When Karakoos would eat at a Villagers House

in our village bhai amarjeet singh billa stayed one night with his friends he was lt general of klf, though our village is next to his (begowal) and he even stayed in our farms something must have been going on tht night that they slept at ours, my grandpa told about how they were strict in sikhi asool, even when they ate they made sure nothing was jooth and when their water was poured they didnt want the jug of water to touch their glasses, they were strict about things....when they slept they were all in 1 room and had locked door from inside, that night the village was surrounded (not sure which forces of india surrounded the village) but my grandpa told the singhs and they told him not to worry and they would deal with it, they soon left without anyone knowing, the forces didnt find them either.

anyway ppl implying that singhs who went to ppls houses for shelter and food are police agents etc are totally wrong, for example bha billa came to ours and stayed in our kehta for periods of times ( 1 singh who with bhai billa for 3 seperate periods talks about the loving nature and chardi kala of these singhs) dont infer all khadkus to be bad if they go to people houses, yes there were some police cats doing the same and there were even cops doing same with bhai billa, robbing people on his name.

in begowal there was a older singh known as gyani who lived with his son, the mother had passed away, a thanedar who used to loot ppl found out that gyani had saved money for some time and though he was poor he had that saved money, the thanedar looted the gyani at his house and said he was billa from klf, my grandpa asked bhai billa soon after and he said he didnt do a thing, (doesnt make sense either robbing a neigbhor u grew up seeining in the area) that thanedar was later shot dead by bhai sahib...so next time ppl try to label all khadkus bad think again

Police agents did do what I said on the previous page, that doesn't mean real kharkoos didn't do this. Never did I imply that, I thought it was common knowledge that kharkoos did, but the cases where the families were treated ill by "kharkoos" were actually black cats.

As you said in your account, they were tyar bar tyar and GurSikhs.

My relatives who live in Amritsar and Gurdaspur had the good fortune of doing seva of many Kharkoo Singhs. They tell me that most of them were very young, late teens, early to mid 20s, and highly religious. When staying at night, they would spend almost the whole night doing Paath of which ever Bani they had Kanth(memorized).

Another time, one Kharkoo Singh was hiding from the police, so he hid in a Christian(isayee) family`s home whom he knew since childhood. They had him hiding and when the police asked them, they pretended they did not see any Kharkoo and the police did not search their home either thinking since they are Christians why would they hide a Sikh militant. When the police left, the Singh came out and highly appreciated the help of the Christian family and promised that if they ever need help they should consider him their son and he will help them.

Another relative I have tells me that once his family sent him with food and water to their farm to do parshada seva of Kharkoo Singhs who were their to spend the night. This relative of mine was only a teenager at the time. When going seva he says that once his water jug touched the glass of a Kharkoo Singh. The Singh saw this and immediately explained to my relative that when doing Parshada Seva of Sangat or Singhs it is important to keep sucham, and the jug must never touch the glass when poring water in it.

My mamiji told me a story about when they were young. Kharkoos had come to their house to stay (all very young as well) and my mami ji's mom had asked them to please leave because police started to come in and my mamiji and her siblings were all quite young. They left and had a mukabla elsewhere even though it wasn't in their best interest to do so.