Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

I have not seen my great grandfather, if someone gives me a picture painted of a sikh man and

says its your great grandfather will I take that picture.

Answer is No.

Family and Gurus are different domains. For a seeker Guru is above family.

Picture is a reminder about Guru sahib and not a true representation.

I hope you understand this.

Let me ask you a question. Do you respect shashters?

The quote accords utmost respect to our Guru sahiban.

Who are you to tell me NO about pictures.If you want to follow atheist agenda follow it but do not tell others

to follow it. Do you get it.

It has been written that respect is not idol worship.

SO THAT PROVES MY POINT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT TO SAY WHERE

AND THEN GO TOTALLY BONKERS BY CALLING OTHERS ATHEIST WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT OUT.

SO THAT PROVES MY POINT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT TO SAY WHERE

AND THEN GO TOTALLY BONKERS BY CALLING OTHERS ATHEIST WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT OUT.

I do not say that i am mr know all. But who are you to advise others about what and what not to do.

Learn not to write in capital letters as it is a sign of immaturity.

Guru Granth Sahib is true representation and reminder of our Guru's.

I hope you know this.

Not only guru Granth sahib but our second most sacred scripture Dasam Granth sahib,

sikh history and traditions, instituion of khalsa are all true representatives

of Guru sahibans life and acts.

Do you believe in shahsters.

Family and Gurus are different domains. For a seeker Guru is above family.

Picture is a reminder about Guru sahib and not a true representation.

I hope you understand this.

Let me ask you a question. Do you respect shashters?

OK so a picture is NOT true representation but a reminder ?

I agree, pictures remind me of who they were, what they did and mostly of how Akaal purakh is everywhere and not confined to anything.

Does this mean having a ear ring with ek onkaar or a tattoo like most young men is still respecting and fine ??

What do you mean by respecting shastar ?? you mean I should keep some and do shastar puja ??

What does a ''Double-edged'' sword or original khanda mean to you ??

I think that You GPSji have a tendenecy to label and judge everyone that disagrees with you as missionary !!

OK so a picture is NOT true representation but a reminder ?

I agree, pictures remind me of who they were, what they did and mostly of how Akaal purakh is everywhere and not confined to anything.

Does this mean having a ear ring with ek onkaar or a tattoo like most young men is still respecting and fine ??

What do you mean by respecting shastar ?? you mean I should keep some and do shastar puja ??

What does a ''Double-edged'' sword or original khanda mean to you ??

I think that You GPSji have a tendenecy to label and judge everyone that disagrees with you as missionary !!

I do not know if you are initiated or not.But when get initiated Panj piaras advise us not wear any rings. I thought you knew it.

Did i call you a missionary? Moreover i did not ask any question to you about shashters.Did i? If so please point out the post.

This question about shashters was posed to Gurdeep singh Johal.If you are representing him ,let us know if you respect shahsters?

7382988.jpg

Fresco-showing-Guru-Nanak-saving-Mardana

Dhan Guru Nanak Sahib Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib

Bhai sahib

No one ever said that picture of Guru sahibs should be worshipped. Showing respect to a picture of Guru sahib is to get inspiration as it reminds us about our Gurus.

But there are some who will distort it to suit their agenda. We know we are believers in shabd Guru and We do not need sermons from those who themselves do not know what is shabad Guru?

A sikh when doing simran focus on waheguru who has no form. Those who do not believe in simran( We know who they are) do not need to advise us about such things. It is an indirect way of showing disrespect to our Guru Sahibs.

I do not know if you are initiated or not.But when get initiated Panj piaras advise us not wear any rings. I thought you knew it.

Did i call you a missionary? Moreover i did not ask any question to you about shashters.Did i? If so please point out the post.

I'm sorry, but you posted questions on the public forum.

It doesn't matter who it was directed to as it was on the main forum, -if you want ask members directly, then you should ask via pm.

Do you have to be initiated to know about ear-rings or any other body dishonor which includes tattoos as well ??

I'm sorry, but you posted questions on the public forum.

It doesn't matter who it was directed to as it was on the main forum, -if you want ask members directly, then you should ask via pm.

Do you have to be initiated to know about ear-rings or any other body dishonor which includes tattoos as well ??

had you been initiated you would not have posed this question.Simple logic as you would have known it.

Thanks for elaborating on shahters. Do you respect shashters?