Future Sikh planning to visit the Punjab and take Amrit Sanchar there

Hi Guys

I am non-Sikh of Christian background who is planning to visit the Punjab in late March and plan to get baptised there, is it possible to stay with a amritdhari Sikh family during my stay there?

If I were you I would stay at Sri Darbar Sahib in Amritsar. There is no better place to stay than that in India where you can have sangat of the visiting Sikhs(many of them Amritdharis), listen to divine Kirtan of Sri Darbar Sahib and also participate in seva. It will strengthen your Sikhi.

Wow! I am going to India in March also! I am going for a wedding put I BADLY want to go back to Amritsar, and pray in one of the most holiest places in the world.

Also, Shri Hazur Sahib is a great place to visit.

As for a sikh family, I would not worry too much and stick with Johnny101's response.

Good luck in your travels and may you find God within yourself.

if you plan on visiting Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib Ji !!

then go there at 1 am in morning

at first they go to fetch water for guru sahibs bath from godavari river , you gotta hold your speed or you'll be left behind

then 3 am bhog pprashad , the real time comes near 6am-7pm you have to , ITS A MUST to stay inside and infront of Gurusahibs Sarooop's and then the magic happns , its an Experiance like NONE other :)

they do not simply say fateh in lower voice they roar there

you have to gather that experience , i was there last month and i am missing it really badly .

they say that the Jathedar ji there daily has the blessing to see Guru Gobind Singh ji as in actualy reall inside Angitha sahib

:respect: :waheguru: