The true jathedar of akal takht

Gupt daasan daas

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i need some help

im confused on one thing'

we know whoever sarbat khalsa votes to be the jathedar of akal takht is the true one

and vedanti isnt the real one

its bhai sahib ranjit singh je who was sarbat khalsa elected

but wasnt it bhai jasbir singh je who was before bhai sahib ranjit singh je?

and wasnt he sarbat khalsa elected as well?

then wasnt he also forced out by sgpc

so whoes technically the real jathedar

bhai sahib jasbir singh je

or bhai sahib ranjit singh je?

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also very confused on this..

Also I don't have how the election thing happens in SGPC.. how jathedar is elected and who do what.. what's the correct procedure and how it works.. How akali dal is related to SGPC and what role they play? How badal controls the sgpc :lol: ? Can someone who know about all, post simple organized format so that we can learn the SGPC style??

Jasbir Singh "Rode" is NOT the Jathedar of Akal Takht Sahib.

When Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji was appointed, Rode recognized Bhai Sahib as the legitimate Jathedar, without a question.

Jasbir Singh is a man of questionable character. Many say he has embezzled millions in the name of Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji ( he is his nephew). His hugh palace-like Kotthee is proof of that.

He ran away from his duties as Jathedar during "Operation Black Thunder", and basically never returned. Many blame him for allowing this assault.

He now runs his own "Akali Dal" and can be seen in many media photo-ops, even attending conferences alongside Hanera Badal.

I don't think the Panth has to worry about choosing between "Rode" and Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh.

Sat Sri Akal:

Alrighty, here is my understanding of the whole system:

The SGPC is supposed to take care of the Gurudwaras. It has elections to elect people to do this service, which can (and have been) postponed by the government. As per the current arrangements, the Akal Thakt basically is apart of the SGPC and falls under the SGPC's control...meaning that the Jathedar is basically subject to the decisions and the conditions of the SGPC, so the SGPC can remove him/her at any time (something that is quite the opposite of what it should be). The SGPC has not exercised its power to remove a Jathedar until Jathedar Ranjit Singh. So the Jathedar can be elected by Sarbat Khalsa, but the SGPC can still remove him/her.

The Akali Dal is a political party. They contest elections for seats in political occupations of the Punjab state, just like the Congress Party or the BJP (though is has allied itself with BJP like a bunch of sellouts).

The connection between the Akali Party and the SGPC? Well, if a member of the Akali Party is in power, he/she has power over the state and the SGPC (the SGPC is treated as government organization).

My understanding...PLEASE correct it if it is wrong.

Guest stopsingh2
Sat Sri Akal:

Alrighty, here is my understanding of the whole system:

The SGPC is supposed to take care of the Gurudwaras. It has elections to elect people to do this service, which can (and have been) postponed by the government. As per the current arrangements, the Akal Thakt basically is apart of the SGPC and falls under the SGPC's control...meaning that the Jathedar is basically subject to the decisions and the conditions of the SGPC, so the SGPC can remove him/her at any time (something that is quite the opposite of what it should be). The SGPC has not exercised its power to remove a Jathedar until Jathedar Ranjit Singh. So the Jathedar can be elected by Sarbat Khalsa, but the SGPC can still remove him/her.

The Akali Dal is a political party. They contest elections for seats in political occupations of the Punjab state, just like the Congress Party or the BJP (though is has allied itself with BJP like a bunch of sellouts).

The connection between the Akali Party and the SGPC? Well, if a member of the Akali Party is in power, he/she has power over the state and the SGPC (the SGPC is treated as government organization).

My understanding...PLEASE correct it if it is wrong.

Yes you have the basic idea.

Ranjit Singh was also selected by the SGPC and not the Sarbat Khalsa. His image took bit of a dive after he allowed Tohra to

get away with visiting the Nirankhari Bhavan in Patiala (after Tohra had been let off his backers confirmed he had gone to the Nirankhari bhavan) Ranjit singh still failed to take action.

His charachter has also been questioned as his brother is alleged to have put pressure/threatened 1984 riot victims to not give evidence in court.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

This is my understanding .....

Before the maryada would be that the present Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib would elect the next Jathedarand so on .... In the 1920's when the British was in power they help create the SGPC (Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandak Committee) and took out the Jathedaar at the time (if anyone has any info on how this happened please post).

The British and SGPC introduced the SGPC voting system basically .... which Sikhs don't really believe in as The Akal Takhat is the Supreme Sikh Authority, so who has the right to change the Jathedaar on their preference ?

Think about it the Akal Takhat is the supreme authority for Sikhs ... higher than the indian government ... that is one of the reasons we are gulam (slaves) ... because the Akal Takhat is meant to be the Supreme Sikh Authority but we end up having chumpchay as Jathedaars.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

Sat Sri Akal:

Another piece of history was dictated to me by a knowledgable Sikh. He stated that the movement to liberate the Gurudwaras was spearheaded by on Teja Singh Samundari, a smart and sharp Sikh. During that movement to liberate Gurudwaras, he was jaile by the British, but the movement continued on. After a while, the British somewhat gave up, but offered to make the SGPC a sub-section of the government and run it with elections (like today). Teja Singh opposed this move heavily and stated that before the government was using Mahants as a method of controlling the Sikhs...now, they would be controlling the Sikh Gurudwaras directly. The SGPC did not listen to him...and we are where we are today because of that.

In an ironic twist of fate, the SGPC building was later named Teja Singh Samundari Hall... :yehyehyeh:

Coming back to the Bhai Ranjit Singh issue:

Respected Kulbir Singh Ji (regular poster at tapoban.org) has these views:

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.ppa?f=1...i=18137&t=18137

Jathedar Vedanti jee may be a puppet as Bhai Ranjit Singh accuses him to be but Bhai Ranjit Singh too disappointed sangat when he was the Jathedar of Siri Akal Takhat Sahib. He clearly did partialty when he cleared Jathedar Tohra of allegations that he had attended the Nirankari samagam.

Also, at this time Bhai Ranjit Singh is playing in the hands of Sant Samaj leaders like Bedi and I personally feel that SGPC is better off in the hands of Badal than going into the hands of Sant Samaj (Badal is lessor evil than Sant Samaj, in my humble opinion). We will see massive influx of Hinduism in Sikh Maryada if Sant Samaj takes over SGPC.

First of all they will excommunicate AKJ from Panth for not reading Raagmala.

May Vaheguru save Panth from evils of Sant Samaj. Because of his alliance with Sant Samaj, I don't support Bhai Ranjit Singh even one percent. Ihday naalon taan Vedanti hee changa hai.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

Anyone still supporting Bhai Ranjit Singh?

Interesting… I use to support Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh Jee before. But for the last couple of years he has gotten very close to Sant Samaj, because of which he has lost a lot of support. Back in the olden days he was close to the Babbars, infact I heard he even trained with them. I don’t understand why he has gotten so close to Sant Samaj recently. I hope he comes back to mainstream.