parbhram he is indeed primal vahiguroo.

In fact, jaspreet singh if you wish i can come to your street and celebrate xmas with sikh theme style, if you don't like it sure you can go to your room and take blanket over and go to the sleep.

No one has to put up with this aurenzeb sharia (intimidation) posts of yours. If you actually look at this thread from starting, both sides have put their points fwd sensibly no one was that obnoxious condescending self righteous. In fact last year, i didn't had a christmas tree overall didn't celebrate it from socio-religious perspective, this year i still don't have christmas tree but after reading your post i will do it from grand scheme of things.

I am going to buy christmas tree and add sikh theme to it as singh559 suggested and there is nothing you can do about it.

What you going to do? What can you do? Whats the worse you can do? Keep your fear mongering scare tactics to yourself.

Why don't we all piss off including me and jaspreet and realize in grand scheme of things everything stems from nanak nirgun parbhram-vahiguroo so i am going to celebrate each every cultural celebration out there.

Now sharia panthis can sue me or give me fatwas i don't give a flying kite--bring it on especially knowning and feeling satguru is with me along with everyone else that everything is indeed coming from same satguru parbhram satguru nanak nirgun roop everything comes from nanak nirgun parbhram he is indeed primal vahiguroo.

In fact, jaspreet singh if you wish i can come to your street and celebrate xmas with sikh theme style, if you don't like it sure you can go to your room and take blanket over and go to the sleep.

No one has to put up with this aurenzeb sharia (intimidation) posts of yours. If you actually look at this thread from starting, both sides have put their points fwd sensibly no one was that obnoxious condescending self righteous. In fact last year, i didn't had a christmas tree overall didn't celebrate it from socio-religious perspective, this year i still don't have christmas tree but after reading your post i will do it from grand scheme of things.

I am going to buy christmas tree and add sikh theme to it as singh559 suggested and there is nothing you can do about it.

What you going to do? What can you do? Whats the worse you can do? Keep your fear mongering scare tactics to yourself.

Now I know why Guru Sahib cleaned Sri Chand feet with his beard. I do ardas, one day Guru Sahib does the same for you, who twist Guru Sahib teaching so much.

Added after:

For those who have a hard time understanding English, poster n30, the above is not a compliment. it's said for you to realize how you are just hurting your own soul like Sri Chand was. I did not get effected by what you said.

Now I know why Guru Sahib cleaned Sri Chand feet with his beard. I do ardas, one day Guru Sahib does the same for you, who twist Guru Sahib teaching so much.

We all need reality checks, I don't mind (should not and will not mind)- getting one either thats how we all learn and in fact i do get it everyday by satguru maharaj as guidance via bibek/gurbani. As i said earlier, dont worry about myself, worry about yourself. Life is short-KAAL shakti as depicted in sri dasam "guru" granth always watches over everyone as supreme consciousness witness ready to strike dusths , humble down self righteous cactus jacks of all kinds- take people right off from high horse to sand dunes dust in the ground.

I posted that picture I posted on this thread on Facebook for past two years, a friend from Kindergarten who I grew up with liked it.

I posted Happy Sikhmas, he obviously knew it represented a Christmas tree. He's a gun rights Jesus loving conservative Christian, need I say more?

Also consider how old Christianity is and how recent this cultural phenomenon of using trees. Many Americans in the 18th century viewed it as pagan nonsense and not even a representation of Christianity.

Like I said earlier, a tree is just a tree. It's not a devi or pooja, it's what you make of it. It can just be a decoration like it was when I was a kid. I agree, I want to stop posting on this thread. It has riddled me with negativity and many steps backwards.

I bought a nice white Christmas tree.Im gonna decorate it these days and I will post the picture one of these days.

I got a tree now please crucify me cause I automatically became a Christian.What is wrong with getting a tree?Am I doing puja of the tree?Am I saying "Om Shri Christmas tree mantra etc!"?!?!?I get a tree cause it looks good and becomes nice furniture price in my house.

Also what's wrong with learning about other religions?Whats wrong with learning about baba issa?Will I become a Christian if I read or teach about him?He had some good teachings as well.Even people like Mohammed and Buddha had some good teachings but our community don't wana learn about any other religion.I guess we like being ignorant of other religions.

Stone me now.

Let the stoning begin ;)

:stupidme: You guys get me all confused :stupidme:

Should i get rid of my Christmas tree and tell the kids that they are not having any presents ??

Although as young kids, they are fully aware that they are not christian and a christmas tree is not going to make Jesus happy and Guru Nanak ji upset ! :blink2: .

It's all about some holiday fun and joy. It's a time when cousins and friends are off work and you get to visit each other.

Is christmas taking advantage of us? or are we taking advantage of christmas ?

What permanent scars is achristmas tree going to leave on me or my kids ?

I bought a nice white Christmas tree.Im gonna decorate it these days and I will post the picture one of these days.

I got a tree now please crucify me cause I automatically became a Christian.What is wrong with getting a tree?Am I doing puja of the tree?Am I saying "Om Shri Christmas tree mantra etc!"?!?!?I get a tree cause it looks good and becomes nice furniture price in my house.

Also what's wrong with learning about other religions?Whats wrong with learning about baba issa?Will I become a Christian if I read or teach about him?He had some good teachings as well.Even people like Mohammed and Buddha had some good teachings but our community don't wana learn about any other religion.I guess we like being ignorant of other religions.

Stone me now.

Let the stoning begin ;)

No stoning. But but when you act very joyful during Christmas and remembering Baba Issa hope you will also shed a tear or two for the Sahibzadas who became Shaheed at this time. But I guess for modern Sikhs, Baba Issa Jee is more important than our Sahibzadas. There is a difference between learning and celebrating holidays of other religions.

Today Sikhs have become such confused people that they will bow to anywhere the wind blows. In India, they celebrate Hindu holidays, in the west they celebrate Christmas and Easter and also fully support Homosexuality because that is what the majority of the people are doing. Guru Jee's Kushi is in his Khalsa staying Nyara following Gurmat untouched by society's manmat much like a lotus flower which remains beautiful yet untouched by the dirt surrounding it.

It's really unbelievable the level of Manmat I have seen on this thread.