Sign in to follow this  
JSinghnz

Bandi Chhor Divas Diyan Lakh Lakh Vadhayian Hoven

Happy bandi chor divas everyone.

I also wish the same, but do we also remember when Guru Nanak Dev Jee left Babar's prison?

Bandi chor also highlights 52 kings being freed upon apar kirpa of Satguru. Here is more history behind this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandi_Chhor_Divas

• Like 3

I also wish the same, but do we also remember when Guru Nanak Dev Jee left Babar's prison?

This is also Guru Nanak Dev jee is it not?

• Like 3

and same to you and everyone else.

I think the day gets shadowed a little with the mainstream Diwali taking the spotlight.

Apparently, Bandi chor diwas was the 2nd most special day of the year for khalsa after vaisakhi as they would also plan strategies for the Sikh freedom struggle on this day along with the celebration.

You ARE right, They will gather twice a year to plan strategy.Even if there was enemity between some, they will leave all weapons outside

Harmandir sahib and hold sarbat khalsa.Both granths, SGGS ji and Dasam Granth sahib would be in parkash at sarbat khalsa.

http://patshahi10.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161:guru-mata-sir-john-malcolm&catid=34:english&Itemid=63

When Gurmata or great national council, is called, (as it always is, or ought to be, when any imminent danger threatens the country, or any large expedition is to be undertaken) all the Sikh chiefs assemble at Amritsar. The assembly, which is called the Guru-mata, is convened by the Acalis; and when the chiefs meet upon this solemn occasion, it is concluded that all private animosities cease, and that every main sacrifices his personal feelings at the shrine of the general good; and, actuated by principles of pure patriotism, thinks of nothing but the interests of the religion, and commonwealth, to which he belongs.
When the chiefs and principal leaders are seated, the Adi-Granth and Dasama Padshah ka Granth are placed before them. They all bend their heads before these scriptures, and exclaim, Wa! Guruji ka Khalsa! Wa! Guruji ki Fateh! A great quantity of cakes, made of wheat, butter, and sugar, are then placed before the volumes of their sacred writings, and covered with a cloth. These holy cakes, which are in commemoration of the injunction of Nanac, to eat and to give to others to eat, next receive the salutation of the assembly, who then rise, and the Acalis pray aloud, while the musicians play. The Acalis, then the prayers are finished, desire the council to be seated. They sit down, and the cakes being uncovered, are eaten of by all classes of Sikhs: those distinctions of original tribes, which are, on occasions, kept up, being on this occasion laid aside, in token of their general and complete union in one cause. The Acalis then exclaim: "Sirdars! (Chiefs) this is Guru-mata!" on which prayers are again said aloud. The chiefs, after this sit closer, and say to each other: "The sacred Granth is betwixt us, let us swear by our scripture to forget all internal disputes, and to be united." This moment of religious fervor and ardent patriotism, is taken to reconcile all animosities. They then proceed to consider the danger with whcih they are threatened, to settle the best plans for averting it, and to choose the generals who are to lead their armies against the common enemy. The first Guru-mata was assembled by Guru Govinid; and the latest was called in 1805, when the British army pursued Holkar into the Penjab.
(pages. 120-123)

*Sir John Malcolm (May 2, 1769 ‑ 1833) was a Scottish soldier, statesman, and historian. He held various distinguished posts, being Ambassador to Persia, Resident of Gwalior (1803-1804) and Governor of Bombay 1827-1830. He was the author of several valuable works regarded as authorities, viz., Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab (1812), A History of Persia (1815), Memoir of Central India(1823), Political History of India from 1784 to 1823 (1826), and Life of Lord Clive (1836)

• Like 4

Sarbat Khalsa ji nu lakh lakh vadiyaan hove, Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji miri piri de malik !!!

But Khalsa ji dont forget our saheeds Singhs, bibiyan, matama, and children who were being slaughtered / raped in delhi and other places in india over these days in 1984.

Sorry to put a downer on our celebrations but this is our truth.

Wjkk Wjkf !

• Like 4

I doubt it in Gurus times anything was celebrated with pomp and show .... Gurus told us to reamin eqaunimous through thick and thin

"Jo Nar Dukh Mein Dukh Nahi Maane | Kaanchan Maati Jaane || "

and

"Harakh Sog te Rahe Nyara"

The whole divali being bandi chor divas was a mahant concoction ..... and given our hindu roots it was too difficult to not celebrate this festival.

I doubt it in Gurus times anything was celebrated with pomp and show .... Gurus told us to reamin eqaunimous through thick and thin

"Jo Nar Dukh Mein Dukh Nahi Maane | Kaanchan Maati Jaane || "

and

"Harakh Sog te Rahe Nyara"

The whole divali being bandi chor divas was a mahant concoction ..... and given our hindu roots it was too difficult to not celebrate this festival.

You need to read sikh literature of that time. Bhat vahis describe release of Guru sahib,staying in Daroga's

house for the night and sangat celebrating it by lighting lamps.

May be after sometime,someone may come and say sikhi is a mahant creation .Already missionaries like jeonwala and kala

afghana chelas are saying there was no Amrit sanchar by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

• Like 3

Let us see what Bhat vahis say.It is recorded below

ਭੱਟ ਵਹੀ ਦੀ ਸੁਣੋ....
"ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਜੀ ਮਹਿਲ ਛੇਟਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਜੀ ਕਾ, ਸੋਢੀ ਖ੍ਰਤੀ ਚੱਕ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ, ਪਰਗਨਾ ਨਿਜਹਾਰਾਲਾ, ਸੰਮਤ ਸੋਲਾ ਸੈ ਛੈਅਤਰ ਕਤਕ ਮਾਸੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਪਖੇ ਚੋਦਸ ਕੇ ਦਿਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਬਾਵਨ ਰਾਜੋ ਕੇ ਗੈਲ ਗੜ ਗਵਾਲੀਅਰ ਸੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੁਏ"

"ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰੀਰਾਮ ਦਰੋਗਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰਬੰਸ ਲਾਲ ਕਾ ਚੰਦਰਬੰਸੀ ਜਾਦਵ ਬਾਹਰਤੀਆ ਕਨਾਵਤ ਨੇ ਬੰਦੀ ਛੋੜ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਜੀ ਕੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋਨੇ ਕੀ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਮੇ ਦੀਪਮਾਲਾ ਕੀ। ਏਕ ਦਿਵਸ ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰੀਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਮੈ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਗਵਾਲੀਅਰ ਸੇ ਵਿਦਾਇਗੀ ਲੀ। ਰਾਸਤੇ ਕਾ ਪੰਧ ਮੁਕਾਏ ਆਗਰੇ ਆਏ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਕੀਆ" (ਭੱਟ ਵਹੀ ਜਾਦਵਾਸਨ ਬਾਹਰਤੀਨ ਕੀ).

ਨੋਟ : ਦੱਸਣ ਯੋਗ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕਤਕ ਵਦੀ ੧੪, ੧੬੭੬ ਨੂੰ ਦਿਵਾਲੀ ਸੀ।

unquote

Now readers should read and ask disruptionists from where they get their information.

• Like 1