Do Vegetarian Sikhs Have Poor Diets

deepsinghmangat

as ive states muscle recovery amongst vegetarian professional athletes is a lot better then meat eating athletes

getting your protein needs met through vegetables is far healthier and makes athletes stronger and better then getting protein from meat

problem is a lot of vegetarians don't get their protein needs met and are out of shape they are either super skinny or obese

MOST SIKH VEGETARIANS HAVE A HIGH CARB LOW PROTEIN DIET one of the reasons for diabetic problem in the community

a lot of vegetarian Sikhs are super skinny

SIKHS NEED TO BE EDUCATED HOW TO EAT PROPERLY AND GET THEIR PROTEIN NEEDS MET IF THEY WANT TO BE VEGETARIAN

Most sikhs think that the food pyramid for them contains the categories mithai, chatpatta te namkeen, on top of veggies, fruit, grains ,dairy, and Fats (nuts and seeds)

the bibian with rampant androgen hormones evident from their facial hirsuitism ...is a prime sign of permanently high/rampant blood sugar levels . I know my body did start the same due to gestational diabetes only controlled by switch to raw vegan diet no salt, no grains, no dairy, minimal fats (avocado or hempseed) .

Everybody needs to STOP SOYA ...it is not healthy, it is highly allergenic, mucus forming (so bad for asthma sufferers), hormone interfering...mostly GMO no benefits only downsides.

need to control the quantity and quality of intake because exercise can do only so much ...

honestly going raw vegan is the quickest way to regain health and it is totally bibeki...

the protein thing ...you body grows at the fastest rate during first year of life and primary source of food is breastmilk , human milk is max 6% protein we won't need more than that ever ...

I'm impressed by your knowledge jkvlondon. Are you a doctor /nutritionalist ?

Can I ask, and I ask as a layman, the way we Punjabis actually cook the vegetables in our sabjian, are we actually killing the nutrients by overcooking it ?

definitely...(that is why you should have raw veggies as part of your diet every day) if not overloading on the fats during Tardka ...best fats meaning health wise for our diets are Ghee and coconut oil .I make my ghee from scratch from grassfed organic butter the only brand I reckon is worth it is yeo valley as I know their care for herds includes no unnecessary use of antibiotics (they use homeopathic treatment as first call) or steroid control of milk production so none of that poison passes through the milk into the cream and therefore into us and our kids.

Use minimal fats , cut tarkda finely lots of fresh ginger , green chillis, garlic , cut sabji into small pieces so cooks faster , remember tinned tomatoes are precooked during canning ,veggies are blanched before freezing so really just need to thaw and heat through/reduce the juices. Use the natural water in the sabji to steam it to completion.

worst combination of food to eat is high starch/sugar and fat as the fat prevents the blood sugar from normalising , and when blood sugar is high inflammation is there in the tissues and damage is occurring

Problem is most vegetarian Sikhs are not really vegetarians but are grainatarians.

I agree plus the last fifty years the type of wheat that we are consuming is more starchy and less protein rich than those our ancestors ate in India and throughout the East , that's why I would try to stick to ancient grains like Kamut, Einkorn for chapatti flour and reduce the proportion of grain based carbs to vegetable based carbs to almost 30:70 remember dhal are legumes .When farmers here want to fatten livestock they use GMO corn and wheat based feed , if the livestock were left to their own devices they would prefer the green plant diet which would keep them leaner and healthier.

The ancient gladiators and armies of Rome and Greece would live on Barley grain , in fact there were mutinies when Barley was not available to eat only meat ...these guys knew that their health, power and strength was best maintained by the vegan diet rather than meat (which made them lethargic and have less stamina , endurance during hand to hand combat) ... it is a fact borne out by generations of army men all round the globe and should be taken into account by ourselves if we wish to be in fighting condition.

I would encourage all Sikhs to eat more raw vegetables, particularly green leafy vegetables such as Kale and Spinach. I am not talking about Saag, but actually eating it in it's raw form if possible.

If you find this difficult, I would suggest investing in a decent blender/juicer such as Vitamix or Blendtec. If you find these too expensive, purchase nutri bullet and make yourself a green smoothie.

It does not take too long to make and you feel great afterwards.

I would encourage all Sikhs to eat more raw vegetables, particularly green leafy vegetables such as Kale and Spinach. I am not talking about Saag, but actually eating it in it's raw form if possible.

If you find this difficult, I would suggest investing in a decent blender/juicer such as Vitamix or Blendtec. If you find these too expensive, purchase nutri bullet and make yourself a green smoothie.

It does not take too long to make and you feel great afterwards.

if you slice kale finely it makes a good salad