A Very Bitter Truth That Needs To Be Expressed

Mehtab Singh

A wise man once said:

"Foolish men talk of religion in cheap, sentimental words leaning on scriptures "God speaks here, and speaks here alone" Driven by desire for pleasure and power. caught up in ritual they strive to gain heaven but rebirth is the only result of their striving. They are lured by their own desires besotted by the scriptures words, their minds have not been made clear by the practice of naam simrana"

That about sums it up for most of the posters.

Point 1: What do you say about the 80s when certain famous sants and his acolytes were saying things like "dhotiwala" "topiwala" and "cow worshippers?" and a host of other derogatory and inflammatory terms?

Point 2: Dayanand conducted his greatest attacks against hindus and hinduism itself.

BTW, I highly doubt the major civilizations of the world - muslim, jewish, christian, hindu and chinese are going to be perturbed by some 18 year old sitting in his moms basement singing khalistani songs. The major civilizations of the world decide the direction of this planet everybody else just goes along including yourself. Your house of cards can be dropped by a single phone call.

UKL = Amandeep how can factually correct descriptions be termed offensive in the context of if someone wears a topi they are thus a topiwala (as is the case with proud Parsi surnames), dhoti was and is a beloved dress form for many corrupt politicians so what exactly is wrong about describing such wretched politicians as dhotiwale? Similarly, if corrupt politicians worship the cow as their Mother (whilst organising the Genocide of Sikhs at the same time) how can it possibly be offensive to accurately describe cow worshippers as Gau Mata pujanwale?

UKL = Agreed that Dayanand despised traditional Hinduism and that theorertically Arya Samaji's do not accept themselves as Hindu

UKL = However, coming to your statement about the so-called major civilisations. I say to you outright that the Muslim, Christians and Hindu civilisations are three of the the biggest cancers this World has ever seen! So what if the Christians, Muslims and Hindu's are the biggest populations ... as those populations were built off the back of the murder, slavery, rape, expolitation and discrimination. Granted that the Arabs and Christians are the most evil so-called civilisations of all but the so-called Hindu civilisation which sanctified discrimination in much the same way the Bible and Quran via Manu Smriti is something which has nothing to be proud of in its millenia of oppressing darker skinned adivasi inhabitants of India.

UKL = Babar the Mughal dog that ruled India and launched the Mughal dynasty in India. But you know who we Sikhs respect more? Bhai Lalo Ji. A simple honest God fearing man is worth more in our eyes than any royal scum. Guru Sahib teaches us that slaves and the poorest of the poor and the oppressed are worthy of more respect than the biggest billionaires or royalty. We don't give a damn about what civilisation or samaj deems to be the highest. Look into the background of the bravest of the brave whom we Sikhs respect ... Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji ... Bhai Sangat Singh Ji ... our Panj Pyaaray from south India, from Gujarat, from Orissa etc, etc and you will see that pure Sikhi turns on it head old society/civilisation lies about what is high or noble.

The world may be a global village with the biggest most powerful homes (s) being owned by the big boys. Everybody else join up or get trampled. Makes me wonder sometimes especially watching the arrest of this indian diplomat - within days the americans had arrested an alleged khalistani in california to make it up to the indians. It shows me that smaller kaums have no real say or at least limited say. Their interests go down the drain or are used as bargaining chips in the wider game played by the big boys.

Anycase...

UKL = I agree with you that long term it looks like that India or what remains of India will probably be forced to join a one world government in which Hindi is slowly phased out much the same way that Punjabi has been eradicated in Pakistan and Haryana, Himachal etc but is something to be so happy about given that it will be likely corporate players pulling the strings of such a one world government. I agree with that smaller communities which do not have a critical mass of demographic strength are likely to be trampled on in human rights term as we have seen with the Genocide of the Sikhs launched by Indira Gandhi and furthered by her minions. However, no matter what any bigger power may do to the Sikh Qaum we won't be defeated, we won't bow down and we will keep fighting until there is total equality for all mankind globally (Sarbat Da Bhala).

The true warriors of the 21st century are the political scientists, nobel peace prize winners, economic reformers, mathematicians etc..anything?

UKL = I agree with you on the above.

And kudos to bhai gurbaksh singh he used an old tactic to free the sikh prisoners and in turn has gained the respect of millions, including myself. Did it with his brain and body not AK-47s..a true warrior of the 21st century kind.

UKL = I personally don't believe in the satyagraha tactics when dealing with evil counterparties but like you I am totally humbled by Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji and his devotion, sincerity and level of self-sacrifice. However, you should be aware that Sikhi continually stresses upon peaceful means with forceful self-defence only a final option when innocent human lives are being murdered by Oppressors such as the Mughals, the British Empire or indeed the Nehru-Gandhi Empire.

UKL = Let me ask you a question Amandeep ... what do you see in Sikhi (not Sikhs) that is wrong and to the detriment of humankind and global justice, welfare, health and education? If there is nothing wrong that you can see with the philosophy of the Guru's, then why not ignore all the pathetic lies hype from the so-called big players, big houses, big civilisations who have murdered, enslaved and raped hundreds of millions of innocents and join the Sikh Panth (in contrast) to fight for the betterment of all? No one is asking you to keep your hair if that's what you are frightened of! But we need every man and woman on the planet that cares about global justice to join the Sikh Panth so that what Sant Puran Singh Ji achieved with Pingalwara can be replicated on a global scale to create a world free from hunger, poverty, disease, oppression and discrimination ... ie "Begumpura".

UKL = Mr AJ111 i put this to you as well, as I often see you putting a contrarian view to Sikhs.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you start justifying what you know is clearly wrong, you create for yourself a very slippery slope, down which you begin to slide before you reach previously unthinkable depths. Every successive evil action is worse than the last since anything can be justified under the above mindset.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhaji, Wise words... which apply to all unjust actions against innocent Sikhs.

I hope you don't mind if we use these words in a web page or two...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhaji, Wise words... which apply to all unjust actions against innocent Sikhs.

I hope you don't mind if we use these words in a web page or two...

Of course bhaji, no need to ask.

The concept belongs to Sikhi, anyway, not to me... :) :)