Caste System

Son of Scthia

It seems some members are stuck on various caste's, etc. it has been said time and time again, there are NO CASTE SYSTEMS in SIKHI. THE CASTE SYSTEM was abolished by Guru's. So get over it, and dont label shaheed's such as Shaheed sant baba Deep Singh with any caste, cause they where true Gursikhs.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 349

jwxhu joiq n pUChu jwqI AwgY jwiq n hy ]1] rhwau ]

jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae ||1|| rehaao ||

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1372

copy of shabad. You will find many referances. I am not debating, this just informing, i am not perfect I just think all need to be reminded.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 597

jwiq Ajwiq AjonI sMBau nw iqsu Bwau n Brmw ]1]

jaath ajaath ajonee sa(n)bho naa this bhaao n bharamaa ||1||

His caste is casteless; He is unborn, self-illumined, and free of doubt and desire. ||1||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2272

Let us not get stuck on this cycle of caste system,

search the word caste on www.sikhitothemax.com , ull get lo

ad of shabads

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

"Son of Sythia" - Sythians being the ancestors of the "Jatts" of Punjab, so says literature.

"It is not wrong to be proud of your ancestors as long as you are not discriminating against other groups."

Well, that is what the caste system is...a system of discrimination. What else does a person mean by "I am a Jatt" or "I am a Kshytria". The very implications behind these statements is to assign yourself and others roles that are subordinate or superior to another human being.

My and your ancestors before Sikhism were lined up in the streets so that Muslims could spit in their mouths at will. The Mughals trampled your and my ancestor under the hoofs of their horses as our "superior brethern" the Kshytrias, sworn to protect the Indian subcontinent, sold their daughters on the Mughal slavery market. It is the very caste system that cowed the people into the lowly cowards they were and made India to be raped by foreign invaders time and time again. Casteism made India slaves...Sikhism made India free.

Always remember that it was Sikhism that raised the dirt of India to the Kings of the Land, not castes. People strut around flaunting castes these days, forgetting that their ancestors would have had their tongues cut off for reading the Vedas and their ears filled with molten lead if they heard the utterings of the Puranas.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

veer je

son of sythia

this is from that other thread about sant je on wickepedia

so, based on wat u say, the sodhis, who are khatris, have a right over our entire guru leinage

and chamaurs have a right over bhagat ravidas je

they were sikhs

thas it

rsingh has proved his point

guru gobind singh je even said whoever even asks another person their caste, they are not my sikh

so was the point in asking right?

were not discriminating

according to that logic

its wrong to even have a caste system

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

u all r quite right... castism was one of the practices guru Gobind Singh sahib himself abolished............. :wub: .but its so sad that v have not been able to eradicate it even after 300 years of formation of khalsa..............

it's do disappointing...... :D

Well i think the reason for it is the management committees of sikh community.......... there is no clear cut policy.... no.gif

the surname is the real cause . blush.gif

now it won't matter for sarbat khalsa...if i say that i won use my surname...........as the caste systemm will still prevail..

So it is in the hands of SGPC... who can ban the surnames... or atleast make it mendatory for all sikhs getting amritdhari to discard thier caste based surnames........ grin.gif

Fateh :TH:

Man!!!!!!...this is something urgent SGPC should look into

Either ask us all to drop our surnames and let SINGH be ur only surname or develop another sysem of surnames which is not caste based................................ :TH:

Well said rsingh I rate you. Only parents believe in the caste system. I think that the caste system will go in the next generation because us kids don't really care about the caste system. Also we need to change every Gurdwhara's name that has Ramgharia because that is not sikhi. Is their any way we can change the Gurdwhara's names that have Ramgharia in?

grin.gif as far as ramgarhia ...................is concerned

though i am not a supporter of it,.......... but i must tell u it is not a caste.................

Ramgarhia is one of the misals(files) created during anciant times... ...... grin.gif .......This misl was named after the fort of ramgarh Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia was the prominment figure of this misl who did a lot for the khalsa panth....... .........The two Ramgahia Bungas at Durbar Sahib glorifies the achievements of this misl........... So nameing any gurudwara as ramgarhia is not a matter of caste......... but it should not be encouraged as no other misl names Gurudwaras on their name...... and if that is done it will lead to factionism.......... wacko.gif

This is one of the many misls.......

Shukracharia misl..... which later on proved to be the strongest in the later period ........ was able to form the first sikh kingdom .........and that was of Maharaja Ranjit Singh....

:wub:

Now the down side is that the ramgarhia misl in present day consist mainly of castes like tarkhan .,...Lohar... and other skil

led workesmen and craftsmen........and the castes based on it..........these ppl do not know about the Ramgarhia misl and relate themselves to worshipers of Vishwakarma and many of them even go to Vishwakarma temple on vishkarma day after Diwali.....................

So we need to educate them that they are sikhs of Ramgarhia misl and they should not bind them in the prevailent caste system.......... :e:

When Gobind Rai Became Guru Gobind Singh

what filthy beings are we that we continue to be Gills and Bhamras and Maan and Sidhus....etc etc............

let us all be sikhs and not Jats, Takhans And Chamars

Just feel proud to be Sikh