Do Afghan Sikhs Mix With Punjabi Sikhs In Marriage?

mrggg123

He's part-true in the fact that people marry their relatives just to keep caste, (not Afghan Sikhs as Afghanistan doesn't have caste in the same way indians do).

Thats not true. They don't marry their 'relatives' "just to keep caste", the aroras (the Afghan Sikhs one finds in Southall etc) and to some extent the Khatris, marry their first cousins, i.e chache's son, pooahs daughter etc, because it is part of their culture to do so. It they simply wanted to "keep caste" then obviously they would marry their daughter off to another family of the same caste. No. They do it because they like doing it and see nothing wrong with it. Its up to the rest of us to be brave enough to point out the sickening and obscene insestous nature of it without the fear of being labelled 'casteist' by some Sikhs.

Guest Jacfsing2

Thats not true. They don't marry their 'relatives' "just to keep caste", the aroras (the Afghan Sikhs one finds in Southall etc) and to some extent the Khatris, marry their first cousins, i.e chache's son, pooahs daughter etc, because it is part of their culture to do so. It they simply wanted to "keep caste" then obviously they would marry their daughter off to another family of the same caste. No. They do it because they like doing it and see nothing wrong with it. Its up to the rest of us to be brave enough to point out the sickening and obscene insestous nature of it without the fear of being labelled 'casteist' by some Sikhs.

The bigger question is why they have the "Indian" Caste System if their Afghans?

5939447006_94acd3de94.jpgAroras are not ethnic pathan.

brother i agree but there are some sikhs in the kyber pakthwan area who are native pathans and sikhs. I dont know if this is true but i believe so as they are very different complextian from us and arent punjabi indian at all.

above example could get away with being greeks

brother i agree but there are some sikhs in the kyber pakthwan area who are native pathans and sikhs. I dont know if this is true but i believe so as they are very different complextian from us and arent punjabi indian at all.

above example could get away with being greeks

I hear about this Pathan being descended from Greek malarkey before.

A lot of these Bactrian-Greek kingdoms were in North Afghanistan, Kyber is Afghan - Pakistan border.

Shah Rukh Khan is an ethnic Pathan, does not look Greek to me.

I think there is another reason.

I hear about this Pathan being descended from Greek malarkey before.

A lot of these Bactrian-Greek kingdoms were in North Afghanistan, Kyber is Afghan - Pakistan border.

Shah Rukh Khan is an ethnic Pathan, does not look Greek to me.

I think there is another reason.

true but im just wondering whether theres ethnic peshawari sikhs from there who are prehaps muslim converts or maybe hindu or buddhist from gurus times.

would the other reason be to do with british?

true but im just wondering whether theres ethnic peshawari sikhs from there who are prehaps muslim converts or maybe hindu or buddhist from gurus times.

would the other reason be to do with british?

Maybe.

There is a part of Pakistan that is called Kaffirstan and a lot of these tribes still believe in their animist traditions. They have red/brown hair and have green/blue eyes.

In North West China lived a tribe called Tocharian with red hair and different coloured eyes. They have found well preserved mummies. I would not be surprised if some of the Pathan or folk from North West frontier are related to this lot.