Caste System

Son of Scthia

Oh wow, alrite so I have a question, is Maharaja Ranjit Singhs misl considered a Sikh misl....the guy wasnt even Sikh he was ex-communicated, yet he still names his kingdom a Sikh kingdom, he still puts Sikhi ahead of all.

The whole thing behind being Jatt is sticking to who you are and what you beleive, its something that is very hard to find among other groups such as Sainis, look at how many Sainis are Sikhs? Whats the number 40%? 30%? Jatts number in and around 90%. You guys are taking that associating yourself to being Jatt is to say, hey your a nobody, your cheap, your whatever. This is not true.

Being Jatt is about being a Sikh, to recognize your faith as your code of conduct, however Jatts do not wish to inter marry between other groups, which is NOT AGAINST SIHKISM now lets use Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought. Why do you guys discriminate? Are they not humans? Are they not equal? This is not a question of being superior, its human nature.

Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Recognize the human race as one". Well when you guys start marrying people that dont practice Sikhi and show us how much you follow the Gurus words, I'll stop calling myself a Jatt. People that dont practice Sikhi are humans right? Treat them as equals please :TH:

There is NO DIFFERENCE of marrying people based on relegion or marrying people based on their race, and Jatts are a race, how can you justify one over the o

ther? Kindly Explain :wub:

This is why you hear the term Jatt Sikh as oppose to terms such as Ramgharia Sikh or Tharkhan Sikh...these terms are practically unheard of.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aioght im tired of you're Jatt blah blah blah now..

Oh wow, alrite so I have a question, is Maharaja Ranjit Singhs misl considered a Sikh misl....the guy wasnt even Sikh he was ex-communicated, yet he still names his kingdom a Sikh kingdom, he still puts Sikhi ahead of all.

The whole thing behind being Jatt is sticking to who you are and what you beleive, its something that is very hard to find among other groups such as Sainis, look at how many Sainis are Sikhs? Whats the number 40%? 30%? Jatts number in and around 90%. You guys are taking that associating yourself to being Jatt is to say, hey your a nobody, your cheap, your whatever. This is not true.

no u don't get it, Sikhs don't CARE the LEAST whether they'r Chamars Tarkhans or Jatts - cause they got no Social tatus their only social status is KHALA

end of discussion

nothing more nothing less!

Being Jatt is about being a Sikh, to recognize your faith as your code of conduct, however Jatts do not wish to inter marry between other groups, which is NOT AGAINST SIHKISM

it is, cause then their treatign it

liek a CASTE

now lets use Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought. Why do you guys discriminate? Are they not humans? Are they not equal? This is not a question of being superior, its human nature.

no in SIKHI it's PHORBIDED to marry interreligiosn but because according to SIKHI theirs no importance in SOCIAL STATUS, thers no thing as marryign inter-social status :doh:

Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Recognize the human race as one". Well when you guys start marrying people that dont practice Sikhi and show us how much you follow the Gurus words, I'll stop calling myself a Jatt. People that dont practice Sikhi are humans right? Treat them as equals please :TH:
In the end of the day, no1 carers whether u call urself a SIkh or a jatt - NO-ONE

but a SIKH would never call himself/herself a JATT but only a SIKH

remember what Guru Sahib ji tells us? -

jwxhu joiq n pUChu

jwqI AwgY jwiq n hy ]1] rhwau ]

jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae ||1|| rehaao ||

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

There is NO DIFFERENCE of marrying people based on relegion or marrying people based on their race, and Jatts are a race, how can you justify one over the other? Kindly Explain :wub:

meri mat thori Raam, ^_^ read above what Guru Sahib ji tells us :D

Sikhs don't consider race/caste anything - it doens't EXIST, if it does then why u even bother to take Kahnde bate di Pahul if ur stilla a JATT and not a SINGH

rolleyes.gif

This is why you hear the term Jatt Sikh as oppose to terms such as Ramgharia Sikh or Tharkhan Sikh...these terms are practic

ally unheard of.

brother u ne4ed to udnerstand tha Guru ji dones't CARE

Dharm rai wont say - oh ur a jatt aight go to Sachkahnd in gate number 4 rolleyes.gif

on the opposite he will send u to 84 lakh joon for believe in this in-equal system

Inter religious marriages are different ti inter'race' rolleyes.gif

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

"Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought. Why do you guys discriminate? Are they not humans? Are they not equal? This is not a question of being superior, its human nature."

There is NO DIFFERENCE of marrying people based on relegion or marrying people based on their race, and Jatts are a race, how can you justify one over the other? Kindly Explain :wub:

This is my argument, you havent explained it at all, I'll post again and wait what intellectuals like Bijla and Khalistani have to say about this.

Sat Sri Akal:

Ranjit Singh also was not strict to the Rehat. He practiced polygamy and married a Muslim woman, even after almost bring punished by Akali Phoola Singh Ji. He is not someone to portray as an ideal Sikh.

The reality of people calling themselves "Jatt" in India is that they do not allow "Chamars/Chooras" to even enter "their" Gurudwaras. In the U.S., I personally have seen people using caste labels to put another Sikh down and made this a point in elections for Gurudwara management. So at least one person (me) knows that it is true.

Your point about marriage does not click. What does being a "Jatt" have to do with marrying a Sikh? A Sikh can mary any Sikh, regardless of what their ancestor's ocupation was hundreds of years ago. Caste is after all, based on occupation. As per the excuse that a "Jatt" has a different mentality than others...a Sikh is bound to follow the same Rehat as other Sikhs, regardless of their "castes", so they are all striving to the same goal in mind as well. There is no room for a "Jatt", "Tarkhan", or other mentality in Sikhs...there is only the Gursikh mentality.

Lastly, saying that since all other Sikhs are marrying according to their "caste" affiliations does not excuse a Sikh from following the ideals of Sikhism. It is like saying that because everybody lies, then it is acceptable in Sikhism to lie. The goal of a Sikh is to be true to the word of the Guru and rise above the world's garbage, not to immerse yourself in it.

Your point about marriage does not click. What does being a "Jatt" have to do with marrying a Sikh? A Sikh can mary any Sikh, regardless of what their ancestor's ocupation was hundreds of years ago. Caste is after all, based on occupation. As per the excuse that a "Jatt" has a different mentality than others...a Sikh is bound to follow the same Rehat as other Sikhs, regardless of their "castes", so they are all striving to the same goal in mind as well. There is no room for a "Jatt", "Tarkhan", or other mentality in Sikhs...there is only the Gursikh mentality.

Jatts reject the caste system. Jatts are a race. Your whole caste talk is garbage to me; castes are assigned occupations, Jatts are assigned to nothing. Talk about race.

"Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought. Why do you guys discriminate? Are they not humans? Are they not equal? This is not a question of being superior, its human nature."

"There is NO DIFFERENCE of marrying people based on relegion or marrying people based on their race, and Jatts are a race, how can you justify one over the other? Kindly Explain"

I await Khalistani's and Bijla's views.

let's begin this moorakhs 250'th post ( tongue.gif )

with some Gurbani ^_^

jwiq brn kul shsw cUkw gurmiq sbid bIcwrI ]1] 

Social class and status, race, ancestry and skepticism are eliminated, following the Guru`s Teachings and contemplating the Word of the Shabad. ||1|| 

jaat baran kul sahsaa chookaa gurmat sabad beechaaree. ||1|| 

Jatts are a race. Your whole caste talk is garbage to me. Lets talk about race.
what about it

you talk ur garage about races yeah?

how about this

take a genetic test of ur self and compare it to a 'non-jatt' Panjabi and see what u get!

If u wanna be so scientific do this - go and do some research on Scientific sites such as pubmed etc, and see which 'race' is in north east India - no mention of JA

TT - aryans are surely mentioned - no mention of Jatts :T:

u need to udnerstand that theres nothing as a JATT RACE, go and do soem research - some scientifc research not some some pind da munda told me rolleyes.gif

"Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought.

No

Why do you guys discriminate?
CAuse Gurmat Rehit Maryada Says tha inter-religion marriages are banned.Read Gurbani it will confirm this

Gurbani will not mention anything about races but the quote on the top of this post :wub:

Are they not humans?

no1 said they weren't humans. Most i.e Muslims wouldn't marry Sihks or Hindus - are we not humans? rolleyes.gif

Are they not equal?
they are - but different cultures, and hence the kids tend to get confused whether they belong to i.e either hinduism or SIkhism

of not i doubt the Guru's would forbid it :D

This is not a question of being superior, its human nature."

no it's not, Huamn nature has nothingf to do with it. If a muslimlike Sai Mia Mir ji would want to marry a Sikh bibi, i doubt any1 wouls say no, it's about adjustment for Kids etc

"There is NO DIFFERENCE of marrying people based on relegion or marrying people based on their race, and Jatts are a race, how can you justify one over the other? Kindly Explain"
jwiq brn kul shsw cUkw gurmiq sbid bIcwrI ]1] 

Social class and status, race, ancestry and skepticism are eliminated, following the Guru`

s Teachings and contemplating the Word of the Shabad. ||1|| 

jaat baran kul sahsaa chookaa gurmat sabad beechaaree. ||1|| 

^_^^_^

Page 1198, Line 2 -- Guru Nanak Dev ji

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...lish=t&id=51531

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

what about it

you talk ur garage about races yeah?

how about this

take a genetic test of ur self and compare it to a 'non-jatt' and see what u get!

If u wanna be so scientific do this - go and do some research on Scientific sites such as pubmed etc, and see which 'race' is in north eat India - no mention of JATTt - aryans are surely mentioned - no mention of Jatts think.gif

u need to udnerstand that theres nothing as a JATT RACE, go and do soem research - some scientifc research not some some pind da munda told me rolleyes.gif

Pind da munda sources eh? This is why I'd rather talk to Bijla or Khalistani but alas, enjoy this bit of reading you illiterate nin-kumpoop.

I suggest you actually read some books please; Aryans originated in India and went out and then came back, you do your research and then talk please. Jatts are from Scythian invaders(originated in eastern Europe and Central Asia), to be more specific they actually come from Massagetae tribes, "Massa" meaning great, "getae" pronounced jatae. - Source, Dr. Babar Singh Dhillon, History and Study of the Jats, Prof. Desraj History of Jatts 1935.

Scientific:

Phsyical evidence shows us that Jatts are the tallest ethnic group among Indians, they also possess eye colour variations that could not of possibly originated in India(I am a living example of this, I have blue eyes myself), Last names such as Mann,

Gill, Kaila, Bath, Sara, Rai, Saund, Dhillon etc. can be found all over western Europe...coincidence?

Truth be told, there is no such thing as "Aryan" it simply means noble in Hindi.

If you look at the Nature of a "Caste", you will notice that its spread throughout India. Eg Caste consists of professions divided into four Categories called Varnas. The Caste System, in its present form, is further based solely upon birth. Thus, as per Caste Rules, Farmer Profession is categorized under Vaisya Category (Varna). And Remember that as per Caste SYSTEM in its present form, this is to be based upon Birth i.e. Farmer's son MUST ONLY be Farmer if Caste System has to be maintained. This point will further be used as a rebuttal in proving how Jatt is not a Caste. Now talking about Ethnicity, you will notice that Caste is not Ethnic in nature at all. Eg a Priest living in North of India will belong to a Brahmin Caste and a Priest living in South of India will also belong to Brahmin Caste. THERE IS NO ETHNIC SIMILARITY HERE. In the same way, NOTE VERY CAREFULLY that a Farmer of North India will be a Vaish and a Farmer of South of India will also be a Vaish. This Logic leads us to conclude that IF Jatt is a Caste (assuming the proposition that Jatts are Farmers) then Jatts must also be Present uniformly throughout India, (just like Brahmins) the land where Caste System is present. But observation tells us that Jatts are only present in Punjab, Haryana and parts of Uttar Pardesh. This gives an Ethnic Nature to Jatt Identity strongly proving the case that assumption "Jatt means Farmer" is false and thereby further concluding assumption that Jatt is a Caste is False too.

RACE PRESENCE: It should be noted that this discussion is yet not concerned with Historical viewpoint and raciological and archaeological study of Jatt History. Its just about rebuttals to how Jatt is not a "Caste". What it is then, is a matter of study that will be made in further papers.

Caste is present in differe

nt Races. Eg Priestly Caste Brahmins are present in South Indian Dravidian Race as well as in North Indian Races. If its assumed that Jatt is a caste, why then are there no Jatts in, lets say, Dravidian Races? Again, the Ethnic Nature Rebuttal further strengthens this point and further helps this rebuttal in making yet another point in how Jatt is not a Caste.

FUNDAMENTALS OF CASTES: All the fundamentals, rules and regulations of Castes are goverened by Religious Law Books such as Manusmriti written by a man called Manu. All of these books are part of Hinduism, written by Hindu Mystics. Two thirds of Jatt Community does not follow Hinduism and thereby Manusmriti, that defines and regulates the basic backbone of Caste System holds no relevance for this two thirds of Jatt Community who are not Hindus but are Jatts. Yet another strong rebuttal as how Jatt is not a Caste.

Find me Jatts anywhere else in India besides Haryana, Punjab, UP, I will full heartedly admit that Jatts truly are a caste and I am WRONG....now go prove it.

Jatts reject the caste system. Jatts are a race. Your whole caste talk is GARBAGE to me; castes are assigned occupations, Jatts are assigned to nothing. Talk about race.

Again your post presents no argument since you beleive Jatts are a caste, I will post again and await for real intelects such as Bijla and Khalistani:

Answer this down below:

regards,

ohmy.gif

cant belive what im reading,

"Sikhs as an example, how many of you are married, or are going to marry a non Sikh person? Yeah thats what I thought. Why do you guys discriminate? "

what the f's this all about. marrying a non sikh is different, there are a Number or conflicts, 1 is sikhi doesnot allow it.. We had all this crape with the bbc radio show. Im not against say a western sikh marrying a Panjabi sikh.

Marrying out side Sikh raises conflict. when u have children how will they be bought up, etc

Well, Jatt culture is different too, so how can you get married to a non Jatt and expect to raise your kids the same way? If this is your only argument please present something more then raising enviroment. If marrying out of relegion raises conflict so does race, you cant justify one being more wrong then the other. Although relegion is more important then race, race is still plays a huge role does it not?

"Son of Sythia" - Sythians being the ancestors of the "Jatts" of Punjab, so says literature.
- MS514, finally someone responds with some knowledge on Jatts.

Keep going, I really just want to hear Khalistanis and Bijla's views.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

dj singh jio ..... Shiromani Golak Prabandhak Committee cannot do anything about caste

only Maharaj ji can do something about this ......... so we need to ask for sumatt from Guru granth Saahib Maharaj ji so that we may feel pride on being sikh ........

kala afghana party gathers support that sikhs still follow caste system & thus bipran ki reet ......

only Mahara ji can save us by uniting us once again

as THEY kept us united during 1469-1699 & afterwards too

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!