Hindus Wearing The Kara

Guest Sanatani

There is no mispronounciation, I will follow whatever way my Sri Guru jis use in pronounciation, but I am just saying that Om and Onkar are both names of ParaBrahman, and writing 'Ik' symbolizes the Oneness of God. It essentially means the same thing. If it means something different you can use that philosophy with how Vishnu is regarded as Bishan or something else. Om is regarded as the same sound that was the 1st sound.

Good then listen to the Damdami Takhsal. They learned directly from Guru Gobind Singh Ji and they assert time and time again their different words with different pronunciations. If you feel you know more than Guru Sahib then fine lol.

Well Kiraji, can you tell me if you think the Vedas are wrong? The jungle life is wrong? If you think it is wrong then you just are mistaken because you said that there is no prayer stronger than another prayer aka Sikh Phaat is not stronger than another religion's prayers. I beg to totally differ. There is nothing wrong with taking a dip in the Ganga or Yamuna, but if you do not have prembhagti there is no point. In all honesty I don't mean to come out as rude, since you have God enshrined in you as others including Maa Ganga Devi.

Not even gonna start lol, don't have the time or energy to bash my head against a wall. You should just stick to going to your Mandhirs Preet.

I am saying there is no mispronunciation because pronouncing the word can be used synonymous when talking due to accents. I don't know more than our adored Sri Guru ji, but I am sure that Ik Onkar is from Oum.

Honestly speaking, I have never been to a Mandir in my life. I don't think anything AntiSikh has been said by me :)

Good then stop arguing with what Guru Gobind Singh Ji taught, Oum and Ekonkaar are completely different words regardless how you want it to. Stop adding your own thoughts and what you believe into what Guru Sahib taught. Accents have very little to do with Gurbani IF someone pronounces it correctly, Many White Sikhs have extremely good pronunciations of Gurbani despite not being born into a tradition Sikh household.. Unless now you're saying Gurbani is imperfect and only certain accents can fully relish it's delights.

But if you're fine with agreeing with people that Guru Sahib coined it from the Vedas then so be it. So whatever

Of course not. You just love to argue with Gurbani instead because you know best.

? ?why don't some people understand Sikhi did not originate from Hinduism, Sikhi is its own faith. It's not rocket science to simply understand this. Guru Nanak Dev ji was sent by Waheguru Akaal Purakh, not by a somebody.

Somebody- gadhee gheri ch paaya Evi ?

Sorryji pasted wrong one, was suppose to be Bhai Vir Singh jis, pronounciation of Ik Onkaar.

There's been a topic on this before can't find it though.

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,1775

I see mbe obe kbe mbbs mla dsp is back ?

What about other examples that I have showed you such as Bishan who is known as Vishnu?? or Parbati Mai who is also known as Maa Parvati Devi? And how some people say Waheguru and some say Vaheguru? It essentially means the same thing.

Sorry but I'm not going to trust what people say. Various gods and Goddess are mentioned to illustrate certain points, if you feel the need to use and change Gurbani by referring to them in other names, lol it's on your head. Guru Sahib made it clear how we're to pronounce the words. pronunciation is everything. You should read the story about the Sikh that mispronounced Gurbani infront of Maharaj and why Guru Sahib started damdami Taksal. Right now what you're saying is that Gurbani allows people to change the words but since they essentially mean the same thing its fine. What you're now saying is that Gurbani CAN be changed.

I just showed you why Oum and EkOnankar are deemed separate terms as Onankar was a newly formed word by Guru Sahib but as usual you consider yourself more reputable than Maharaj. Sorry for pointing it out but the whole reason of the Santhiya is stop Sikhs mispronouncing everything. Regardless of what other faiths say we're to refer to everything the way Gurbani Taught us. Not what Hinduism taught, not what Christianity taught and so on.

As usual you decide to disregard Maharaj's words and decide your own interpretation is correct. It's your type of thinking that stops people gaining proper Gurmat Gyan of Santhiya. As you believe "oh well close enough so its fine". Even when reading the most Basic Mool Mantr people make countless mistakes as we're imperfect. But with the knowledge of Santhiya you can help limit them. You're happy to mispronounce Gurbani but get this. Not everyone is.

Yes it really does. If you want to mispronounce the first sentence of Gurbani then go for it. Allah and Ram mean the same thing, but their different words entirely. The same applies for IkOnakar and Oum. IkOnakar didn't come from Oum. It was actually a completely unique creation for it's time.

i know you lack basic reading comprehension. I know this is a big thing for you so let help you make it crystal clear :) I believe Gurbani is perfect but I also believe anyone who will sit down and lovingly address God and try to reach god will reach god. Regardless of what Scripture they read. God is about love and devotion. I already apologized for my "useless comment" however if all that is beyond you then be my guest. Maybe it's time you took a dip in your Ganga Devi again. My words may have caused you to sin by mistake.

Not sure if that was directed at me.

No hes talking about the gangu sanatani, who keeps reincarnating himself under different usernames on this sikh forum.

There is no mispronounciation, I will follow whatever way my Sri Guru jis use in pronounciation, but I am just saying that Om and Onkar are both names of ParaBrahman, and writing 'Ik' symbolizes the Oneness of God. It essentially means the same thing. If it means something different you can use that philosophy with how Vishnu is regarded as Bishan or something else. Om is regarded as the same sound that was the 1st sound.

Well Kiraji, can you tell me if you think the Vedas are wrong? The jungle life is wrong? If you think it is wrong then you just are mistaken because you said that there is no prayer stronger than another prayer aka Sikh Phaat is not stronger than another religion's prayers. I beg to totally differ. There is nothing wrong with taking a dip in the Ganga or Yamuna, but if you do not have prembhagti there is no point. In all honesty I don't mean to come out as rude, since you have God enshrined in you as others including Maa Ganga Devi.

The above in bold are just a few of your anti Sikh views where you

believe living in the jungle is right and having a dip in your ganga devi is right.

And when you dipped in your ganga devi, you didnt go to any mandir to ring some bells there?

Well, if I forgot to mention, I was saying that because Kiraji said that Sikh phaat isn't stronger than any other phaat from other religions. I have really never been to any Mandir. Even parcharaks on TV say that going to tiriths are fine but if you do not pray there is no point. Meaning that you should go and pray if you want results.

Stop pretending that you are a Sikh because no Sikh will believe in the caste system like you do,

nor believe that living in the jungle is right or calling a river "maa ganga devi" ( of which you are so fond of having a dip in.)

That guy said that those 3 are the top, but there are soo many Hindus who actually believe that Bhavani/Bhuvaneshwari is even higher than those 3. And when it says that those 3 can't see them, I thought it meant nobody sees God instead of saying those 3 don't? And so how is Oum different from Ik Oankar then? Because Ik Oankar represents oneness of God while Oum just means God.

Oh Hoooo, ???? what u on about now? Koi gal samj ni Aundi? I don't have honorary decorations, apay samjlaa Jo puchdi..neend ageyi das page posts Parkeh ??