Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

I am puzzled veer ji , apne vadde Veer Sahibzahidey sadh jiwadey nahin marde because of their pooran prem and union with Akal Purakh , why should December be gloomy ? sure we should strive to improve our conduct and follow where they laid the path to achieve life's mission, should we not be celebrating their triumph over evil , their unshakeable faith and while being introspective declare to the world our Guru Pita and piare Veer's love was supreme for their beloved Khalsa . It should inspire and fire us up with confidence that they loved that way, I do not feel it is fitting to be sorrowful it almost seems ungrateful, that we aren't taking the torch handed to us and lighting the world around with prema Bhagti and Truth. Everyday of the year , our brothers and sisters died to uphold the panth why not honour that kurbani by doing what they expected and ensuring the panth stays together and strong??

Of course Penji, our Shaheeds are Eternal, these are times of bravery, Where we reflect and become better Khalsa! I meant Gloomy in the aspect of the Deception of the Dushts,

ALso I was thinking in the context of the Hardships our kaum... I recalled this sakhi while writing this

It is briefly mentioned... Couldn't find Punjabi Version Though :blink2:

Also my main aim is that, we tend to get caught up in these celebrations and forget about ALL the history in these times!!! End up being happy gathered around a tree, and neglecting the bravery of our Singhs and Singhneeia! !

Hope that clears it up a little!

Hi,

My post was not directly aimed at you, it was directed at several which included racial remarks. It did not sound nice in context.

having a Christmas tree is not a 'ritual', there is no day or time scale one has to have it, it only exists in Uk, US, Canada, English speaking western countries.

In other european christian countries like Italy and Spain christmas is on another date!

I see no harm in someone regardless of what their opinions are to spend time with family on a day when most people do not work. I also see no harm in presents, as that has nothing to do with religion. Again, most orthdox christian and european countries do not even give presents this is a english speaking country after the saint and Christmas is another date...

Equally then to sikhis who worship hindu gods, (idoltry), who have statuses pictures etc in their houses, as do celebrating hindu celebrations and celebrating cultural non religious indian pagan celebrations alike Christmas.

There is a great different between culture and religion. I can admire most religions for what theu are and have full respect for them, however I can sometimes not say the same for cultural.

Its not nice to see people on here attacking christmas, this again is not written about yourself but at other people, one individual who said that due to sikhs celebrating christmas their daighters run off with goras.

Thats something you would see on a fanatic website.

Jesus is not a prophet. Christians do not have such a thing only muslims use 'prophet' but I know what you mean...

Jesus is not a prophet. Christians do not have such a thing only muslims use 'prophet' but I know what you mean...

Please refer to your comments in bold.

You may see no harm in presents and that is your prerogative.

But Sikhs have nothing to with your presents giving "rituals" during Christmas.

Find some time to know about our religion and you will soon find that Sikhs (not sikhis)

do not worship any Hindu gods (idoltry), nor have "statuses" pictures etc in their houses, nor celebrating hindu celebrations and celebrating cultural non religious indian pagan celebrations alike Christmas.

If you need any clarifications, please feel free to ask. Do not make pointless assumptions about our religion.

Please refer to your comments in bold.

You may see no harm in presents and that is your prerogative.

But Sikhs have nothing to with your presents giving "rituals" during Christmas.

Find some time to know about our religion and you will soon find that Sikhs (not sikhis)

do not worship any Hindu gods (idoltry), nor have "statuses" pictures etc in their houses, nor celebrating hindu celebrations and celebrating cultural non religious indian pagan celebrations alike Christmas.

If you need any clarifications, please feel free to ask. Do not make pointless assumptions about our religion.

Always straight to the point no Sugar Coating Lol :cool2:

I am not making pointless assumptions I am making personal observations of family members and friends..... Clearly what the point I am trying to make is some people are hypocrites they practice one thing and preach another. They call themself a sikh but have hindu god shrine in their home, they eat meat they drink alcohol or they put cultural practices before ones religion.

I am not making pointless assumptions I am making personal observations of family members and friends..... Clearly what the point I am trying to make is some people are hypocrites they practice one thing and preach another. They call themself a sikh but have hindu god shrine in their home, they eat meat they drink alcohol or they put cultural practices before ones religion.

WJKK WJKF

That brings me back to the point that many people profess to be something like a Sikh, Christian, Muslim or Jew. However if you wish to see what the religion teaches people to be like, go back to the original source, in this case the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji, the Ten guru Sahiban and the mahaan shaheed of the Khalsa kaum.

These evil things are surely the devil's handiwork. These things with trunks sent to tempt us. And those digusting branches they have that stick out are, I am sure, phallic symbols designed to lead us astray. And they are sneaky tricksters too. A certain season comes and their leaves fade away and fall off, in order to make us think they are dead. But really they are just pretending because the next time we look, in another season, those leaves are back on again. Its all a dirty trick they play to confuse us, so that they can corrupt us.

I really do think its time we stopped wasting time and resources fighting injustices and genocide and instead we all join together to fight this true evil that is causing the main problem to our community : Trees.

^ Christmas Trees are not a problem for strong Sikhs out there who may partake in some harmless customs that the English have. But not all Sikhs are strong. There are many vulnerable and weak Sikhs out there.

Its time we send out a strong message to the youth and give them a strong example to follow. Kids are very aware of their surroundings.

To many gorafied Sikhs out there as it is without putting up Christian crosses on trees in a Sikh household.

I have got nothing against having a few drinks on Christmas and having some turkey. But there is a limit that we should not cross no pun intended.

and that red line is putting up trees ect.

I can understand the older generation doing it many years ago as they were naive and didnt know what they was doing. Thats when the world was a different place. now regions are becoming extreme many Christians are targeting Sikhs and Hindus in Punjab to convert them.

Lets not be foolish and put up tree's. Kids get influenced by this kinda stuff.

As I said eating some roast is one thing putting up decorations and tree's is what a foolish person would do.

These evil things are surely the devil's handiwork. These things with trunks sent to tempt us. And those digusting branches they have that stick out are, I am sure, phallic symbols designed to lead us astray. And they are sneaky tricksters too. A certain season comes and their leaves fade away and fall off, in order to make us think they are dead. But really they are just pretending because the next time we look, in another season, those leaves are back on again. Its all a dirty trick they play to confuse us, so that they can corrupt us.

I really do think its time we stopped wasting time and resources fighting injustices and genocide and instead we all join together to fight this true evil that is causing the main problem to our community : Trees.

How about a Sikh compassion angle ...why destroy a jiv to adorn our homes for a week or two ? surely that is a form of paap because there is no need to do so, and buying a cheap plastic one is worse because it is built by exploitation of the poor . To live in truth is what we seek and the truth is trees indoors for any reason is manmat and it is worse to do it for a religious/cultural reason

How about a Sikh compassion angle ...why destroy a jiv to adorn our homes for a week or two ? surely that is a form of paap because there is no need to do so, and buying a cheap plastic one is worse because it is built by exploitation of the poor . To live in truth is what we seek and the truth is trees indoors for any reason is manmat and it is worse to do it for a religious/cultural reason

How about throwing your same argument back at you: Why assume that plastic tree is built by exploiting the poor. I'm sure the people that work in the factories that make the trees, decorations etc etc are hoping and praying that people won't stop buying them because if they do, they will be out of a job and their children will have no food.

I asked before, but all of you tree haters ignored it, the question was this: As you are anti-xmas tree simply because of the christian roots of christmas (even though 99.99% of the UK don't even see anything christian about christmas) why don't I see any of you showing the same zeal against neck-ties ? (given how the roots of the neck-tie are also christian)

Some of you, middle class members of the WI and a few old pensioners are the only people left alive in western Europe that still equate xmas with Jesus and Christianity. The rest of us didn't even think of the connection before you put it into our heads. Its nearly 2015....Not 1942. get with the programme. You're the only ones that even think of Jesus. Stop trying to protect the Sikh 'children' when the children don;t even make the connection you 1940's dwellers are making. The only ones putting Jesus into their heads is you. Stop making the exact same mistakes the previous generation of Muslims in the UK have made.

If you wanna see how confused you're making the young 'uns just take a look at the previous message, from a young fella among us. Earlier in this thread he was quite happy with trees, like the rest of us having never associated xmas with christianity, but you guys have now created a young man that thinks like this: This is what he said:

I have got nothing against having a few drinks on Christmas and having some turkey. But there is a limit that we should not cross no pun intended.

and that red line is putting up trees ect.

Happy now ? :nono: