Islam + Sikhi - The Differences

Singh559

Hi All,

Can u please explain why do we need religion, every religion says that there is one God, then whats the point of having so many religions. Why was there a need of a new religion to fight against Aurangzeb, couldn't it have been done by fighting a normal fight for freedom like Spartacus fought or like Indians fought against Britishers.

Another question - No disrespect for Sikhism, just clearing my doubts

What I have learned so far is that Sikhism was made to put an end to the forceful conversion of Hindus to Muslims, Guru Gobind Singh made a choice of following what he believed in. I have seen Sikh community forcing/emotionally blackmailing their children to stay Sikh, shouldn't they be given a choice to choose for themselves what/who they want to follow.

Hi All,

Can u please explain why do we need religion, every religion says that there is one God, then whats the point of having so many religions. Why was there a need of a new religion to fight against Aurangzeb, couldn't it have been done by fighting a normal fight for freedom like Spartacus fought or like Indians fought against Britishers.

What I have learned so far is that Sikhism was made to put an end to the forceful conversion of Hindus to Muslims, Guru Gobind Singh made a choice of following what he believed in. I have seen Sikh community forcing/emotionally blackmailing their children to stay Sikh, shouldn't they be given a choice to choose for themselves what/who they want to follow.

You have lot to learn about the greatest religion in this universe, Sikhism.

Hi All,

Your basic concepts are in itself wrong.Sikhism was not created to put an end to forceful conversion of Hindus to Muslim.

Sikhism started with Guru Nanak Dev Jee, and it is from here your study has to start (if you are any serious, else if you have other intentions), the false and dubious preachings of Pandits/Brahamans/Mullahs of that time, message of Guru Nanak to all via Dhur Ki Baani - GURBAANI.

You have a point when you say so many religions. Even if we have to reach a destination in today's world, there are multiple paths which even maps show, so what's an issue about multiple religions? Your concern seems to be particularly about why SIKHISM has come out as a religion, as it has been a concern to various other religious preachers in other religious institutions etc. whose bread and butter, which used to be on dubious religious preaching came to an end.

Why there was a need for a new religion to fight against Aurangzeb? Who told you a new religion was created to fight against Aurangzeb? I am just wondering if you are too naive to understand the basics of Sikhism and don't know the roots of Sikhism, or your intentions are different.

If we take your argument that Sikhs were created to stop for Hindus to becoming Muslims; why were Sikhs created then, were not Hindus able to defend themselves both spiritually and physically to convert to Muslims, which implies they lacked both spiritual and physical strength to convert to a different religion! :). This means becoming SIKHS gave them some special spiritual power with which they were able to accept death but not convert to a different religion. :).

The above argument of spiritual power and its applicability to stop of conversion is just one application of this spiritual power. This spiritual power via DHUR KI BAANI - GURBAANI AND GURU KI SEWA is strong, it stops conversion to any other religion, it takes you direct to Akal Purakh "One GOD", provides you with CHARDI-KALA "Win" in each and every goal you set up for one's daily life. IT IS NOT EMOTIONALLY BLACKMAILING, THEY KNOW THE HISTORY HOW WEAK SPIRITUALLY WEAK HINDUS WERE NOT EVEN ABLE TO ACCEPT DEATH AND ACCEPTED THEIR RELIGIOUS CONVERSION, AND HOW TO BECOME SPIRITUALLY STRONG SO EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE WEAPONS TO FIGHT, ATLEAST ACCEPT DEATH BUT DON'T ACCEPT OTHER RELIGION.

My own personal opinion is that the most fundamental difference is that one is a god-fearing religion and the other is a god-loving reliigion. Sikhs love god.

Islam, and indeed all 3 of the semetic faiths, claim they also love god but I don't see how you can love something or someone that you fear, Their whole concept behind Islam, Christianity and Judaism is based on fear.....i.e love god or you will be skinned alive in the fires of hell for all eternity, furious vengence of god etc. So how can you genuinely love someone you fear ? For me, that is akin to a wife being in an abusive relationship. She doesn't leave him because she fears him and when questioned she says she stays with him because she loves him and he loves her.

Sikhi, on the other hand, is all about love.

What I have known all my life is that Sikhism is a part of Hinduism, Guru Gobind Singh called upon 5 people (5 pyaras) and asked them to make a new force Khalsa to fight against Aurangzeb. People who started following Guru Gobind Singh have to keep 5 Ks (Kanga, Kirpan, Karda, Kachhiara and Kaish)

I can guarantee i do not have any foul intensions, I just want to know how can a person be close to God by taking on these 5 Ks. Why is this "Swaroop" of so much importance to be a Sikh. Why is it so important to keep hair? Why is that the Sikh community disgrace the person who questions its religious belief.

What I have known all my life is that Sikhism is a part of Hinduism, Guru Gobind Singh called upon 5 people (5 pyaras) and asked them to make a new force Khalsa to fight against Aurangzeb. People who started following Guru Gobind Singh have to keep 5 Ks (Kanga, Kirpan, Karda, Kachhiara and Kaish)

I can guarantee i do not have any foul intensions, I just want to know how can a person be close to God by taking on these 5 Ks. Why is this "Swaroop" of so much importance to be a Sikh. Why is it so important to keep hair? Why is that the Sikh community disgrace the person who questions its religious belief.

Sikhi isn't a part of Hinduism. In the 80s not only did the UK government recognize Sikhs as a separate religion but also a unique race.

Khalsa was created to uproot tyranny in all the ages to come. The martial tradition began from Dhan Guru Nanak Sahib and he passed down knowledge via baba Buddha ji to Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib. The traditions of the Khalsa began during the 6th Guru of martialiality and being a saint soldier to defend against tyranny.

Jadenbliss, welcome to the forum and hopefully you will realise the importance of following The Truth.

Lets adress your concerns:

1. Sikhi was not created to fight Aurangzeb. Aurangzeb came in the 17th century while Guru Nanak Sahib revealed Sikhi in the 15th century.
2. Aurangzeb was not the fight tyrant who was condemned by the Sikhs. Even tyrany Babur was condemned by Guru Nanak Sahib in 1521.

3. Sikhi was not created to protect Hindus. If Muslims were being persecuted in a Hindu rule, the Gurus would have defended the Muslims. We defend the opressed, down trodden and the ones too weak to defend themselves, regardless of religion. But since at that time the Hindus were being persecuted, the Gurus defended them, which makes it seem like a Hindu/Sikh vs Muslim thing which is completely false.
4. Sikhi can't be forced upon individuals, but usually the Prem forces us to accept Sikhi as the ultimate truth and be Sikhs.
5. The Vedas denigrate women, Sikhi doesn't agree to that. Hinduism has the caste system, Sati system, no widow remarriage, all of this is condemned by Sikhi, then how can Sikhi be a part of Hinduism? Ik Oankar annuls the belief in Hindu deities.
6. Guru Nanak Sahib had weapons too, the Sikhs before Guru Gobind Singh had kesh too. Sikhi has been there since 1469.
7. Saroop is important because we respect Waheguru and his Hukam. The first commandment in Guru Granth Sahib is to respect Wahegurus Hukam (Law of Nature), so we do not alter our bodies and keep our Kesh. The other K's have practical uses unlike the Hindu signs such as Janeu.