Darwinism

I have been thinking about this for a while and wanted to gage sangats opinion and understanding of whether evolution theory and Darwinism fits into Sikhi?

The reason being I attended a presentation attended by 100+ post grad academics at GNG Leicester where at the museum the presenter launched into a tirade against evolution theory and how it was against Sikhism. I have never really heard a learned Sikh (I am presuming he is one considering GNG employee him) speak so strongly against a theory that is generally accepted in the scientific world.

However - the individual did go on to speak against Nihang Singhs rehit etc and seemed to be disregarding the different groups and practices Sikhs follow... which lost the audience as most people in the room knew there were different rehits/Jathay...

Nevertheless, his views against evolution in Sikhism where particularly strong.. Was he correct in enforcing such a view so strongly? Is evolution and sikhi completely incompatible?

Evo_large.gif

Tree of life. Shows how all animals are linked together and how we are actually related.

We all share a common ancestor. Because of speciation, different species can split due to barriers (eg: geographical, a sea or mountains). These species due to natural selection may have to adapt to new enviroments etc.

Anyway, humans share a common ancestor with other monkeys and apes. We split off from there. If you don't believe in evoloution then you shouldn't get new flu jabs every year. If this wasn't true then bacteria wouldn't become immune to our drugs (anti-biotic resistance is becoming an increasing threat).

There is big flaw in Darwins theory of evolution. If we had evolved from Apes (as it is theorised), then there should be no human species before them. The archaeologists found human remains which were alive before apes. Do your own research for oldest remains of humans.

Darwin theory of evolution suggests that how animals have evolved over time. If you go way back to evolution of life, we are actually evolved from marine animals... Anyways, it is science. They are gathering information and putting pieces together. Specially if you study the genes involved in giving our body structure, they are shared among many organisms. which is cool and there are many other endless examples of evolution

I have been thinking about this for a while and wanted to gage sangats opinion and understanding of whether evolution theory and Darwinism fits into Sikhi?

The reason being I attended a presentation attended by 100+ post grad academics at GNG Leicester where at the museum the presenter launched into a tirade against evolution theory and how it was against Sikhism. I have never really heard a learned Sikh (I am presuming he is one considering GNG employee him) speak so strongly against a theory that is generally accepted in the scientific world.

However - the individual did go on to speak against Nihang Singhs rehit etc and seemed to be disregarding the different groups and practices Sikhs follow... which lost the audience as most people in the room knew there were different rehits/Jathay...

Nevertheless, his views against evolution in Sikhism where particularly strong.. Was he correct in enforcing such a view so strongly? Is evolution and sikhi completely incompatible?

No.. How i think of it is that after having bhog 84 lakh joons we have finally became humans... But this is only my personal view.... :p

Darwin theory of evolution suggests that how animals have evolved over time. If you go way back to evolution of life, we are actually evolved from marine animals... Anyways, it is science. They are gathering information and putting pieces together. Specially if you study the genes involved in giving our body structure, they are shared among many organisms. which is cool and there are many other endless examples of evolution

We came from single-celled creatures. So those cells became us. Our great X100000000000000000 Grandad was a cell. :D

But we also got some grandparents who lived in the sea. :p

We came from single-celled creatures. So those cells became us. Our great X100000000000000000 Grandad was a cell. :D

But we also got some grandparents who lived in the sea. :p

isn't it cool how Guruji works in mysterious way...He only know how and why he did it, we can only be amazed by his work :omg: and sing his praises. :strong: :waheguru:

i tend to believe most bits of the ancient astronaut theory.... evolution theory / Darwinism doesn't explain it all it only explains about 30% the rest is we all were created by beings far superior to us... the "gods" from vastness pf space for their own reasons. Who all come under the command of the oneness of Waheguru under his command everything operates.