Cant' stop eating..

Ghulam Singh

I just have this one problem, and it really makes my folks and family upset at me is I cant stop eating..

Like I noticed it myself, I'll probably have like 4 meals a day, and then like I'll eat 10 apples, 3 bannnas and like 4 cups of milk in a couple of hours.

Does anyone have any recipes or I guess snacks that can make this hunger go away..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It does sound like you are over eating. 4 meals are no big deal but it depends whether they are the typical Punjabi meals like 4-5 rotiyan etc. If you're juts eating 2 rotiyan each meal then there's no problem.

If you're not then there may be a number of underlying problems which is causing you to overeat

1. Boredom - This can happen when you do not have a social outlet to expend your energy or there is nothing happening which can take you mind off from food. I get like this when there's no footy on TV!!

2. Stress and Anxiety - When you are stressed out or anxious eating becomes a distraction from having to deal with the problems that are causing the stress. Eating gives you a sense of control which can be otherwise lacking because you are under stress

3. Trying to quit a habit - this is usually when someone is trying to quit a bad habit like smoking or drinking.

Because these habits are oral, there is a tendency to try and keep you hands and the mouth busy hence overeating

4. Culture - Some ppl will overeat because their culture makes the evening meal a social event, you know the whole family sits together for probably the first time during that day and there is a tendency to drag out the time together by taking seconds or third helpings

5. Please Mum or the Missus - When we are young we tend to overeat because we want to show our mother that we enjoyed their cooking and our appreciation of her cooking. This then gets transferred to overeating in order to show appreciation of our wife's cooking.

Let me know which one you come under!

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh

I just have this one problem, and it really makes my folks and family upset at me is I cant stop eating..

Like I noticed it myself, I'll probably have like 4 meals a day, and then like I'll eat 10 apples, 3 bannnas and like 4 cups of milk in a couple of hours.

Does anyone have any recipes or I guess snacks that can make this hunger go away..

What's your height and how much you weigh? there are some health website online where you put ur height and your current weight and then they let you know whether you are over healthy or eating too much etc...

If you are healthy then don't worry.. its probably the age that you are in where your body requires more food for protien and so on..

Sat Sri Akal:

Balwinder Kaur Ji, let us not scare him!

:lol:

A simple calculation can determine your "appropriate" weight by comparing it with the "standard" height/weight ratio charts or calculation.

There is a calculator at this website, so that you and anyone else here can go and do a check.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

(Note the overly concerned teddy bear asking the question "Am I Fat")?