Do Afghan Sikhs Mix With Punjabi Sikhs In Marriage?

mrggg123

I didn't say anything about them as people. I personally know many of them and think they're lovely people (my next door neighbours are afghan sikh). I merely told you, and evidenced you with, 4 facts: they marry their cousins, are short and were never deemed suitable for military combat and freely inter-marry with Hindus. So what did I say that was wrong ? :wow:

Which Hindus you mean?

Most of the Jatts I know are not even Sikh today, they marry and have secret relationships with their cousins, have secret relationships with them, and run away with their cousins and hide their faces after cutting their beard and disguise in different characters.

As for their habit of first cousin marriage, a recent in-depth study of the arora and khatri sikhs in pakistan found that 26% of them marry their first cousins, another 29% married their second cousins.

http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Journals/JSS/JSS-10-0-000-000-2005-Web/JSS-10-3-153-238-2005-Abst-PDF/JSS-10-3-153-157-2005-179-%20Wahab-A/JSS-10-3-153-157-2005-179-Wahab-A.pdf]

Yea that maybe the 1 that i read a while back, cheers.

Which Hindus you mean?

Most of the Jatts I know are not even Sikh today, they marry and have secret relationships with their cousins, have secret relationships with them, and run away with their cousins and hide their faces after cutting their beard and disguise in different characters.

You wanna change your group of friends. The people 'you know' are clearly not of the quaility that the rest of us 'know'.

Have you tried hanging about in respectable places where you stand a better chance of meeting respectable people ?

Most of the Jatts and Ramgharias I know have married their own cousins and their children are disabled as well.

Why are unsavoury types attracted to you so much ?

I get the impression nearly everyone you know in your life is some type of retrobate.

Do you know anyone good ?

You wanna change your group of friends. The people 'you know' are clearly not of the quaility that the rest of us 'know'.

Have you tried hanging about in respectable places where you stand a better chance of meeting respectable people ?

Why are unsavoury types attracted to you so much ?

I get the impression nearly everyone you know in your life is some type of retrobate.

Do you know anyone good ?

Most of them are like that, truth is bitter.

99% of Jatts trim their beard and create a funny clown like physical appearance. It is even worse than a natural disability, but is definitely a mental disability emanating from root DNA.

Remaining of them just get rid off their Head Kesh as well, wear a huge turban occasionally for pretending within society, remove that turban in an highly insulting way within a group of people, twisting it around showing a deep disgrace to the Turban given by Guru Maharaaj.

99% of Jatts I knew when I was in Patiala, Sangrur and Bhatinda had secret relationships with their cousins in their "KHETS/FARMS", but pretended to be High-Class Jatts with 6Feet physical height and strong physique. Used to have deep doses of drugs and used to say "Burra we are Jatts, driniking Smack, having Daaru is Jattan di Shaan".

Truth is bitter, but it is.

I don't know if you classify the above mentioned group of people as Sikhs or they are worse than Sehaj-Dhari Sikhs "who are known as Mona Sikhs, but do seva day and night in Gurudwaras".

Guest Jacfsing2

SikhSangat.com admins can you please put a stop to this casteist dscussions on your website as per your policies

and give a warning to the trouble makers who constantly spoil the atmosphere here on any thread with their hindu

caste oriented mindset.

I agree with you.

SikhSangat.com admins can you please put a stop to this casteist dscussions on your website as per your policies

and give a warning to the trouble makers who constantly spoil the atmosphere here on any thread with their hindu

caste oriented mindset.

I agree with you, What is this Sillyness. this is SIKH SANGAT! No some crazy caste website!

• 9 months later...

You're confusing 'some' Pakistani Sikhs with Afghan Sikhs. Whilst all of Afghanistan's Sikhs are Aroras (with a sprinkling of Khatris), and most of Pakistan's Sikhs also Arora, there are some Sikhs that live in the remote valleys, especially the Tirah valley, of the North West Frontier of Pakistan that are ethnic pathan. Historically, the ones found in Peshawar old town etc were all aroras but lately, as the Punjabi Taliban have made life hard for the remote valley Sikhs, many of those ethnic pathan Sikhs have migrated into Peshawar and the towns.

A little background here, although aroras are technically Khatris, Punjab in terms of business and trade was divided up between those 2 groups. Khatris had what we know as Punjab proper, i.e Lahore, Rawalpindi, Amritsat etc whilst the whole of south west Punjab and the north west frontier was the preserve of the Aroras. So the Aroras had Multan, the mountains, Peshawar etc, and from there they expanded westwards into Afghanistan and Zahedan in Iran (and as far north as Turkmenistan).

Aroras generally have a body build very different to other Sikhs, abd for that reason they were strictly banned from joining the army as they were seen as extremely poor soldiers.

As for their habit of first cousin marriage, a recent in-depth study of the arora and khatri sikhs in pakistan found that 26% of them marry their first cousins, another 29% married their second cousins.

http://www.krepublishers.com/02-Journals/JSS/JSS-10-0-000-000-2005-Web/JSS-10-3-153-238-2005-Abst-PDF/JSS-10-3-153-157-2005-179-%20Wahab-A/JSS-10-3-153-157-2005-179-Wahab-A.pdf

However, all historical accounts of Khatris and Aroras generally, in Punjab and India, have made clear that first cousin marriage is the norm with them, and as 80% of their group are Hindus, inter-faith marriage between them and Hindus is the norm. In fact, going back to the earlier point, Major Barstow, in his Handbook for military recruitment specifically mentioned how both khatri and Arora Sikhs should never be recruited because they "marrry freely with Hindus" so make very poor fighting men, as they 'half-sikh-half-hindu'.

https://archive.org/stream/AHistoryOfTheSikhs-Volume21839-2004/AHistoryOfTheSikhsSecondEditionVolume2--kushwant-singh-english_djvu.txt

jagsaw you sound you belong to a stupid cult, no wonder taksalis ajks and nihangs all probably hate you

Guest Jacfsing2

jagsaw you sound you belong to a stupid cult, no wonder taksalis ajks and nihangs all probably hate you

He's part-true in the fact that people marry their relatives just to keep caste, (not Afghan Sikhs as Afghanistan doesn't have caste in the same way indians do).