Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

Guest amritabhilakee

WJKK WJKF

I am already engaged but I am taking amrit before my wedding next spring, my spouse will take amrit later as she is not at the this stage yet. My question is can we eat eachothers Jhoot once we are married (after Anand Karaj in front of SGGS)?

Not asking if we can get married, just asking if we can eat each others jhoot... cuz punjabi culture has wedding ceremonies were couple eats in same plate... I mean if we are going to have a physical relationship, what is wrong with jhoot?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guru Ang Sang

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jhoot is there everywhere.... You drink milk which is a Jhootan of calf. Yoy drink water which is jhootan of aquatic animal. When you were in th womb of your mother, you were actually eating her

Shabash pa ji shabash. I am sure that our Guru Sahibs, who taught us to be the dust of the feet of all, who taught us that it is better to eat with the poor and righteous than eat with the rich and gr

If u love to argue hana and do kintu on rehat do so but don't go to me and my belifs okay! I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!" Etcetc! Just leave us alone, if

I dont think you can have sex. Panj pyare say not to have grist sambandh with non amritdhari. Which means if you are married you can't see that person as your partner. If that makes sense. Ie don't know about sleeping on same bed but none of that other stuff

Guest perwindersingh

not eat jhoot might save you from others illness..she might have some kind of spiritual bimari or more closer to five evils. there is

strong chance to be like your spouse nature. good to eat separately.

baki aap ji jinve uchit samjho

@amansingh- I follow a Rehat, this is not rules I have made. The Rehat Maryada (code of conduct) states that only Amritdhari -Amritdhari can eat together,if u think I'm wrong or biast chang fer, I'm not here to fight who's wrong or right. You think your right? Teekhya ur right kush reho Guru da Jaap karo

• Like 2

I dont think you can have sex. Panj pyare say not to have grist sambandh with non amritdhari. Which means if you are married you can't see that person as your partner. If that makes sense. Ie don't know about sleeping on same bed but none of that other stuff

Good point

WJKK WJKF

I am already engaged but I am taking amrit before my wedding next spring, my spouse will take amrit later as she is not at the this stage yet. My question is can we eat eachothers Jhoot once we are married (after Anand Karaj in front of SGGS)?

Not asking if we can get married, just asking if we can eat each others jhoot... cuz punjabi culture has wedding ceremonies were couple eats in same plate... I mean if we are going to have a physical relationship, what is wrong with jhoot?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guru Ang Sang

if you are single then you can take amrit however if you are married and turn up alone to take amrit, some, (not all mind you) will insist on your spouse taking it as well, or for the person to refrain from conjugal relations with the spouse until they have taken it. Some samprdayes are extrremely reluctant and will turn away abhilakis if they turn up alone.

the best thing is to take it together, because you are getting married soon anyway so why not wait and take it together?

Onto jhoot, you will be told you can only share food from the same plate with an amritdhari, so use your own intellect to see what you should do. Dont set yourself up for a fall if you can help it.

• Like 1

Of course you can eat jhoot from your spouse. We are not brahmins! I wonder how this hindu mentality has crept into our sikhs. There was I time when I was misled and ate only from amritdharees and out of Iron; never would consider jhoot from a non amritdharee as it would supposedly affect my naam kamaee :stupidme:

Now I have learnt my lesson. All I can say is

kUr ik®Aw auriJE sB hI jg

sRI Bgvwn ko Bydu n pwieE ]10]
The whole world, being in the grip of false ceremonies, has not known God’s secrets.