Sikhs Seen As 'hate Crime' Targets In Us

JSinghnz

I agree with your post..i never said i m attuned to naam dhuni inside..i don't know this guy avastha in news..i better not judge...regarding third time love to give my self reality check slaps of my mind and ego...always have to keep mind on guard..for me mind thought going towards maya and bhog is bujjar kurihat.why only limit to 4 outer bujjar kurhait..after all its all demonic game of mind...mind needs to be disciplined in whichever way..in my case- facing panj works..without disciplined mind there is no sehaj avastha.

I agree the mind is where most of the kurehats occur, i think we all have this problem, whether we admit it to ourselves firstly is another issue, if we could control our minds we would be brahmgyanis, so lets pray and ask for mercy and forrgiveness and yes maybe not judge others

If you have a problem with somebody attending a Jazz club, then we probably going to beat Taliban in stupidity.

I don't think the music is the problem (I think), rather the alcohol issue which is quite understandable. It's nothing to be ashamed of if a person doesn't want to be around sharaab or in a similar environment no matter how mellow and non-kaam the music is being played in that location.

On a wider note, high-flying Sikhs are going to invariably find themselves in places such as these, as the modern working environment isn't limited to just office hours. There's a lot of stuff that goes on outside the 9-to-5 where, you could argue, the real deals, decisions and contacts are made. But not rolling in those circles (I'm a simple pendu boy, lol) I'm not in danger of frequenting such establishments, but I find it difficult to wholeheartedly condemn those who do. I'm sure we must appreciate there's a difference between drinking it up at a strip joint, and the kind of place where this Singh and his wife ended up spending the evening. I personally wouldn't do it myself, as I said, but I find I'm reluctant to cast-out those who do. :biggrin2:

Although not sure the Singh in Washington was cultivating contacts in the blues club. Just thought I'd make that clear before anyone chimes in with my oversight!

maybe ask Giani Sher Singh ji, the question is it iok for a singh to take his wife to a club

They will never ask Gursikhs these questions because they are scared of the answer and command the Gursikh will give. The answer is staring everyone in the face, but they refuse to follow the answer. As Gurbani says.....step in a room of filth and you come out blackened with the filth, which especially includes music. Just as an alcoholic does not know alcohol is bad for him in the same way these type of Sikhs are addicted to maya and they believe I can't be effected by it. Its a layer of maya over couple layers of maya that don't let them see how they are being affected by the maya. They believe they are superman, but they are zero.

The Punj Pyare tell us that our nitnem is our oxygen and can you ever preserve a breath and use it later on in the day? The breath is needed in that split second and is needed constantly throughout the day to keep moving forward on the path of Gurmat. What other music does the mind want to listen to when the Shabad Guru is the only accepted music? Sri Anand Sahib says the ears were created to hear the truth so what truth is in filth filled songs? What is the use of memorizing Bani when maya filled music is what a Sikh will run too? We don't memorize to repeat like a cd player, but to fill the heart with the best drug in the world that will please husband and wife.

If a husband wants to do good for his wife, then he would not take her where filth will stick to both. Today Singhs have become very weak and give up Gurmat practices to please the wife. What about your husband Lord, did you forget about him already for a worldly wife that will call you a demon once the soul leaves the body? Guru Sahib never said please the wife by giving into manmat practices. Instead he taught Singhs Gurmat ways to get a mind out of filth and color it with the words of Guru Sahib.

Did the husband take the lar from the bibi during Anand Karaj or was it the other way around? The bibi walks behind the Singh. If you can't guide your bibi, then you did not walk around a dead Guru four times. Go ask Gursikhs what to do and now it is the time to go to all the Sants in the world and ask them what should I do.

Sant Gyani Sher Singh ji is in Canada so go ask him. There we have it Gyani Sher Singh ji is a Sant now for his Canada diwans. :biggrin2: Now all the Singhs should be running to him with their wives to get his advice.

Sri Anand Sahib says don't listen to Kachi Bani, they can repeat Har Har, but it is Kachi Bani. I don't have Sants as my Guru, but have Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj as my Guru. The day a person can lead me to a Sant that can write Gurbani like Satguru. On that day I'll give my head to that Sant. Until then, my head is at the feet of Satguru and every person that calls themselves a Sikh is given the same order of dropping the head in Satguru's feet.

Thats good why write in english on forums, surely thats kachi bani on forums- sleep on your own advice mate ..please next time just write gurbani speak gurbani sing gurbani on forums other than that all is kachi bani and everyone of us is guilty of it speaking other than gurbani....hell this smiley face- :D is kachi bani ..:D.