Say no to Guru's pictures

panthicunity

Guru Gobind Singh Ji says that He does not come under Dhyan i.e. that you cannot do dhyaan of Nirgun Saroop . Dhyaan me na aave jo...somthing like that.

Gurbani is sargun saroop of Nirgun. Even Waheguru Dhun, Shabad Dhun is Sargun Saroop of Guru Nanak, Moolmantar becomes Guru Nanak...ultimately you will still get liberated by having darshan of Guru Nanak, then you will go into Nirgun.

WIll you also avoid Darshan of Guru Nanak or will you guys says Baba Ji please dont show your image to me or dont give darshan ?

Am I right or wrong ?

How can you do dhyaan of Nirgun when you are just a beginner ?

I am only repeating what I have heard from tapes of Dhan DHan Baba Ishar SIngh Ji Nanaksar Kaleran Wale, and bachans of Baba Nand Singh Ji.

Did you know that the image of Guru Nanak was created on purpose by Baba Nand SIngh JI. He said that even though it is only a symbolic representation of Guru Nanak, meditating on the padam of Guru Nanak will help immensely in this dark age of Kaliyuga where we encounter dirty images in the form of TV and as soon as we step out of our house.

Even Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindran had similar discussion with Baba Ishar SIngh Ji Kaleran. Baba Ishar Singh Ji said that they are only doing this because the Guru instruced them to do so. Then Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji agreed to it being Gurmat. This first meeting happened at Hazoor sahib, and later on many meeting afterwards

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Dhan Guru Nanak!

waheguru

Baba nand singh recommended meditating on a picture of Guru Nanak dev ji didnt he? Its not idol worship if you ask me... I dont do any of that but seeing pictures around does help my mind focus and it invokes devotion.
i dont think we need to be so extreme about this stuff. strengthen what guru did say was important, simran, bani, seva, etc. and gurmat will blossom within us naturally. no need to tell other what to do, if you ask me. give these "problems" to guru and if its idol worship to you then dont do it but maybe it helps others come closer to Him.

Everyone should read Pargat Guran Ki Deh

http://www.nanaksarkaleran.com/pargatguranfinal

Not only I believe it answers about the picture, but also saying that our we are allowed to call our Gurus God as there is a pretty known quote of Guru Gobind Singh Ji saying "If you call me God, I will send you to Hell." It explains it all in the book which I thought was full of great gyan especially for youth so check it out.