Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੰਤ ਮੂਏ ਕਿਆ ਰੋਈਐ ਜੋ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ कबीर संत मूए किआ रोईऐ जो अपुने ग्रिहि जाइ ॥ Kabīr sanṯ mū▫e ki▫ā ro▫ī▫ai jo apune garihi jā▫e. Kabeer, why cry at the death of a Saint? He is just going back to his home.

ਰੋਵਹੁ ਸਾਕਤ ਬਾਪੁਰੇ ਜੁ ਹਾਟੈ ਹਾਟ ਬਿਕਾਇ ॥੧੬॥ रोवहु साकत बापुरे जु हाटै हाट बिकाइ ॥१६॥ Rovhu sākaṯ bāpure jo hātai hāt bikā▫e. ||16|| Cry for the wretched, faithless cynic, who is sold from store to store. ||16||

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਰਨੇ ਤੇ ਜਗੁ ਡਰੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਿ ਆਨੰਦੁ ॥ कबीर जिसु मरने ते जगु डरै मेरे मनि आनंदु ॥ Kabīr jis marne ṯe jag darai mere man ānanḏ. Kabeer, the world is afraid of death - that death fills my mind with bliss.

ਮਰਨੇ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਪੂਰਨੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦੁ ॥੨੨॥ मरने ही ते पाईऐ पूरनु परमानंदु ॥२२॥ Marne hī ṯe pā▫ī▫ai pūran parmānanḏ. ||22|| It is only by death that perfect, supreme bliss is obtained. ||22||

When my father was watching my brothers fight in the battle of chamkur he did not shed even one tear.He was watching the fighting with great enthusiasm.He did not go away and cry in private cause his sons were lost he was happy that they went to see Waheguru.

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੰਤ ਮੂਏ ਕਿਆ ਰੋਈਐ ਜੋ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਜਾਇ ॥ कबीर संत मूए किआ रोईऐ जो अपुने ग्रिहि जाइ ॥ Kabīr sanṯ mū▫e ki▫ā ro▫ī▫ai jo apune garihi jā▫e. Kabeer, why cry at the death of a Saint? He is just going back to his home.

ਰੋਵਹੁ ਸਾਕਤ ਬਾਪੁਰੇ ਜੁ ਹਾਟੈ ਹਾਟ ਬਿਕਾਇ ॥੧੬॥ रोवहु साकत बापुरे जु हाटै हाट बिकाइ ॥१६॥ Rovhu sākaṯ bāpure jo hātai hāt bikā▫e. ||16|| Cry for the wretched, faithless cynic, who is sold from store to store. ||16||

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਰਨੇ ਤੇ ਜਗੁ ਡਰੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨਿ ਆਨੰਦੁ ॥ कबीर जिसु मरने ते जगु डरै मेरे मनि आनंदु ॥ Kabīr jis marne ṯe jag darai mere man ānanḏ. Kabeer, the world is afraid of death - that death fills my mind with bliss.

ਮਰਨੇ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਪੂਰਨੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦੁ ॥੨੨॥ मरने ही ते पाईऐ पूरनु परमानंदु ॥२२॥ Marne hī ṯe pā▫ī▫ai pūran parmānanḏ. ||22|| It is only by death that perfect, supreme bliss is obtained. ||22||

When my father was watching my brothers fight in the battle of chamkur he did not shed even one tear.He was watching the fighting with great enthusiasm.He did not go away and cry in private cause his sons were lost he was happy that they went to see Waheguru.

That does not give you the liberty to celebrate chritsmas.

That does not give you the liberty to celebrate chritsmas.

That does not give the panth a liberty to celebrate bandi chor divas because of November 1984.

I shouldn't even smile in the whole of December according to you.

Shows your pseudoness by comparing christmas with Bandi Chhor Divas.

Now read it again........

Does this post include the word you mention????

In any of my posts??

Neither celebration or christmas.

My point is simple.

Though obviously not for the simple minded.

So heres an interpretation for you.

THERE IS NOT ANY REASON TO FEEL GLUM OR SAD IN DECEMBER, AS OUR YOUNGER BROTHERS CHOSE TO EMBRACE SRI WAHEGURU FOREVER MORE IN A CELEBRATION OF MARTYRDOM. ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MY ELDER BROTHERS, THIS TIME OF BHAI SUKHDEV SINGH SUKHA AND BHAI HARJINDER SINGH JHINDA EMBRACING THEIR FAMILIES AND FEEDING EACH OTHER MATHAI. SO SHOULD I FEEL SORRY OR PROUD????

COMPARE THAT TO THE HORRORS OF NOVEMBER 1984.

Do you really feel you have the RIGHT to tell anyone how they should or shouldn't feel???

Are you serious??

Your the master of MY emotions??

Go and join your fellow nazi/fascist friends.

You have quoted people on various threads to praise their attacks upon me.

You are a coward.

I will no longer respond to feeble minded parasites and the parrots of others........if I have offended anyone other than this clown bhul chuk maaf kardeyo mairai vargai moorakh da....

Now read it again........

Does this post include the word you mention????

In any of my posts??

Neither celebration or christmas.

My point is simple.

Though obviously not for the simple minded.

So heres an interpretation for you.

THERE IS NOT ANY REASON TO FEEL GLUM OR SAD IN DECEMBER, AS OUR YOUNGER BROTHERS CHOSE TO EMBRACE SRI WAHEGURU FOREVER MORE IN A CELEBRATION OF MARTYRDOM. ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF MY ELDER BROTHERS, THIS TIME OF BHAI SUKHDEV SINGH SUKHA AND BHAI HARJINDER SINGH JHINDA EMBRACING THEIR FAMILIES AND FEEDING EACH OTHER MATHAI. SO SHOULD I FEEL SORRY OR PROUD????

COMPARE THAT TO THE HORRORS OF NOVEMBER 1984.

Do you really feel you have the RIGHT to tell anyone how they should or shouldn't feel???

Are you serious??

Your the master of MY emotions??

Go and join your fellow nazi/fascist friends.

You have quoted people on various threads to praise their attacks upon me.

You are a coward.

I will no longer respond to feeble minded parasites and the parrots of others........if I have offended anyone other than this clown bhul chuk maaf kardeyo mairai vargai moorakh da....

your post makes me laugh at your lack of comprehensive skills.

With whatever of these skills you got, GO AND READ all my posts and show me where I TOLD YOU HOW YOU SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T FEEL.

Keep your adjectives to yourself as they so suit you.

Agreed.

Christmas isn't anywhere near a dharmik festival for Christianity, it holds no real link to what Christianity really is- it's just a corporate event with an aim to get people to spend money.

With that said I don't think an ideal Sikh lives in joy or sorrow - but instead in Chardikala. I can't say much because I'm flawed. Can't really judge a person and how they feel based solely on if they have a Christmas tree up or not.

The family event can be changed into Sikhmas and kids can be taught Gurmat. I see nothing wrong with having the same basic concept and implementing SIkh sakhis while still "going with the flow". I wouldn't want my kid to feel confused and left out while everyone, including non-SIkh Punjabis celebrating a holiday while they aren't.

Always a positive way to paint something with a Sikh brush and teach kids about Sikhi. Just to put into perspective we haven't put up any tree or anything for literally maybe 8 years lol.

Brother do you celebrate Holi?

"Jonny"

I read your post and chose not to respond.

The post i did respond to I felt more resonance toward.

Why must you then highlight your OWN post to me??

Is this not an assumption that I must be educated by your goodself??

Ego is as subtle as benign cancer.....you may not realise you have it until its terminal.

I repeat.

I read your post.

And IGNORED it.

Your ego chose to ENLIGHTEN me.

For that I thank you.

Bhul chuk maaf ji

I highlighted my post because it was a directly reply to the post your quoted and from your reaction it seems it is your ego which has been wounded. Your ego could not even take a little bit if opposition to it's stand and burst into Krodh.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=17206

Khalsa Ji

Any particular reason this camp begins boxing day......

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh kill everyone stone them to death blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Children born as sikhs in the Uk have absolutely NO idea what Sikhi is let, alone how to comprehend it (or should that be comprehensive???)

Bhul chuk maaf ji