What Are Sikh Views On Dinosaurs, Neanderthals And Evolution

Guest History

What Yug where dinosaurs/ Neanderthals part of?

I thought the yugs weren't real and it 's all about our mind ???

<<<<learn this from some other post recently>>>>

any how,.. is lak chaurasi as singh598 says about reincarnation or evolution.

I thought this is all reincarnation and forms of life>>>>cuz i thought the evolotion business is about how man came and evolved from ape/monkey..

>>>even though we still got a major bandar alive on the forum :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: >>>>>

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the Sikh View on the following topics.

Do you beleive Dinosaurs existed?

What are Sikh Views on Neanderthals?

Do Sikhs beleive in Evolution? If so, what is the reason for the huge time gap for humans to arrive since the Earth's Inception.

For the topics of dinosaurs and neanderthals, I shall leave it for the historians to answer it better.....

And for your third question, if sikhs believe in evolution?

I would say, yes naturally do we believe in it. There is no other way or logic. But the evolution we believe in, and is evident, is about ruhaniyat or spiritualilty.

Evolution means progress.

But progress in which field?

And from where to where?

As said above, the progress is reffered to Parmarath.

And it is from this mayavee creation(And, Pind) where we are binded with heavy chains, towards our home, towards our objective Parbraham (Sach Khand) Wahiguru, who is the embodiment of pure bliss, knowledge and consciousness..

So in that way, as long as we have not merged our surtees in Him, there is always a desirable scope for evoution, which is fully achieved only, when the highest point is reached, from this our level, to His level.

Satnam Satnam Satnam Jee.

Dhan dhan Satguru, Waheguru Jee

Guest _Karandeep_

Singhbj singh:

Species go extinct all the time. They are replaced with new variations all the time as well. The number, 8.4 million, can remain constant even though some species, like dinosaurs, die out because there are always new species to replace their original place.

Also, birds evolved from dinosaurs, so you could kind of say they aren't extinct!

Nobody has yet answered my original question.

This being a youth orientated forum i was expecting some sort of answer regarding Neanderthals and how they fit into the Sikh belief seeing as most of you are from the west and have probably been asked about this.

Regarding Dinosaurs and the time delay for humans beginning to exist, going from the responses received am i right in assuming the general consensus is that evolution is all part of God's Command/Plan?

I look forward to your responses.

Singhbj singh:

Species go extinct all the time. They are replaced with new variations all the time as well. The number, 8.4 million, can remain constant even though some species, like dinosaurs, die out because there are always new species to replace their original place.

Also, birds evolved from dinosaurs, so you could kind of say they aren't extinct!

Every now & then scientists discover a new species.

They can confirm a number which is well short of 8.4 million life forms.

So there is no way to know which one has evolved.

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the Sikh View on the following topics.

Do Sikhs beleive in Evolution? If so, what is the reason for the huge time gap for humans to arrive since the Earth's Inception.

Yes dinosaurs did exist, as you can see from the fossil records and you local museum will have few fossils on display. As for the Sikh Dharma, not mentioned anywhere.

Nothing. Not mentioned anywhere within the Sikh Dharma. As for science, Neanderthals were part of the evolutionary line of species. And did co-exist at same time as Human beings.

Again, not mentioned anything regarding the Sikh Dharma.

This huge time gap for Humans, can you provide more detail about this time gap. The Evolution period from our ape ancestors to Human species, there’s billions of years of evolution. It did’nt just happen in 100’s or even 1000’s of years. Just think about in this way. The earth is 4.5 billion years old and if you transfer that time in a 24 hour clock, our time as human species, is less than a millisecond.

javan kal sabh jagat banaio dev daint juchchan oopjaio adi aunti aikai avtara soei guru sumjhiayho hmara (9)

He, Who is the Creator of Time and the Universe, also created the angels, demons and yakshas. He alone was in the beginning and will also be at the end of the Time. He alone is my Guru.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CuriousMan

But what was the point of having dinosaurs? Humans are the only species that can contemplate God so why not have them here earlier?

Why create so many billion empty planets with no life?

Why have black holes?

These are questions that no one has answers to.

But what was the point of having dinosaurs? Humans are the only species that can contemplate God so why not have them here earlier?

Why create so many billion empty planets with no life?

Why have black holes?

These are questions that no one has answers to.

Everything happens according to the timeless one's will he has created millions upon millions of stars, planets , lifeforms,. perhaps the dinosaurs and plants were needed to create the fossil fuels, and black gold that we plough in the fields ...is it necessary to waste valuable breaths on speculation just live in this breath .