Higher Studies in Sikhism

Gurpreet14

Ur suggestion is great :) but I want to do it through classes to build a routine....... N to stict to it.......

Thats y....I m asking for university... U know last year in the month of oct there was a short term course offered at Bangla sahib, @delhi....,

I even registered for it but didn't went to take single class.,.. I hate myself for this.... Now there is a urge in me to learn again....I want to enroll in it....... I want to study seriously...the max I can.... Thanks for suggesting sgpc option..

You are talking about gurmat college, mata sundri college.

They have three months course, they might be starting it now or in month check it out.

Its very good. Good speakers.

They even cover Gurbani grammar.

They have three months course, they might be starting it now or in month check it out.

Can u provide me link or contact details of this college?

You could do the 2-year SGPC correspondence course in Sikh studies. Have a look on here: http://sgpc.net/patter-vihar.html

Although personally I feel the best, most fruitful way to study would be to begin a Sehaj Path, you can even do it online, and slowly read and contemplate on one ang a day or a few angs a day. As you read one ang, then you can read the translations and then you can search online or read books or listen to katha of that ang or shabad to develop a deeper understanding.

And keep a notebook and then you can keep track of your progress and write down important points and shabads that stand out to you. Then eventually when you conclude the Sehaj Path you will have notes to look back and read through. I think you will learn the most this way, even if it take a long time. Sikhi is all about lifelong learning. Gurbani is an endless ocean of wisdom and knowledge, and as time goes by and you do more and more Sehaj Paths, each time you will learn countless new things that you didn't realise before.

Just checked this spgc link,.. This is gud option....I wil go for it... :)

Thanks dear thanks a tone :)

Patiala university provides a course in sikh studies.

True, the Patiala's university has good courses on Sikh studies, they are highly recommended. Another one is the Shaheed missionary college in Amritsar. They are the real and original missionary college approved by SGPC. All the other fake missionary colleges created after have only used and degraded the missionary name especially that Badnaam Ludhiana missionary college which has only produced naastic heretic minded (Dasvi Pass) professors and plus they are not approved by the SGPC.

I have heard this is good, especially the gurbani grammar part.

Nearly all of us don't realize the significance of gurbani grammar and what it means in different contexts.

I wish that I could understand and learn more about it.

I have heard this is good, especially the gurbani grammar part.

Nearly all of us don't realize the significance of gurbani grammar and what it means in different contexts.

I wish that I could understand and learn more about it.

Want to learn it.

Check Gurbani Grammar by Giani Amritpal Singh Ludhiana on youtube.

And make notes of it.

Will be easy to understand.

SGPC has one year correspondence course in sikh studies.....which was for 2 years previously....

N no lecturers as student use to face problem to reach their centres.... So u can enroll n give papers....

Its a good option...just a draft of Rs 100 n application form we need to send....they wil provide all the study material....

This option was mentioned by someone on this thread....thanks to him... U can get forms n more info from sgpc site....

Anyone interested can opt for it... I m optin :))

N if anyone knows any other options as well keep posting it here... Thanks :)