Death and afterlife

Guest Jo

Does the soul know what has happened,does it think about it's family etc or does it forget the memories etc from this life

Good point !

Yes, the soul or conscious is actually very aware of EVERYTHING. When I say everything, I mean it knows where it really wants to be and where it's brothers,sisters, children and husband/wife are at the moment.

Does it not feel bad or attached to leaving it's kids in pain and mourning ???

NO, it has clear intuition that they will be fine.

It knows that they will miss them...etc but they will get over it.

The fact is that the soul or conscious actually knows exactly what the truth is and what isn't.

It's only attraction and destination becomes the 'Supreme Truth and Supreme Conscious'

You probably wondering, How I know ALL this ???

You could say that I made an exit from this life and then came back !!

Believe me, it is ALL conditional. All this love and attachment for worldy people and things, just takes you further from the truth.

Guru Ji tells us when the baby is in the womb, it is meditating on Waheguru. When babies are born, they often sleep for extended periods of time. Are they really sleeping or are they still meditating?

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly who or where it says that ?

Is it a shabad ?

First,remember that only the human body needs rest and sleep because it is like a conductive piece of equipment that needs to kind of switch off from activity to recuperate.

However, the 'Conscious' never sleeps, which is why you are dreaming all the while !!

I don't think that the baby switches off, but it is in a constant state of meditation.

However, there is this theory or belief that the soul only enters after 40 days from conception- But we don't know how true that is.

If so, it would be meditating from that period

Guru Ji tells us when the baby is in the womb, it is meditating on Waheguru. When babies are born, they often sleep for extended periods of time. Are they really sleeping or are they still meditating?

Thats a Good Question... Shame i dont know the answer to it :p ( But i really do like the Question)

the family member had a 'vision'/dream' that his partner came to him and said it was time to join her,then passed away..

can this happen?will the soul of his wife be able to come and visit him?

do dreams have any truth in them,why do people dream?

i have the sakhi where guruji explains people who have dome good deeds,have bad things that would have happened to them reduced to dreams..

how about the really weird dreams people have ,is there any truth in them

the family member had a 'vision'/dream' that his partner came to him and said it was time to join her,then passed away..

can this happen?will the soul of his wife be able to come and visit him?

do dreams have any truth in them,why do people dream?

i have the sakhi where guruji explains people who have dome good deeds,have bad things that would have happened to them reduced to dreams..

how about the really weird dreams people have ,is there any truth in them

Yes, I have come across this happening quite often.

Although, I would ignore some of the old wive tales you hear from our bibiyan that when you start seeing dead people in visions, then it is time to die !!

-Ignore this nonsense, because some times a deceased loved one can be giving you a message.

Your conscious is always awake and active. It knows alot more than you think.

The consciousness or soul is locked with our bodies whilst we live.

We think our brain controls and influences our mind all of the time, -this is why we don't get to understand or simply be alone in our consciousness.

When we rest, our conscious informs us with messages and underlying problems that we may have in the form of dreams!

As for who you meet, that helps guide you across to the other dimension- I think it very much depends on who we think of as our personal guide.

For Eg.. When one meditates and is to think of one person only, then for some it may be a deceased parent, husband, wife or child....OR... it can be the Guru for a sikh, or Christ for christians..etc... INFACT it can be anyone that we feel obliged to.

I must stress, that as true sikhs, it should be the Guru in our case, even if we miss our deceased mother more than anything else on this planet.

...SO, what happens is that this 'ONE" person that you have naturally come to percieve as the missed one and the guide, is the one you see when getting over to the other side or dimension.

You see, this being tells you telepathically (without speaking) that it is time that you can go where they want you to go.

There have been many accounts where gursikhs have seen Guru Nanak ji and other gurus before they pass away.

On the other hand, there have been accounts of other not so religious folk or even atheists that have seen loved ones, idols like Elvis, famous figures...etc.... and who ever they admire or meditate on the most!!

No One knows or will ever know if it is actually that persons soul, or if it is God coming in that form ???

I have studied the studies done my many people, and No One can verify who it really is.

- BUT, remember, when we leave we want to be ONE and merged with God.

This means to lose all identity and be as one.

Therefore, I personally think that it is not the primary soul of the guide, but it is infact GOD, guiding you in the 'roop' that you have accustomed your conscious to !!!

If you meditate and do simran quite deeply, you will begin to understand what I mean hopefully !!

I too used to ask and wonder about the same questions you ask.

Guruji, does give you the answers and explanations in time, if it can benefit you.

After dying first you realize you are not the body, next you experience your mind and realize you are not the mind. Then you realize you are pure consciousness ( which is was having a human experience) in an illusion.

After dying first you realize you are not the body, next you experience your mind and realize you are not the mind. Then you realize you are pure consciousness ( which is was having a human experience) in an illusion.

it doesn't happen in stages, you actually realise that you are a pure consciousness straight-away !!

It ALL comes to you at once !!