What Jews Have In Common With Sikhs

Big_Tera

What are you talking about?

What do you mean "What are you talking about" ?

I made it clear in the message. You said "Jews are the most educated and wealthy minority group in the whole of the UK" and then went on to lecture us about generalising. I then reminded you how official UK government statistics show how the UK's large ultra-orthodoxx (hasidic) Jewish community throughout north east London (stamford Hill etc) is officialy the UK's poorest community with the UK's lowest rate of education and highest rate of reliance on state benefits (that's because they want to pray all day and not work).

Thus, I reminded you of the paradox of your original message where you told us not to generalise, before you generalised yourself.

And that, my friend, was what I was "talking about".

I think the main similarities Sikhs have with Jews is that we are the only 2 religions in the world that dont actively try and convert/force other people, which is something the Jews should be comended for. While in other faiths it is greatly ingrained to spread their faith, in our religions we are strongly against any kind of conversions or spreading our faith

True that Judaism does not proselytize. One might argue that is because they believe they are the chosen people and to hell with the rest but I think its probably something to do with the fact that their faith teaches that theirs is not the 'only way' to reach the kingdom of heaven. In this regard, forgive me if I've got this wrong (and I think I might have) but isn't Sikhism by definition a proselytising religion because we believe that becoming amritdhari is the one and only way to reach mukhti ?

I made it clear in the message. You said "Jews are the most educated and wealthy minority group in the whole of the UK" and then went on to lecture us about generalising. I then reminded you how official UK government statistics show how the UK's large ultra-orthodoxx (hasidic) Jewish community throughout north east London (stamford Hill etc) is officialy the UK's poorest community with the UK's lowest rate of education and highest rate of reliance on state benefits (that's because they want to pray all day and not work).

Thus, I reminded you of the paradox of your original message where you told us not to generalise, before you generalised yourself.

True that Judaism does not proselytize. One might argue that is because they believe they are the chosen people and to hell with the rest but I think its probably something to do with the fact that their faith teaches that theirs is not the 'only way' to reach the kingdom of heaven. In this regard, forgive me if I've got this wrong (and I think I might have) but isn't Sikhism by definition a proselytising religion because we believe that becoming amritdhari is the one and only way to reach mukhti ?

Veer ji

it would be more accurate that we believe one has to have a Guru, give bhet and gain naam then amrit....and that is how all eastern religions models work , probaly the semitic faith too if you look closely however the semitic faith made the mistake of thinking the Naam too holy to utter ...this really perplexed me as a kid when I heard it . Yahweh is the Naam for jews (no J in hebrew) Moses is their Guru I suppose because he brought the naam and the rehit into being. Yeshua /jesus is Guru for Christians same naam. Muhhamed is the guru of the muslims and their Naam mantra is Allah.

Christians and Muslims and Hindus can receive mukti if they follow the guidance in the GGS too that's written on how to achieve oneness within their religion.

Guest Jacfsing2

Jews have a country, Sikhs don't.

Jews hate non-jews, Sikhs do not.

Jews believe in "chosen-people",Sikhs have no concept.

Jews are not trusted, Sikhs are by the ones who knows us.

No Jewish leader has given their life for a non-believer, Sikhs have Guru Tegh Bahadur.

Jews believe in Abraham, Sikhs do not.

Jews only love Israel, Sikhs believe in "Sarbat Da Bhalla".

Do I have to go further?

Guest Jacfsing2

No they don't. Jews come in all shapes and variety. Some are good some aren't. How can you generalize against an entire people like this? I've met plenty of kind jews.

Israel Apartheid!

Israel Apartheid!

This issue is not as black and white as you are making it out to be.

It's unfortunate what happened to Palistinians. But Jews have the right to a country of their own. In 1948 when hundreds of thousands of Palistinians were expelled from Israel, at the same time a similar number of Jews living in middle eastern countries were also expelled and they moved to Israel. The difference between the fate of the two groups of refugees is that while the Jewish refugees were welcomed in Israel and settled down, the Palistinians were not welcomed by Arabs in the many Arab countries through out the middle east. They continue to live the life as refugees in the Levant nations even after so many decades. Palistinians are the only Arabs in the entire middle east who are denied citizenship in Arab countries because they know that once the Palistinians are settled down, then they will have no conflict left with the Israelis. So they let this issue remain like an open wound demanding that all the Palistinians refugees and their descendents be allowed to resettle in Israel, which will result in Jews becoming a minority in the only Jewish country in the world and the Jews will never let that happen.

This is the history of that region for the last 2000 years. This small piece of land has been won and lost repeatedly between members of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religions. We should just remain neutral in this conflict since it does not concern us.