Do Afghan Sikhs Mix With Punjabi Sikhs In Marriage?

mrggg123

Guest Jacfsing2

Because they came from India and moved to Afghanistan and kept that system with them.

The Afghan Sikhs I've personally seen don't look like Indians or even Punjabi at all, (they look like their own people).

I don't think we need to make too much noise about this here in the UK.

Give it just one or two generations we are going to have major changes to the norms of marrying in this country - changes for the better in my eyes. I think the cousin marrying thing will die out, and more and more people of different castes will marry. It's already happening actually.

I think the Afghans will catch up in a generation.

Give it just one or two generations we are going to have major changes to the norms of marrying in this country - changes for the better in my eyes. I think the cousin marrying thing will die out, and more and more people of different castes will marry. It's already happening actually.

Even the middle-class, upwardly mobile Pakistani Muslims in the UK who are currently going off to uni (and possibly those who've recently graduated) are deadly against cousin marriages, I mean like vehemently so. Not sure whether they can do anything about it, lol. I think the situation might be different for their inner-city, working class counterparts in places like Bradford, etc.

The reason I think that this cousin marrying happens in the Afghan Sikh community (Arora based) is probably because they are traders.

Traders being mercantilists like to retain their fortunes so they "keep it in the family" so to speak.

However, if future generations move out of their traditional trading professions then I would reckon things would change.

• 4 years later...

I have read comments that it's compulsory among Arora Sikhs to marry their First Cousins.Seriously, are you guys mad, I am also an Arora..What you are talking about is a lie...The truth is such marriages used to happen 1 in thousand marriages & that also long ago, when science facts were not popular among normal people.In last 30-40 years you won't find a single case as since then people have become aware. Also, haters of Arora community have tried to portray as if this used to happen only Among Aroras, which is the actual scam, This practice was prevalent among all punjabi castes 30-40 years ago like punjabi jatts which is the biggest panjabi caste, panjabi brahmins, panjabi khatris etc etc.Rahul K.Arora +919649903883 India call me if you want any clarification, I am the most knowledgeable guy on Aroras you will ever come across, Also call me if you want to know why we are targeted by haters bcoz we are very successful.